After a few sluggish months, the Indian IPO market has picked up the steam once more with a long list of companies ready with their offer. Julsy will be a busy month for the companies and investors alike, with several IPOs in line.
IPOs in the fiscal year 2020-21
|IPOs In FY 2020-21||55|
|Amount Raised Via Public Issue (Initial Public Offer + Follow-On Public Offers) In FY20-21||Rs 46,000 Crore|
|Amount Raised Only Through IPO In FY 2020-21||Rs 31,000 Crore|
The upcoming IPO of 2021 calendar lists some impressive names like LIC India Ltd., Zomato, Flipkart, Nykaa and many more. Some of these companies have already filed initial papers with the SEBI seeking approval, while others are in discussion with various stakeholders.
|LIC Ltd.||Rs 70000 Crore|
|Paytm||Rs 16600 Crore|
|PolicyBazaar||Rs 6500 Crore|
|Nuvoco Vistas||Rs 5000 Crore|
|GoAir||Rs 3600 Crore|
|Aptus Value Housing||Rs 3000 Crore|
|Star Health||Rs 2000 Crore|
|CarTrade||Rs 2000 Crore|
|MobiKwik||Rs 1900 Crore|
|Penna Cement||Rs 1550 Crore|
|Krsnaa Diagnostics||Rs 1200 Crore|
|Supriya Lifesciences||Rs 1200 Crore|
|Medi Assist Healthcare Services||Rs 850 Crore|
|Windlas Biotech||Fresh Issue – Rs 165 Crore, Pre IPO Placement Of Rs 50 Crore.|
|HP Adhesives||To be Updated|
Let’s have a look at which companies will launch IPOs during July. Please note, this is a tentative list and subject to modification as more updates are announced.
|Company Name||IPO Size (approx)||Tentative Date|
|Clean Science and Technology||Rs 1546.62 crore||July 7 2021|
|GR Infraprojects||Rs 963.28 crore||July 7 2021|
|Zomato||Rs 9,375 crore||July 14, 2021|
|Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem||Rs 500 crore||July 16, 2021|
|Glenmark Life Science||Rs 1,513.60 crore||July 27, 2021|
|Rolex Rings||Rs 700 crore||July 28, 2021|
|Utkarsh Small Finance Bank||Rs 1,350 crore||July, 2021|
|Shriram Properties||Rs 800 crore||July/August, 2021|
|Fincare Small Finance Bank||Rs 1,330 crore||July/August, 2021|
|Devyani International Ltd||Rs 1400 crore||July 2021|
|Paras Defence and Space Technologies Ltd||NA||July 2021|
|Go Airlines (India) Ltd||NA||July 2021|
|Seven Islands Shipping Ltd||NA||July 2021|
|Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd||NA||July 2021|
|ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd||1000 crore||August 2021|
|Studds Accessories Limited||450 crore||August 2021|
Clean Science and Technology
- The company is a part of the speciality chemical sector, specialising in pharmaceutical intermediates, performance chemicals, and FMCG chemicals.
- The Pune-based company’s IPO was open for bidding from July 7 to July 9 2021. The offering comprised entirely offer-for-sale issues.
- The IPO was subscribed 93.41 times, receiving bids to the tune of 1,14,92,30,160 equity shares of Rs 880 – 900 apiece.
G R Infraprojects Limited
- The company’s IPO size was Rs 963.28 crore. The IPO was open for subscription from 7 July 2021 to 9 July 2021.
- The market lot size for this IPO was 17 shares. Its minimum lot size and maximum lot size was 1 and 14 respectively.
- This company’s IPO was subscribed 102.58 times on 9 July 2021. Its shares were subscribed 12.7 times in the retail segment, 238.04 times in the NII segment and 168.58 times in QIB segment.
- The online market aggregator brings customers, restaurant partners, and delivery partners together in a single platform, caters to 23 countries.
- Zomato launched its IPO for Rs 9,375 crore on July 14, comprising primary issues worth Rs 9000 crore and secondary components of Rs 375 crore from selling investor Info Edge.
