The e-Aadhaar card password is crucial to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. It serves as an additional layer of protection, ensuring that only authorised individuals can access your e-Aadhaar card digitally. By encrypting your Aadhaar card PDF file, the password safeguards your sensitive details, such as your Aadhaar number, from falling into the wrong hands. Below you can get all the information on how to get an e-Aadhaar password and download your e-Aadhaar card.
What Is an E-Aadhaar?
An e-Aadhaar is a digital or electronic version of the Aadhaar card, which is a unique identification document issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is an electronically signed PDF file that contains all the demographic and biometric information associated with an individual’s Aadhaar card. e-Aadhaar can be downloaded and accessed through UIDAI’s official website or the mAadhaar mobile application.
The e-Aadhaar carries the same validity as the physical Aadhaar card and is widely accepted as a valid identification document for various official and non-official transactions. Hence, it serves as a convenient alternative to carrying a physical Aadhaar card, allowing individuals to access their Aadhaar information digitally whenever required.
Read More About How to Download Adhar Card?
What Is an E-Aadhaar Password?
The e-Aadhaar password is a security measure implemented by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to protect the e-Aadhaar PDF file. When you download your e-Aadhaar card from the UIDAI’s official website or the mAadhaar mobile application, the PDF file is encrypted and requires a password to open and access its contents.
The password for opening your e-Aadhaar PDF file is a combination of your Aadhaar card details. It consists of the first four letters of your name as mentioned on the Aadhaar card, followed by your birth year in YYYY format. For example, if your name is Ramesh Kumar and your birth year is 1990, then your e-Aadhaar password would be “RAME1990.”
It’s important to note that the e-Aadhaar password is case-sensitive, meaning that uppercase and lowercase letters must be entered exactly as they appear on your Aadhaar card. Also, if your name is less than four letters long, you should enter the entire name in uppercase letters, followed by your birth year.
The e-Aadhaar card password ensures that only the authorised cardholder can open and access the e-Aadhaar PDF file, providing an additional layer of security to protect the personal information contained within it.
Remember to keep your e-Aadhaar card password confidential and avoid sharing it with others. This helps to maintain the privacy and integrity of your Aadhaar information and prevents unauthorised access to your e-Aadhaar card.
Why Is an E-Aadhaar Card Password Required?
Here are a few reasons why an e-Aadhaar password is necessary:
- Data Security: By encrypting the PDF file, the password safeguards your personal data, such as your Aadhaar number, address, and other sensitive details, from unauthorised access and potential misuse.
- Confidentiality: The password requirement helps prevent unauthorised individuals from opening and viewing your e-Aadhaar card without your consent, ensuring that your personal data remains private and secure.
- Preventing Identity Theft: The password helps maintain the integrity of your digital identity and prevents unauthorised individuals from impersonating you or conducting fraudulent activities.
- Legal Compliance: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) mandates using a password to access e-Aadhaar cards as part of their security measures.
How To Open an E-Aadhaar Card PDF After Downloading?
To open the downloaded e-Aadhaar PDF file, follow these steps:
- Locate the e-Aadhaar PDF file: After your e-Aadhaar download is complete from UIDAI’s official website or the mAadhaar mobile application, find the file on your computer or smartphone. The file is typically saved in the “Downloads” folder or the location you selected during the download process.
- Ensure you have the necessary software: To open the e-Aadhaar PDF, install a PDF reader application on your device. Common PDF readers include Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, or Google Chrome’s built-in PDF viewer.
- Open the e-Aadhaar PDF file: Right-click on the downloaded e-Aadhaar PDF file and select the PDF reader application you have installed. Alternatively, you can open the PDF reader application first and navigate to the location where the e-Aadhaar file is saved. Then, select the file to open it.
- Enter the password of e-Aadhaar: When prompted, enter the e-Aadhaar password to unlock the PDF file. The password is a combination of the first four letters of your name (as mentioned on your Aadhaar card) in uppercase, followed by your birth year in YYYY format. Make sure to enter the password exactly as specified, as it is case-sensitive.
- View and verify your e-Aadhaar: Once you have entered the correct password, the e-Aadhaar PDF file will be unlocked, and you can now view its contents. Scroll through the document to review your demographic details, photograph, and other information present on your Aadhaar card.
Benefits of an E-Aadhaar Card
If you already have a physical copy of your Aadhaar card, you might be thinking why you should be downloading the e-Aadhaar card. There are several benefits to downloading an e-Aadhaar card, which includes:
- If your Aadhaar card is lost or stolen, you can get a printout of it or access the information online.
- You may view your Aadhaar data without carrying the Aadhaar card and present it if ever required to do so for official purposes.
- If your Aadhaar data has been edited or modified, you do not need to visit the UIDAI office as the changes will be made online.
What If You Forget Your E-Aadhaar Card PDF Password?
If you cannot recall your e-Aadhaar Card PDF password, there is no need to worry. The password for your e-Aadhaar PDF file consists of the initial four letters of your name, written in uppercase (as per your Aadhaar card), followed by your birth year expressed in YYYY format.
In summary, obtaining the password for your e-Aadhaar card is a simple process that involves using your registered mobile number to generate a one-time password (OTP) or using the first four letters of your name followed by your year of birth as the default password. By following these steps, you can easily access and protect your e-Aadhaar card.
What is the password for the Aadhaar PDF file?
The password for the Aadhaar PDF file consists of the first four letters of your name (capitalised) followed by your year of birth in YYYY format.
How can I remove the password from my Aadhaar card PDF?
To remove the password from your Aadhaar card PDF, you can use a PDF password remover tool. Simply upload your Aadhaar PDF file to the password remover tool, and it will eliminate the password from the security settings.
How can I update the password on my Aadhaar card?
To update the password on your Aadhaar card, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the main page of the UIDAI website and click on the “Reset Password” button.
- Provide all the required information in the provided fields.
- Click on “Reset Password” and enter your desired new password.
Can you provide an example of an Aadhaar password?
An example of an e-Aadhaar password is when the individual’s name is ‘Abcde’ and their birth year is ‘1995.’ In this case, the Aadhaar password would be ‘ABCD1995.’ Remember to capitalise the first four letters of your name and use the correct birth year to create your own unique password.