The purpose of this section is to give users a clear idea about their portfolio at any given point of time so that they can track and assess the performance of their portfolio, compare them and tweak them whenever needed.
SECTION WISE DESCRIPTION
In the new version, the user can easily spot the overall details of their portfolio on the homepage itself, where they can check their –
- Invested Amount – The total amount of money paid by them to own the assets or initiate their trades.
- Market Value – The total market value of all their assets combined.
- Overall gain – The difference between market value and the invested amount (shown both in absolute terms and percentage terms)
- Today’s gain – This is the day’s gain in market value (over and above the invested amount). This value is also presented both in absolute and percentage terms.
Thereafter, if you click this box (where the above details are being shown) or if you click directly on the ‘Portfolio’ section, you will be taken to the Portfolio page which will present you with the following information –
1. The above 4 data points along with the options to –
a. Download the portfolio data
b. Verify to Sell
2. The list of assets under your holding along with the following information for each asset –
a. Invested (amount) – Total amount invested in that individual asset (i.e. Average price quantity).
b. Quantity – The number of units of that asset currently at play in your portfolio.
c. Market Value – Total market value of the entire quantity of that asset held by you (i.e. Current market price quantity).
d. Today’s gain – The day’s increase in market value of your holdings of that asset.
e. AVG – The average price paid by you for all the units of that asset in your portfolio
f. Overall gains from holding the total quantity of that asset held in your portfolio (both in absolute and percentage terms) over the entire period that asset has been in your portfolio.
g. Current market price of the asset (both in absolute and percentage terms)
You can put filters on the portfolio list and sort them as per your preference by clicking the sort/filter icon beside the search bar.
Coming back to the homepage, below the dark box where the portfolio details are given, one will find the option of Portfolio analyser – it is an important addition in our Super app version.
Figure: The portfolio details – overall details are in the dark-colour box and individual scrips below it
It is important that as your portfolio grows, your ability to track each and every asset of your portfolio as well as tweak the portfolio as per changing circumstances should not decrease.
Therefore, we have for you the Portfolio Analyser which can help you identify below aspects of your portfolio –
- Data categorised in terms of Small/Medium/Large Stocks under “Market”
- Data categorised in terms of “Sectors”
- Investment distribution across assets, especially your biggest investments under “Top Holdings”
You can check the proportion of the specific asset classes in your portfolio based on either market value or invested value.
Figure: Portfolio analyser: Capitalisation-based analysis (left), Sector-based analysis (middle) and analysis of top holdings (right) – sections highlighted in red
As you can see, only the most relevant data has been chosen to be shown so that the trader/investor can effectively assess and manage their portfolio in a matter of seconds.
If you click on an individual asset in your portfolio page and scroll down to the bottom, you will see two new, innovative options that we have added – Trade History and Dividend Earned.
Trade History will give you the details of every trade you made on a daily basis along with the following data –
- Number of assets bought/sold
- Average market price at which the trade was made
- Total amount paid/received in that trade
- Date of the trade
You can sort the above list based on the action (i.e. buy/sell) and the total amount involved in the trade by hitting the arrow signs beside these headings.
Figure: Trade History page (left) and Dividends Earned page (right)
Under the Dividend Earned page, you can view the list of the dividends paid to your account and the date when it was paid. The following information will be visible –
- Date of the payment of dividend
- Total dividend amount received in your account on each individual date (in the list)
- Total dividend earned in the financial year (in the green box at the bottom)
The data for both Trade History and Dividend Earned are categorised yearly, so you can change the financial year for which the trades you are viewing by clicking the required financial year on the top of the page.
As may be clear, the Trade History and Dividend Earned pages allow users to comprehend and track each and every detail of their trades and investments and use this information to improve their market decisions.