- The bidding window remained open for three days, from July 14 to July 16, 2021.
- Shares were available in the price band of Rs 72 – 76 apiece.
- Zomato IPO saw 38.26x subscriptions.
Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Ltd
- Tatva Chintan Pharma opened its IPO on 16 July 2021 and closed on 20 July 2021.
- The IPO size was worth Rs 500 crore comprising issue of new equity shares worth Rs 225 crore and offer for sale worth Rs 275 core. 50% will be available for allocation on proportionate basis to QIBs. 15% will be available to NIBs and remainder to retail investors.
- The IPO was subscribed 180.36 times.
- The company is one of the largest manufacturers of structure directing agents for zeolites in the country. It exports products to over 25 nations worldwide, including the US, the UK, China, Germany, and South Africa.
- Exports account for nearly 76% of its total revenue.
Glenmark Life Science
- Operating in the pharmaceuticals segment, Glenmark Life Science is a leader in producing a wide variety of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
- The IPO is expected in July, although the dates are yet to be announced.
- It will be a combination of fresh shares of Rs 1,160 crores and an offer for sale of equities of approximately 7.31 million.
- It’s one of the leading foreign companies in India that manufactures automotive components. It boasts a diverse product range catering to various auto segments such as passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, and 2-wheelers.
- Rolex Rings received SEBI’s nod on 1st June 2021 to float an IPO. It’ll open on 28th July, 2021 and close on 30th July.
- The IPO will comprise fresh issue of shares worth Rs. 70 crore and offer-on-sale amounting to Rs. 630 crore.
- The price band for this IPO is Rs. 960 – 970 apiece.
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank has become the sixth small finance bank to float an IPO after receiving a nod from SEBI.
- They have received approval for a Rs 1350 crore IPO, which will consist of primary and secondary issues.
- They intend to utilise the funds from the fresh issues to augment Tier – 1 capital requirements.
- Bengaluru-based Shriram Properties had filed initial papers with SEBI for Rs 800 crore IPO.
- The IPO is expected at the end of July or early August.
- The issue size comprises Rs 250 crores in fresh scrips and Rs 550 crores in offer for sale of equities, granting partial exit to four initial investors.
Fincare Small Finance Bank
- Fincare Small Finance Bank is all set to launch its IPO offer of Rs 1,330 crore and filed draft papers with the market regulator.
- It will combine new issues and secondary components of Rs 1000 crores from promoter Fincare Business Services.
- IPO dates are yet to be announced.
Devyani International Ltd
- Devyani International Ltd. is the biggest franchisee of Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee, and KFC.
- They have submitted the red herring prospectus (RHP) with the market regulator to receive a green signal. The estimated issue size of Rs 1,400 crore will comprise primary issues worth Rs 400 crore and an offer for sale of up to 12.5 crore equity shares from promoters.
- Revenue comes from its core operation. KFC and Pizza Hut together contributed 92.28 percent of their operational revenue in FY21.
Paras Defence and Space Technologies Ltd.
- They are engaged in designing, developing, producing, and testing a wide range of defence and space engineering products and solutions.
- They filed preliminary papers with SEBI in March and received approval to float an IPO comprising Rs 120 crore in fresh scrips and up to 17,24,490 equity shares from current promoters.
- There will also be a pre-IPO placement of Rs 35 crore equity shares.
Go Airlines (India) Ltd.
- Go Airlines (India) Ltd. is India’s budget passenger-carrying airline, considering IPO launch in FY22. They have filed DRHP with the SEBI in May and hope to get approval by July end.
- They are looking at an issue size of Rs 3,600 crore, using the funds preliminary for debt repayment.
- The company’s offer size may also include an additional stash of Rs 15 billion per SEBI filing.
Seven Islands Shipping Ltd. IPO
- The company is the third-largest Indian sea-borne logistic company in deadweight tonnage capacity, engaged primarily in carrying crude oil.
- Their proposed IPO issue will contain new shares of Rs 400 crore and an offer for sale of Rs 200 crore, of which Rs 100 crore will be raised by FIH Mauritius Investment, and the rest will come from current promoters.
