Aligned with the regulations of the Indian government, one of the most important forms of identification for every Indian is the Aadhaar card. It is now used for several day-to-day operations, such as opening a Demat account or a bank account. The Aadhaar card contains a person’s crucial identity information, including biometrics. Each Aadhaar card comes with a UID/unique identification number.
Aadhaar cards may be obtained from Enrolment Centres and can be downloaded online too. If you have applied for one, you can download an Aadhaar card once it is ready. All you need to do is to check this on the official website of the Aadhaar card, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
Aadhaar Card Download Using Aadhaar Number
Using your Aadhaar number you can get your Aadhaar card download online:
- Visit the official Aadhaar website.
- Choose the “Aadhaar Number” option.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and your security code.
- Click on “Send OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Choose the option for a “Masked Aadhaar” card download.
- After you receive another OTP, you must click on “Verify and Download”.
- Your Aadhaar card download is complete and the downloaded card will be in your downloads folder on your device.
Steps for e-Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
If you want to download an Aadhaar card online using your name and date of birth, you have to first retrieve your EID (enrolment ID). This is possible with the following steps:
- Go to the ‘Retrieve EID’ page on the UIDAI website.
- Enter your name and the security code.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP that you get on your mobile phone and click on “Verify OTP”.
- You will receive your EID on your mobile phone.
- After this, you can use your EID to download your e-Aadhaar card from the UIDAI website.
- Go through a similar menu-driven process in which you enter your EID and the security code, receive an OTP, verify the OTP, and get your Aadhaar card download done online.
Steps to Download e-Aadhaar Card by Virtual ID (VID)
One of the ways how to download an Aadhaar card is by using your VID or virtual ID by going through the following steps:
- Visit Aadhaar’s portal.
- Click on “VID”.
- Fill in your VID, the security code.
- Generate an OTP and enter the OTP you receive on your mobile number.
- Your e-Aadhaar will be downloaded to your device.
This is how to download an Aadhaar card using your virtual ID.
E-Aadhaar Card Download by Using Enrollment Number (EID)
In the event you have applied for your Aadhaar card and have not received it yet, or wish to download an Aadhaar card, you can do so with your enrollment ID (EID). Here are the steps:
- Go to the UIDAI website.
- Click on the “Download Aadhaar” option and fill in your EID and your security code.
- Generate an OTP which will be received on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received and click on “Verify and Download”.
- Your Aadhaar card download has been successful and it will be in the downloads section of your system.
How to Download e-Aadhaar from DigiLocker Account
DigiLocker is a cloud-based platform that has collaborated with UIDAI to make an e-Aadhaar available to users when any DigiLocker account is linked to the Aadhaar. If you wish to obtain a digital version (e-Aadhaar) of your Aadhaar from DigiLocker, follow the steps below:
- Go to the DigiLocker official website.
- Login to your account, sign in and fill in your Aadhaar number.
- Generate an OTP by clicking on “Verify”.
- Fill in the OTP received on your mobile number.
- An “Issued Document” page will be displayed. Click on “Save” to download the e-Aadhaar. Your Aadhaar card download online is done through your DigiLocker account.
Get Aadhaar Card without Registered Mobile Number
Without your registered mobile number, you will not be able to download an Aadhaar card online. Instead, you will have to physically visit an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre. At the centre, you will have to submit your biometrics and documents for proof of identity. Once you provide the required information, you can get a printout of your Aadhaar card or a PVC card.
Download an e-Aadhaar Card through Umang App
One of the ways to download Aadhaar online is through the Umang app. The steps to follow for this are mentioned below:
- Go to Google Play or App Store and download the Umang app
- Under the section of “All Services”, click on “Aadhaar card”.
- Then click on “View Aadhaar card from DigiLocker”.
- After you are redirected to DigiLocker, sign in to your account. Your mobile number should have been registered to your Aadhaar before this.
- Via DigiLocker, you can view/download an Aadhaar card.
Download Aadhaar Card via mAadhaar App
The official mobile application for your Aadhaar is the mAadhaar app. An Aadhaar card download is possible for you to do through this app. This is how:
- You should have already linked your Aadhaar card with your mobile number before using mAadhaar. Log into the app first.
- Under “Get Aadhaar”, click on “Download Aadhaar”.
- Choose “Regular Aadhaar”.
- You can choose to download Aadhaar either with your VID, EID, or your Aadhaar number. Enter any one of these and generate an OTP.
- Fill in the OTP received on your mobile phone and click “Verify”.
- Click “open” to download Aadhaar online through mAadhaar.
How to Print e-Aadhaar Card after Download
Once you go through the process of an Aadhaar card download online, you can even print a copy. Your e-Aadhaar is a PDF, so you can open it with the help of a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat. Then, you can choose a print option on your device and print the Aadhaar.
Download Aadhaar Card Now
The UIDAI is a user-friendly platform that gives people the facility to download the Aadhaar (e-Aadhaar) card online. With this facility, an Aadhaar card download is simple and convenient to undertake for anyone. Additionally, one of the main advantages of downloading your Aadhaar is to keep it securely in your device and use it whenever required.
Read More How to Get e-Aadhaar Password?
What is the use of an e-Aadhaar card?
If you download an Aadhaar card, that is, you have an e-Aadhaar card, this digital form of your Aadhaar card may be used in place of a hard copy of the card. As a digital card, it remains safe on your mobile device.
Is there a limit on the number of times that you can go through the process of an Aadhaar card download?
You are permitted to download the e-Aadhaar as many times as you wish, depending on your requirements.
Can I download the e-Aadhaar with my VID or my EID?
In the absence of your Aadhaar number, you can download an Aadhaar card online with a virtual ID or an enrollment ID.
Can I download the Umang app on both an Android and IOS device?
The Umang app has compatibility with both Android and IOS devices to download the e-Aadhaar card.