The future value of investment will be
Bajaj Finance is one of India’s leading Non-banking Financial Companies (NBFCs). Bajaj Finance provides fixed deposit options for individuals and businesses to invest their money for a fixed period and earn interest on their deposits. Using the Bajaj Finance FD calculator, you can determine the maturity amount and interest on the investment even before opening the account.
The Bajaj Finance FD calculator typically works by determining the maturity amount and interest earned. It uses the formula for compound interest, taking into account the principal, interest rate, and tenure. The maturity amount represents the total value of the fixed deposit investment at the end of the chosen tenure, including the interest earned. The interest earned represents the additional amount generated on top of the principal.
FD calculators are valuable tools as they help investors make informed decisions about their fixed deposit investments. By inputting different scenarios, such as varying principal amounts, tenures, and interest rates, investors can compare and assess the potential returns of different fixed deposit options before making their investment decisions.
To make an FD calculator work you have to enter the following values:
- Principal Amount: You input the initial amount or principal that you plan to deposit in the fixed deposit account.
- Tenure: You specify the duration or tenure for which you want to keep the money invested in the fixed deposit. This can be in months or years.
- Interest Rate: You provide the interest rate offered by the financial institution for the fixed deposit.
Once you input these values, the FD calculator performs calculations to give you the result depending on the compounding frequency and the specific formula used.
Bajaj Finance FD calculator, like any other FD calculator, uses compound interest formulas to calculate the maturity amount and interest earned on your fixed deposit. The Bajaj Finance FD calculator formula
used for calculating the maturity amount in their FDs can be expressed as follows:
Maturity Amount = P * (1 + (r / n))^(n * t)
P = Principal amount (initial deposit)
r = Annual interest rate (as a decimal)
n = Number of compounding periods per year
t = Tenure in years
In this formula, the principal amount is multiplied by the factor (1 + (r / n)) raised to the power of (n * t). This accounts for the compounding effect on the investment.
To calculate the maturity amount and interest earned on a particular FD, you have to enter the principal amount, the interest rate and the duration of the investment in the FD calculator. The calculator will then automatically give you the required figures.
Let’s understand this with an example.
Ms J has decided to invest Rs. 10 lakh in a financial instrument. She plans to invest this amount in Bajaj Finance FD for 5 years, where the rate of interest is assumed to be 6.5% p.a. To calculate the maturity proceeds, follow the below steps:
- Enter Rs. 10,00,000 in the principal field
- Select the interest rate as 6.5%
- Choose a tenure of 5 years
Within seconds, the FD calculator will do the math for you. In this case, the interest earned will be Rs. 3,25,000, and the maturity amount will be Rs. 13,25,000.
Using the Bajaj Finance FD calculator offers several benefits that can help you make informed decisions regarding your fixed deposit investment. Here are some advantages of using the Bajaj Finance FD calculator:
- Accurate calculations: The FD calculator ensures accurate and reliable calculations based on the provided principal amount, tenure, and interest rate. It eliminates human errors in manual calculations, providing you with precise results.
- Quick and convenient: The FD calculator allows you to calculate the maturity amount and interest earned within seconds. It saves you time and effort compared to manual calculations or visiting a branch for assistance.
- Scenario analysis: The calculator enables you to explore different scenarios by adjusting the principal amount, tenure, and interest rate. You can compare various options and assess how different parameters affect the maturity amount and interest earned. This helps you make better investment decisions aligned with your financial goals.
- Planning and goal setting: The FD calculator helps you plan your investments and set specific financial goals. By inputting different values, you can determine the required principal amount or tenure to achieve a desired maturity amount. This assists in effective financial planning and allows you to track progress towards your goals.