Linking your Aadhaar number to your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account offers numerous benefits, especially when it comes to withdrawing funds. The EPF, also known as a provident fund, is a retirement plan where both the employee and employer contribute to a corpus fund from which the employee receives a pension upon retirement. To identify the EPF account, a Universal Account Number (UAN) is assigned. When it comes to linking Aadhaar with UAN, it is necessary to seed the provident fund with an Aadhaar card. Here’s how you can link your Aadhaar with your EPF account online and offline.
How To Link Aadhaar With EPFO?
You can seamlessly do this online by visiting the website of the Unified Portal of Employees’ Provident Fund. Follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Unified Portal of Employees’ Provident Fund.
- Navigate to the ‘For Employees’ section and click on the ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’ link.
- Sign in using your UAN ID and password.
- Under the ‘Manage’ tab, select the ‘KYC’ option.
- You will see different tabs for adding various documents to link with your EPF account.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Aadhaar’ option.
- Carefully enter your name and Aadhaar card number, and then click on the ‘Save’ button.
- Your Aadhaar number will be validated against the UIDAI database.
- Once the employer and UIDAI successfully approve the KYC document, your EPF account will be linked to your Aadhaar card.
- To check the status, look for the term ‘Verified’ next to your card number.
Link Aadhaar Card With an EPF Account Offline
When it comes to linking UAN with Aadhaar offline, you will need to visit either an EPFO branch or a Common Service Centre. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Obtain the ‘Aadhaar Seeding Application Form’ from any EPFO branch.
- Fill out the form accurately, providing the required information, including your Aadhaar card number and UAN details.
- Make sure to self-attest photocopies of your UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar card and attach them to the application form.
- Submit your completed application form and the supporting documents in person at the EPFO branch.
- The EPFO will verify the details provided and link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account.
- Once the verification process is complete, a notification confirming the linkage will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Link an Aadhaar Card With an EPF Account Using the UMANG App
You also have the option of setting up a UAN Aadhaar link using the UMANG app. Follow these steps:
- Open the UMANG app and log in using your MPIN or the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once logged in, go to the ‘All Services Tab’ and select ‘EPFO’.
- In the EPFO section, choose ‘e-KYC services’.
- Select the option for Aadhaar Seeding in the ‘e-KYC services’ menu.
- Enter your UAN and click on the ‘Get OTP’ button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number linked to your EPF account.
- Provide your Aadhaar details as requested.
- You will receive another OTP on your registered mobile number and email address.
- Verify the OTP successfully to complete the process of linking your Aadhaar and UAN.
Once the OTP verification is complete, your Aadhaar and UAN will be successfully linked.
What Are the Advantages of Linking an Aadhaar Card With an EPF Account?
Linking your Aadhaar card with your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account in India provides several benefits:
- Effortless and Swift Withdrawals: With an Aadhaar-linked EPF account, you can enjoy seamless and expedited withdrawal procedures. Online EPF withdrawals can be easily completed by verifying your Aadhaar details, making the entire process efficient and convenient.
- Simplified KYC Process: Aadhaar serves as a comprehensive identification document containing biometric and demographic information. You can instantly complete your EPF Aadhaar link online KYC online. By linking Aadhaar with EPF, the cumbersome process of submitting separate identity and address proofs for KYC is eliminated.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT): Integration of Aadhaar with EPF enables direct benefit transfers, ensuring that funds such as EPF withdrawals, pension payments, or government subsidies are directly credited to your EPF account without intermediaries. This guarantees timely and accurate disbursal of benefits.
- Access to Online Services and Self-Service Portals: Aadhaar linkage with EPF grants you access to various online services and self-service portals offered by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Through these platforms, you can conveniently check your EPF balance, download passbooks, update personal details, and utilise other EPF-related services.
- Enhanced Account Security: Linking Aadhaar with EPF strengthens the security of your account. Aadhaar authentication adds a layer of verification, minimising the risks of fraud and unauthorised access to your EPF funds.
- Prevention of Duplicate Accounts: Aadhaar linkage aids in identifying and eliminating duplicate EPF accounts. It ensures that your EPF contributions are accurately associated with your unique Aadhaar number, reducing the likelihood of multiple accounts and simplifying the management of your funds.
- Reduced Paperwork: Linking Aadhaar with EPF minimises the need for physical paperwork and documentation. This saves time and effort that would otherwise be spent on submitting and verifying multiple documents.
Read More How to Link Adhar to Bank Account?
Linking your Aadhaar card with your EPF account offers a range of advantages that can greatly simplify your interactions with the EPFO. By completing this process through various online and offline channels, you streamline the KYC process, enabling quick and convenient withdrawals. The added security to your account, access to online services and self-service portals, and facilitation of direct benefit transfers are all valuable benefits that come with Aadhaar-EPF linkage.
Moreover, this practice reduces paperwork, helps prevent duplicate accounts, and ensures you stay up-to-date with the latest requirements from the EPFO. By taking the initiative to link your Aadhaar with your EPF account, you optimise your EPF benefits and enjoy a seamless and efficient experience with the EPFO.
Why is it necessary to link my Aadhaar card with my Employee Provident Fund (EPF) account?
Linking Aadhaar with EPF simplifies the Know Your Customer (KYC) process, streamlines withdrawals, enhances account security, enables direct benefit transfers, and provides access to online services.
How can I link my Aadhaar card to my EPF account online?
You can link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account online by logging into the EPF portal or using the UMANG app. Follow the instructions provided and complete the Aadhaar linking process.
Can I link my Aadhaar card to my EPF account offline?
Yes, if you prefer an offline method, you can visit any EPFO branch or Common Service Centre to link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account. Fill out the Aadhaar Seeding Application Form and submit it with a self-attested photocopy of your Aadhaar card.
What happens if I don’t link my Aadhaar card to my EPF account?
Failure to link your Aadhaar card to your EPF account may result in challenges during the KYC process, delayed or complicated withdrawals, limited access to online services, and potential issues with direct benefit transfers. It is recommended to link your Aadhaar card for a smoother EPF experience.