If you wish to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, you can easily do it online or offline. But, before you learn how, you need to understand the benefits of linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
Benefits of Linking an Aadhaar Card and Bank Account
While linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account is not mandatory, there are several benefits to doing so. These benefits include:
- An Aadhaar linked with a bank account will enable the direct credit of scholarships and MNREGA pension funds.
- Bank accounts linked with an Aadhaar card are less likely to be prone to instances of fraud, as security standards for your Aadhaar card are stringent.
- The Aadhaar card is a legitimate KYC document and linking will help in this process with your bank.
- An Aadhaar link with a bank account prevents public expenditure leaks as transparency is established in transactions.
- Access to bank accounts from any location is facilitated by the online operations of the Aadhaar Enabled Payments System.
Now that you know the benefits of linking an Aadhaar card with a bank account, here is how you can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
How to Link Bank Account with Aadhaar via Branch
If you wish to visit your bank to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, you can visit your bank branch. Follow the steps below:
- Provide your e-Aadhaar or your Aadhaar card.
- Fill in a form for the linking process.
- With a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card, submit the form.
- A verification process follows after which linking will be done.
You can check the Aadhaar-bank link status online after you have completed the physical process.
How to Link Aadhaar to Bank Account Online via Internet Banking
Linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account through Internet banking is easy. You can go through the following steps:
- Log in to your bank’s Internet banking site.
- Go to the tab for the Aadhaar link with your bank account.
- Choose the account to be linked, fill in your Aadhaar number, and hit “Submit”.
- On the screen, you will see the last two digits of your mobile number.
- You will receive the status of your request for linking on SMS.
The process of how to link Aadhaar to a bank account may differ slightly from one bank to another, but by and large, the basic steps remain the same.
Linking Your Bank Account with Aadhaar Through Mobile App
Another way to link your Aadhaar card with a bank account is through the mobile app of your bank. Once your linking process is complete, you can find out the Aadhaar-bank link status through the app itself. Here are the steps for the linking process:
- Download your bank’s app.
- You may have to register and then log in.
- Depending on the banking app, you will see a tab “Service Request” or “Request”.
- You may now see a tab saying, “Link Aadhaar” or “Link Aadhaar to Bank Account”.
- After you click on the linking option, you will be asked which account you want your Aadhaar linked to (if you have more than one account). Click on the account you wish to be linked to.
- Fill in your Aadhaar number where required.
- Click on “Confirm”, “Update”, or any other option that may be displayed.
Your Aadhaar link with your bank account is now completed through your bank’s mobile app.
How to Link Aadhaar to Bank Account at ATM
You can link your bank account to your Aadhaar card through your bank’s ATM as well. However, you should check whether your bank’s ATM has the facility for this beforehand. Here is how to link Aadhaar to a bank account via an ATM:
- Visit the ATM of your bank.
- Insert your debit/ATM card and enter the PIN.
- A menu of services to choose from will be displayed. Select the one that lets you link your bank account to your Aadhaar.
- Fill in your Aadhaar number and press “Submit” or any relevant option confirming the process’s completion.
Once this is done, the Aadhaar-bank link status may be checked online or offline.
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Using the Missed Call Facility
By using the facility of a missed call, your Aadhaar link with a bank account can be done with your mobile phone. Here is how you can do this:
- Your bank may have provided you with a number. Give a missed call to that number.
- Your bank will call you and let you choose an option from the IVR.
- Via your phone, enter your Aadhaar number.
- You will receive an SMS confirming that your Aadhaar is linked.
Linking your Bank Account with Aadhaar Through SMS Service
It is simple to link your Aadhaar to a bank account online, but you may also do it via SMS. The following steps show you how to do it:
- You must enter the following to send an SMS to a customer service number given to you by your bank: Number <space> UID <space> account number
- Your bank will conduct a verification process with the UIDAI.
- As soon as your request gets approved, you will receive a confirmation that the Aadhaar has been linked.
Remember, you can always check on your Aadhaar-bank link status online, in person, or through the customer care number of your bank.
Updating Aadhaar Number Through Phone Banking
You could link your bank account to your Aadhaar using your bank’s phone banking facility. First, you must check if your bank has such a facility. Then, you can dial the number provided and follow the instructions in the recorded voicemail on the phone. Select options to link your Aadhaar card with your bank account. To complete the process, you will need to enter your Aadhaar number.
Aadhaar Bank-Link Status – How to Check If Your Bank Account Has Been Linked to Your Aadhaar Card
Typically, you will receive an email or an SMS stating that your Aadhaar link with your bank account is approved. You are not likely to find any information regarding the linking of your Aadhaar to your bank account on the UIDAI website. The best way to find out information about the status of the linking process is to ask your bank.
As you have read, linking your bank account facilitates the ease and convenience of daily operations and you can also find out your Aadhaar-bank link status once you have started the linking process. The Unique Identification Authority of India offers Indians various facilities related to the Aadhaar and linking it to your bank account is just one of them.
Read More About Aadhaar e-KYC Online
Is it mandatory to link your bank account to your Aadhaar?
It is not mandatory to link your bank account with your Aadhaar, but you may do this to enjoy some benefits.
How many accounts may be linked to your Aadhaar card?
If the bank accounts are held by the same person, such as a joint account or a minor account, the user can link their Aadhaar number to multiple accounts.
Is the Aadhaar-bank link status easy to track?
The Aadhaar-bank link status is easy to track. There are several ways to do this, including via your bank, either online or offline.
Is there any way to link Aadhaar to a bank account online?
There is a process to link your Aadhaar to your bank account online and you can do this through the internet banking facility on your bank’s website.