No matter how much you invest and in what instruments, there comes a time when you would want to withdraw funds from your trading account. This process of removing funds from your trading account to the registered bank account is known as Funds Payout. With Angel One, you can easily place a funds payout (withdrawal) request on our platform and receive it directly in the bank account linked to your trading account. Benefits of using Angel One trading account are:
- You can attach multiple bank accounts with correct bank details.
- No restriction as to receiving funds only in your primary bank account. You can receive money in your selected bank account.
Withdrawal of funds from your Angel One account
Before making funds withdrawal requests, you must check the “Withdrawable Balance” in your account. You should also know that the “Withdrawable Balance” may be less than the “Funds” available as a portion may be withheld against
- Margin requirements
- Brokerage charges
- Other statutory charges, etc.
The funds payout process with Angel One is entirely digital and straightforward. Follow the below steps to withdraw funds.
1. Go to the ‘Funds’ section after logging in
2. Click the ‘Withdraw’ button
3. Enter the amount that you want to withdraw from the withdrawable balance amount
4. Click withdraw funds to submit the request
When can I place a withdrawal request in case of sell transactions?
As per the settlement cycle, you can place a funds payout request on the below-mentioned days.
- For delivery sell transactions, a payout request can be placed on the T+2 day
- For F&O transactions, fund payout requests can be placed on T+1 day
For example, you have sold equity shares of ABC limited on Monday. In that case, your funds will be released on T+2 day, i.e. Wednesday, assuming that there are no trading holidays between Monday and Wednesday. So, you will be able to place the funds payout request on Wednesday.
Update your bank account details
IFSC codes and account numbers have been changed for several banks due to the recent mergers. For example, Oriental Bank of Commerce & United Bank of India merged with the Punjab National Bank and more. So, if your bank has recently merged or amalgamated then please make sure that your account number and IFSC code is updated on our app. As the old IFSC code will not be valid for any of the online transactions. For some of the users account numbers might have been changed too. So, to continue enjoying hassle-free pay-ins/payouts with Angel One, you need to ensure that your bank details like IFSC code, account number, etc. are correct. You can do so online by visiting the profile section of our app.
Check the below table to know if your bank is in the list of merged banks.
What is the funds payout cycle of Angel One?
In Angel One, funds payout requests are processed three times a day for the convenience of traders. We will process your funds payout request as per the timeline given below.
Payout marking after cut-off time for the day will be processed on next working day as per the payout cycle.
Transferring funds from your trading account to the bank account is hassle-free and convenient with Angel One. However, check the withdrawable balance and adhere to the timeline above before placing a withdrawal request to avoid rejection. Click here to withdraw funds instantly through our app or web platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have sold the shares from my Demat account. When can I transfer the funds to my bank account?
As per the settlement cycle, you can place funds withdrawal requests on the following days.
- For delivery sell transactions, funds payout requests can be placed on T+2 day
- For F&O transactions, funds payout requests can be placed on T+1 day
2. I have made a BTST (Buy Today, Sell Tomorrow) trade. When can I place a funds payout request?
In BTST transactions, withdrawal requests can be placed on T+2 days after the selling transaction is executed.
3. I have placed a funds payout request. When will the funds be credited to my account?
4. Why have I received only a partial amount against my funds payout request?
You have received partial funds against your withdrawal because of either of the following reasons:
- Margin requirements
- Initiated new trade
- Accrual charges
For example: Assume you have Rs. 1000 as a withdrawable balance at the beginning of the day i.e. 9:00 am. And you have placed a funds payout request of Rs. 1000. After placing the request, you entered into an intraday trade and suffered a loss of Rs. 100 (including Brokerage, Taxes, and other statutory charges), leaving your clear ledger balance to be Rs. 900. Hence, when your withdrawal request is processed, you will receive Rs. 900 in your account and not Rs. 1000. In this case, the loss of Rs. 100 due to the intraday transaction modified the amount you received. Similarly, if there is any change in the margin requirements or any accrual charges that need payment, you will receive only a partial amount.
5. Why is my funds payout request rejected?
Your withdrawal request can get rejected for the following reasons:
- You have entered a new trade
- Margin requirement has changed
- Inadequate balance in your account
6. Why am I unable to withdraw the entire balance available in my funds?
It is because you have unsettled balances in your account. It can happen because of the following reasons:
- For delivery sell transactions,
- You can use only 80% of the amount to trade on T day, and you can withdraw the same on T+2 day
- You can use the remaining 20% for trading or withdraw it on T+2 day
- Funds received from exiting F&O position can be withdrawn on the next working day
- Funds that you have added during the day can be withdrawn on the following day
7. I have 2 bank accounts. I want to receive funds from my secondary bank account. What should I do?
While withdrawing, Angel One gives you the option to select a bank account in which you want to receive the funds. The amount will get credited to the bank account you have chosen.