In the age of digital advancements, the process of obtaining important government documents has also been simplified. Nowadays, you can download your PAN card from the comfort of your home without having to do rounds in government departments. If the news has piqued your interest and you are eager to know how to download a PAN card online, then read this article.
We will discuss three options for e-PAN card download.
e PAN Card Download From the National Securities Depositories Ltd. (NSDL)
These are the steps for e-PAN download from NSDL’s website.
- Visit the NSDL website and Click on the ‘Download e PAN’ option.
- You will be prompted to enter the 15-digit acknowledgement number that you have received during the PAN application
- Validate the Captcha and Submit
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP in the portal to validate
- In the next step, You will be given PAN card download PDF option
- The e-PAN card PDF is password protected. To open it use your Date of Birth as a password.
e PAN Download From the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited Website (UTIITSL)
Users can also download PAN cards from the UTIITSL’s website if they have applied through the portal. This facility is available to users who have applied for a fresh PAN card or requested a correction and update to their existing PAN card. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Log in to the official UTIITSL website and Click on download e PAN card
- Enter your PAN card number, GSTIN number (optional), and Date of Birth in the portal
- Enter the captcha in the space provided and click on Submit
- A link will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address.
- Open the link and complete the authentication process with an OTP to download the e PAN
e PAN Download From the Income Tax Department Website
You can download e PAN from the IT department’s website using your Aadhaar card. Follow the steps below to download the e-PAN from the IT department’s website.
- Go to the income tax e-filing portal and click on the instant e-PAN option
- Click on the e-PAN card option
- Click on the Continue button to check the Status/Download e PAN card
- You will be redirected to a new page to check the Status and Download e PAN
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number and Continue
- A 6-digit OTP will be generated and sent to the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar
- The OTP remains valid for 15 minutes.
- You will be directed to a page where you can check the status of your e-PAN application. If you have been issued a new PAN, you can download it from the page
Download e PAN Using PAN Card
If you have a PAN card number, you can download e PAN using it from the NSDL and UTIITSL portals.
- Visit the portal and click on the download e PAN card link
- Select the PAN option on the page
- Validate with PAN card, Aadhaar card number, GSTIN number (if any) and date of birth in their respective fields
- Finally, click on Submit after entering all the details
- You will arrive at a page where you can download the e-PAN.
If you have applied through the UTIITSL website, you can download e PAN from the portal if you have:
- Applied for a new PAN card
- You have requested changes and corrections to the PAN card
- You have a mobile number or email address registered with the IT department
The steps you should follow to download e PAN from the UTIITSL portal are the following.
- Log in to the UTIITSL portal
- Click on the download e PAN option under the PAN Services section
- A new window will open where you need to update your PAN card number, date of birth in the case of individuals or date of incorporation in the case of a corporation and GSTIN number (if applicable)
- Enter the Captcha on the page and click on ‘Submit’
- You will receive an e-PAN download link on your registered mobile number and email address
- Click on the link to download
- You’ll be prompted for an OTP; validate by entering the OTP
Read More: How to Apply for PAN Card Online?
By following the steps mentioned in the article, you can download your e PAN card from the comfort of your home. If you face any challenges in downloading your e PAN card from these portals, you can contact the respective customer care departments.
How can I download a PDF of my PAN card?
You can download e PAN card PDF from the NSDL, UTIITSL (in case of a new PAN card and corrections in the PAN card), and IT department websites.
- Log in to the respective portal and validate with your PAN card, Aadhaar card and date of birth
- You will receive a download link from the portal to download
- Validate with an OTP
- The PDF version is password protected. Use your DOB as a password to download e PAN
Where can I download my e PAN card?
You can download e PAN card from the NSDL and IT department’s websites.
Those who have applied for a PAN card from the UTIITSL website can also download e PAN card from the portal. This facility is available to new PAN card applicants, and those who seek corrections to their PAN card details.
Can I take a printout of the e PAN card?
Yes, you can download the e PAN card after downloading.
Is an e PAN card a valid document?
The e PAN card is a valid document. Taxpayers can use the e PAN card to carry out various financial transactions.