- They have received SEBI’s approval to launch a Rs 600 crore IPO.
Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd.
- The Blackstone-backed housing finance company is a leading mortgage financier to the low-income earning segment.
- They have filed initial papers with the SEBI for an IPO size of Rs 73 billion.
- The issue comprises a primary component worth Rs 15 billion and an offer for sale of up to Rs 58 billion from VII Pte Ltd., an investment entity backed by Blackstone.
ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd
- ESAF Small Finance Bank has refiled with the SEBI seeking approval for public listing following RBI mandates that require small finance banks to list in the local exchanges within three years of achieving Rs 500 crores net worth mark.
- The total size of the issue is likely to be around Rs. 976.24 crore, with Rs 800 crore in fresh scrips and the rest Rs. 176.24 crores in OFS equities.
- Since only DRHP is filed, details regarding the IPO are not yet available.
Studds Accessories Limited
- Studds Accessories Ltd. is a global leader in producing two-wheeler helmets. In 2018, they sold the highest numbers of two-wheeler helmets globally.
- They are on a solid financial path and doubled investor’s wealth since March 2020 in the grey market. Despite a pandemic ravaged 2020, the company posted a revenue earning of Rs 436.94 crore.
- Studds Accessories IPO offer will probably contain primary and secondary components. The company is likely to raise Rs 98 crore in new shares and around 3,939,000 equity shares in an offer for sale.
Upcoming IPOs in 2021
With many companies listed to launch IPO offers in 2021, it will be an exciting year for investors. Let’s look at the upcoming IPOs in 2021.
LIC India Ltd.
- LIC is a state-owned life insurance provider and one of the critical market players in the domain.
- LIC IPOis a part of government’s divestment plan which will possibly fetch between Rs 20,000-30,000 crore.
- It is expected to be the largest IPO launch in the Indian market. With the new norms in place the final issue size can vary between Rs 45,000-55,000 crore.
Arohan Financial Services
- The Kolkata-based finance company offers income generation loans and financial-inclusion loans to the economically backward section, who have limited or no access to financial services.
- They filed for an IPO size of 1800 crore, which will comprise new shares of Rs 850 core and an offer for sale of 2,70,55,893 equities.
- The company plans to mobilise Rs 150 crore through a pre-placement offer. It might lower the final IPO size. However, we will come to know more about the offer when they will announce the dates.
Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Medi Assist is a third party insurance (TPA) administrator engaged by the insurance companies to assist process and documentation of health insurance settlement.
- In a first from a health insurance TPA from India, they have filed draft papers with the market regulator.
- According to sources, it will be a purely OFS issue comprising approximately 2.80 million equity shares from existing promoters and shareholders.
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC offers portfolio management, offshore funds management, and alternative investment services with 135 mutual fund schemes. As of December 2020, the total AUM managed by the company was Rs 2.74 trillion.
- They are planning for a Rs 22,000-24,000 crore IPO.
- The management has started preparing the ground for submitting DRHP with the SEBI.
Aptus Value Housing Finance India Ltd.
- The Chennai-based housing finance company is one of the largest in India, offering affordable mortgage loans to self-employed and middle-income individuals.
- They have submitted preliminary papers with SEBI to mobilise around Rs 2600- 3000 crore in IPO.
- The issue size will comprise 64.59 million equity shares in OFS and Rs 500 crores in new shares.
- CarTrade is an online auto marketplace for buying and selling new and used cars.
- CarTrade is another IT startup to float an IPO in 2021. They have filed with SEBI for a Rs 2000 crores IPO.
- It will be a pure offer for sale to grant exit to early investor CMDB II, which holds an 11.93 percent stake in the company.
Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Ltd.
- Nuvoco Vistas is the cement manufacturing unit of the Nirma Group. Currently, it is the fifth-largest in terms of combined production capacity after acquiring India’s Lafarge unit and Kolkata-based Emami Group.
- They have submitted with SEBI for USD 800 million IPO.
- The offer size will comprise primary issues worth Rs 1,500 crore and OFS of Rs 3,500 crore.
