Yes Bank Performance
Fundamentals of Yes Bank
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||68.24|
|Debt to Equity||NA|
Financials of Yes Bank
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||72.43||275.12||462.27||304.38|
|EPS in Rs||0.02||0.07||0.12||0.08|
About Yes Bank
History of Yes Bank
Founded by Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank Limited was incorporated on November 21, 2003. The bank obtained the certificate of commencement of business on January 21, 2004. Yes Bank Limited provides a wide range of banking and financial services. In 2005, they forayed into retail banking by launching International Gold and Silver debit cards in partnership with MasterCard International. The bank came out with the IPO, and its shares were listed on the stock exchanges in June 2005. In December 2005, the bank bagged the Corporate Dossier award from the Economic Times.
Due to defaults on corporate advances provided to organisations including the Anil Ambani Group, Subhash Chandra’s Essel Group, DHFL, Il&FS, Jet Airways, Cox & Kings, Go Travels, McLeod Russel, Omkar Realtors, Radius Developers, and CG Power, the bank had an extremely high GNPA ratio. A total of ₹35,000 crore was lent to these groups and turned into bad loans, first discovered by RBI in 2017.
Many commercial and governmental organisations invested in the bank in March 2020, protecting it from collapse under the Reconstruction Scheme 2020. Equity shares worth ₹2 Face Value per share were given to them, costing ₹10 per share. Each investor should be given a 75% share allocation that is locked in for 3 years. In November 2021, the bank divested all stakes in YES Asset Management (India) Limited and YES Trustee Limited to GPL Finance and Investments Limited.
Yes bank operates in four segments:
- Treasury segment: Under this segment, the business activities revolve around investments, financial markets activities on behalf of the bank’s customers, trading, maintenance of reserve requirements and resource mobilisation from other banks and financial institutions.
- Corporate/Wholesale Banking segment: This includes lending, deposit taking and other services offered to corporate customers.
- Retail Banking segment: This segment includes lending, deposit taking and other services offered to retail customers.
- Other Banking Operations segment: The other banking operation comprises para-banking activities, like third-party product distribution and merchant banking.
Key Managerial Personnel
Rana Kapoor, Founder
Rana Kapoor started his career in 1980 with Bank of America as Management Trainee. Rana Kapoor was the founder, managing director and CEO of Yes Bank. He worked at financial institutions before helping to co-found Yes Bank, which has its registered office in Mumbai.
Prashant Kumar, MD & CEO
Mr Prashant Kumar began working with the State Bank of India (SBI) in 1983 as a probationary officer and has since held several significant positions within the organisation. He has more than 35 years of banking industry expertise.
- In 2017, the company announced a stock split from ₹10/- to ₹2/- and the record date for the event was September 21, 2017.
- For growing digital banking, the bank has invested significantly in new-age and digital technologies to offer a superior customer experience. It will continue to partner with various FinTechs and corporates to strengthen its offering.
- Looking forward, the bank will be focused on carrying out profitable growth in the small and medium enterprise (SME) segment. For this, it will target digital documentation – E-Sign / E-Stamp launched for SME banking as well focus will be on analytics-driven prospective client identification.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|401.6 - 412|
|Bandhan Bank Ltd||₹34,215.61||
|212.8 - 218.5|
|36.75 - 38.4|
|Federal Bank Ltd||₹35,862.62||
|146.7 - 150.55|
|Bank of India||₹42,447.29||
|102.9 - 106.7|
What is the Share price of Yes Bank (YESBANK)?
Can I buy Yes Bank (YESBANK) shares?
How do I buy Yes Bank (YESBANK) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Yes Bank (YESBANK) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Yes Bank (YESBANK) shares.
What is the total Asset of Yes Bank?
The total asset of Yes Bank is Rs. 318,220 crores.
What is the main business of Yes Bank?
The main business of Yes Bank is to serve as a full-service private sector commercial bank by offering technology-driven digital financial offerings to its corporate, retail, and MSME customers. It operates under investment banking, merchant banking, and brokerage business segments.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Yes Bank?
The main wholly owned subsidiary that comes under Yes Bank is Yes Securities (India) Limited.