According to the rules of the Government of India, the most essential form of identification for all Indians is the Aadhaar card. It contains vital information, like iris data and fingerprints. Nowadays, your Aadhaar card is needed for several daily operations like opening a bank account. You also require your Aadhaar card, with your unique identification number, when you file your income tax returns, or get a new mobile number.
Aadhaar cards are obtained from Enrolment Centres. If you have applied for one, you may check your Aadhaar card status via the official website of the Aadhaar card, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
Methods to Check Aadhar Card Status
It is simple to check your Aadhaar card status online or at an official Aadhaar Centre. However, the simplest method is to visit the UIDAI website. Once you reach the home page, you can click on “My Aadhaar”. For your Aadhaar, check status based on the enrolment information you received while applying.
After you apply, you receive an acknowledgement slip. This slip has an enrolment number via which you can check your Aadhaar status.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Enrolment Status Online?
After you have decided to check your Aadhaar card status online, log on to the UIDAI website. Here are the steps to make an Aadhaar card status check online:
- Visit UIDAI’s official website.
- Fill in your enrollment ID.
- Enter the captcha.
- Your enrolment status will be displayed in a stepwise manner, depending on the stage at which your enrolment is.
Check Aadhar Card Status through Mobile Number
Another way you can check Aadhaar card status is by using your mobile phone. Just dial the toll-free number, 1800-300-1947, to get your current status. Here are the steps outlined:
- Dial 1800-300-1947 from the mobile number that is registered.
- Speak to an agent. You will have to provide your Enrolment ID.
- The agent will inform you about the status of your Aadhaar card.
Check Aadhaar Card Status by Name
Currently, your Aadhaar status cannot be checked using your name. The main way to check your Aadhaar card status is with your enrolment ID. You can easily get it back if it is misplaced.
Check Aadhaar Enrolment Status without Enrolment Number
Your Aadhaar enrollment number is important if you wish to check the status of your Aadhaar. You can easily check your status online or offline by giving the Aadhaar authority this number. In case it gets lost/misplaced, you have to retrieve it before checking your Aadhaar card status. The steps to do this are mentioned below:
- Go to ‘Retrieve EID’ on the UIDAI official portal.
- Select the option to retrieve your EID (enrollment ID).
- Fill in details – name, email ID, or mobile number. Fill in a security code. An OTP will arrive on your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP. After verification, your EID will arrive at your email address.
How to Check Aadhaar PVC Card Order Status?
The UIDAI offers you the facility of obtaining your Aadhaar card in the form of a specific PVC card, comprising security features. In case you have applied for a PVC card, your Aadhaar status can be easily checked via these steps:
- Go straight to the ‘Check Status’ section on the myAadhaar portal.
- You must provide the EID and complete the captcha.
- Then view your Aadhaar PVC order status.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Complaint Status?
If, for any reason, you have had to make a complaint about any aspect of your Aadhaar card, you can check the status of this. You will have to visit the UIDAI website and go through the steps below:
- Go to the contact and support page on the UIDAI website to start your process of how to check Aadhaar card update status for your complaint.
- You will see a section entitled “Grievance Redressal Mechanism”.
- Click on “Check Complaint Status”.
- Enter your SRN and the captcha.
- Press “Submit” to know the Aadhaar status.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Lock Status?
If you wish to find out whether your Aadhaar card is unlocked/locked, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the UIDAI website. Click on “My Aadhaar”.
- Fill in a 4-digit pin.
- In case your Aadhaar card is locked, you will be able to see a red lock symbol. This shows your Aadhaar card status as locked.
How to Check Biometric Lock/Unlock Status?
Once you have applied for an Aadhaar card, or have obtained an Aadhaar card, you should be aware of how to check Aadhaar card status for any purpose. As you know, your biometrics are incorporated into your Aadhaar card to ensure security measures. To check whether your biometrics are unlocked/locked, follow the steps below:
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on “My Aadhaar”.
- Enter your 4-digit pin.
- In case the biometrics in your Aadhaar is locked, you will see a red biometrics lock symbol.
The locked Aadhaar card status means that you cannot verify your identity using your iris or your fingerprints.
How to Check Aadhaar Bank Linking Status?
It is simple to know whether your Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account. To know your Aadhaar status in this aspect, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on “My Aadhaar”.
- Go to “Aadhaar Services”.
- Click on the section that says “Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status”.
- Enter your virtual ID or Aadhaar number, and the security code.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- Enter the OTP you receive on your mobile number and click on “Submit”.
Read More How to Download Aadhaar Card?
As per the Indian government, the Aadhaar card is the most crucial form of identity for an Indian. The Aadhaar card has importance as it is required for relevant transactions in India. In case you have already applied for an Aadhaar card, you may wish to find out the progress of your application and the status of your Aadhaar. Check the status conveniently at the user-friendly UIDAI website, the official Aadhaar portal.
If I have misplaced my enrolment slip, should I enrol again to check my Aadhaar status?
You do not have to enrol again to check your Aadhaar status if you have misplaced/lost your enrolment slip. You can easily retrieve your enrolment number through the UIDAI website.
Is it possible to check Aadhaar card status with my name and my date of birth?
According to new guidelines, you cannot check the status with your name and date of birth. You must enter your enrollment ID to check your Aadhaar card status.
In case I have updated the information on my Aadhaar card, can I use it to get a home loan?
You can use your Aadhaar card as valid proof of identification for securing a home loan, but first, you must check the status of your Aadhaar card and ensure the details are valid.
Where can I check my Aadhaar status?
You can easily check the status of the Aadhaar Card by visiting the UIDAI website. You have to provide the EID/captcha to check your status.