An online home loan EMI calculator is a digital tool that helps you estimate the EMI for a home loan you are seeking. These loan calculators help to assess the affordability of a loan and budget accordingly. Among these is the DHFL home loan EMI calculator that lets you compute the EMI and interest on your DHFL home loan. It is a user-friendly tool offered by Angel One that enables quick and accurate calculations and allows you with decision-making regarding your home loan.
The online home loan EMI calculator works on a mathematical formula that requires three inputs from you - principal loan amount, the interest rate on the loan, and the loan tenure to calculate the instalments for the repayment of your home loan. The online loan calculator also calculates the amount of interest and the total amount payable toward your home loan.
It allows you to try different values for principal, interest, and tenure to enable comparison of different loan offerings and scenarios. This way you can choose the loan that suits you best.
The formula for home loan EMI Calculation is: –
EMI = [P x R x (1+R)^N]/[(1+R)^N-1]
P = Principal amount of the loan
N = Loan tenure in months
R = Applicable interest rate
You can use the online DHFL home loan EMI calculator on Angel One’s website. Follow the steps below to calculate it in seconds: –
- Enter the loan amount you want to borrow from DHFL. This is the principal amount.
- Specify the applicable interest rate on your proposed home loan.
- Input the tenure of the loan.
As soon as you input all the details, the calculator will instantly generate the EMI and interest payable along with the total amount payable across the loan tenure.
Let’s take a simple example to understand.
Suppose you take a home loan of Rs. 50 lakh at an interest rate of 12% per annum for 20 years. Inputting these values into the DHFL home loan EMI calculator would generate an EMI of Rs. 55,054 per month. The total interest on your home loan would be Rs. 82,13,034, and the total payable amount towards your home loan would be Rs. 1,32,13,034.
The DHFL home loan EMI calculator facilitates effective decision-making and financial planning. Below are some of its notable benefits:
- Saves time and effort: Understanding the home loan EMI calculation formula and calculating it manually might be a time-consuming task where the output is also prone to errors. The DHFL home loan EMI calculator makes the calculation easy and quick and eliminates the need for complex calculations.
- Accurate calculation: The online DHFL home loan EMI calculator eliminates the possibility of calculation errors that manual calculations are prone to. As a result, you get accurate estimates that facilitate better financial planning.
- Financial planning: By offering an accurate picture of the monthly outgo and overall loan cost, the DHFL home loan EMI calculator helps borrowers plan their finances effectively. Using this information you can plan better, budget effectively, and manage your finances well.
- Cost evaluation: The DHFL home loan EMI calculator helps you to assess the feasibility and affordability of your proposed home loan. Simply availing a loan without considering your budget might lead to financial instability later. The calculator provides a comprehensive understanding of the total repayment amount, including interest so that you can check the affordability of the loan.
- Comparison: You can also use the DHFL home loan EMI calculator as a comparison tool to compare different loan amounts, interest rates, and tenures, and make informed decisions that align with your financial needs and budgets at the same time.
The EMI on your home loan depends on various factors. They are below:
- Loan Amount:
The principal amount borrowed directly impacts the EMI. Higher principal amounts result in larger EMIs.
- Interest rate:
A higher interest rate will mean that a greater interest is charged by the bank. This increases the overall loan cost as well as the value of EMI.
- Loan Tenure:
The longer you take to repay the loan, the longer you attract interest. While your EMI will be lower in case of longer tenures, you will consequently pay higher interest and the total loan cost will be more.
- Down Payment:
If you make a higher down payment for your home, it will reduce the amount you borrow, and that will, in turn, lower the EMI.
- Credit scoret:
Your credit score is one of the key factors that determine your interest rate and, consequently, the EMIs. Higher scores help in reducing interest rates, thereby leading to lower EMIs and vice-versa.
- New Home Loan Facility: DHFL allows customers to utilise their New Home Loan option to acquire a pre-constructed, under-construction, or previously owned residential property.
- DHFL Home Construction Loan: DHFL Home Construction Loans provide a viable solution for individuals who possess the land and aspire to build their dream home but face financial constraints. These loans offer a convenient and accessible way to secure funding to complete house construction, making homeownership aspirations a reality.
- NRI Home Loans: DHFL recognises the bond of Indians living abroad and extends its support through the NRI Home Loans program. With attractive interest rates and a wide range of options, including home purchases, plot acquisitions, and renovations, DHFL ensures that location is no barrier. Whether you are an Indian residing abroad, their International Representative Offices make it effortless to apply for a home loan and fulfil your housing aspirations.
- DHFL Home Renovation Loan: Similar to other aspects of life, homes also require maintenance and occasional renovations. However, the expenses associated with the renovation can often be financially overwhelming. DHFL's Home Renovation Loans provide a solution to enhance and transform the appearance of your home without straining your finances.