- Online beauty retailer, Nykaa E-retail Pvt. Ltd., planning IPO in FY22, considers a post-IPO valuation of USD 4.5 billion.
- It is one of the Indian startup unicorns with a valuation of over USD 3 billion, catering to a nationwide client base. Nykaa has over 15 million users and processes 1.5 million-plus orders a month. It also happens to be the only unicorn to be profitable, recording positive income since 2019.
- They are considering an IPO size between Rs 500-700 million, according to sources.
- Paytm is an Indian e-commerce payment and Fintech company that ranks among startup unicorns with a valuation of USD 16 billion.
- The company said it is considering a public route listing with an IPO size of Rs 218 billion.
- Their offer will comprise fresh equities and an offer for sale from current investors, including employees.
- PharmEasy is an online marketplace for buyers and local pharmacies that allows customers to purchase medicines from nearby drug stores.
- According to sources, they are looking at an IPO size of Rs 3,000-3,700 crore to take its valuation to USD 3 billion post-IPO.
- They are also exploring possibilities of indirect listing in the US market to gain a higher valuation.
Supriya Lifescience Ltd.
- Supriya Lifescience Ltd. is a critical player in producing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) with a comprehensive product range of more than 39 components.
- They have submitted papers for a Rs 1200 crore IPO with the SEBI.
- Their offer will comprise primary and secondary issues for approximate values of Rs 200 crore and Rs 1000 crore, respectively.
- It is a home service gig-company earlier known as UrbanClap.
- Company founder Abhiraj Singh Bhal informed the news media that his company is considering an IPO launch in the coming days.
- Currently, they are looking at a timeline of 18 to 24 months to finalise the offer.
Windlas Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Windlas Biotech Pvt. Ltd. ranks among the top five pharmaceutical formulations contract development and manufacturing organisations (CSMO) in the nation.
- They have submitted preliminary papers with SEBI for an IPO.
- Their issue will comprise Rs 165 crore in new shares and an offer for sale of 5.14 million equities from existing promoters and shareholders.
Closed IPOs in July
Clean Science and Technology Ltd.
- Their IPO opened on July 7, 2021 as one of the first IPO after a few months of lull in the current fiscal.
- During the three days subscription period the IPO received 93.41 times subscription on the final day.
- Company shares will be listed in BSE and NSE on July 19,2021.
G R Infraprojects
- G R Infraproject was the second IPO to hit the market on July 7, 2021. The bidding window remained open till July 9,2021.
- The issue was oversubscribed in all three categories of institutional, non-institutional, and retail investors.
- On the final day, the issue received 102.58 times subscriptions.
Upcoming IPO in July 2021 FAQs
How to apply for an upcoming IPO in July 2021?
If you already have a Demat account, you can apply for IPOs through your brokerage firm.
Existing Angel One investors can log in to their accounts and apply via the website or mobile app.
Where can I get the application forms for July 2021 IPOs?
You can download the form from your broker’s or NSE/BSE websites. You can also collect a physical form from the broker’s office and submit it duly filled with the necessary documents. If you apply with a broker or a bank, you need to avail of ASBA (application supported by blocked amount).
What is the total IPO size in July 2021?
You can calculate the total IPO volume by multiplying the price of each share by the total number of outstanding shares.
How can I apply for an IPO using UPI?
According to recent changes, retail investors need to apply for an IPO through UPI. To make payment through UPI, investors must link their savings account to a UPI handle like BHIM or Google Pay. During the application process, the broker/bank will send a system-generated payment mandate to their UPI handle for approval.
You can download the application from the broker or NSE/BSE websites and complete the KYC information before submitting it. For payment, you either have to pay through ASBA or UPI. ASBA will authorise the bank to block an amount equal to your application value in your account. On the date of IPO allotment, the blocked amount will get deducted from your account.
How to check the subscription date for the July 2021 IPO?
If you are an Angel One client, you can visit our website to find all essential details related to an IPO, including subscription dates, issue size, lot size, listing date, allotment date, and more. Visit our IPO calendar to learn more about upcoming IPOs of 2021.