About Emcure Pharma IPO
Emcure Pharmaceuticals was incorporated in 1981. Ever since it was recognised as one of the leading pharma companies in the country, this company has earned accolades for providing quality healthcare solutions and leveraging advanced technology. It is involved in major therapeutic areas and proactively develops, manufactures and distributes pharma products. Over the years, Emcure Pharma has implanted its business globally.
Emcure Pharma IPO Objectives :
Emcure Pharma plans to use its net proceeds from its public issue in these ways:
- Repay partially or in full the company’s existing debt
- Addressing working capital requirement.
- Meeting general corporate expenses.
Emcure Pharma IPO - Details
The issue size of Emcure Pharma IPO is estimated to be around Rs. 4,500 – Rs. 5,000 crores. It will comprise a fresh issue of equity shares worth Rs. 1,100 crores alongside an offer for sale of 18,168,356 shares.
per equity share
₹ - Cr
per equity share
per equity share
₹ - Cr
per equity share
Listing at NSE, BSE
Emcure Pharma IPO Important Dates
|IPO Open Date||-|
|IPO Close Date||-|
|Basis Of Allotment Date||-|
|Initiation Of Refunds||-|
|Credit Of Shares To
|IPO Listing Date||-|
Why Should You Invest in Emcure Pharma IPO?
Multiple factors work in favour of Emcure Pharma’s business and growth prospects. Collectively, they could prompt investors to park their money into the upcoming IPO. For instance, this pharmaceutical company enjoys a robust market position across major therapeutic areas and boasts of a diversified product portfolio. Also, its extensive global presence adds to its moat significantly.
In the past three financial years, CMS Info Systems have delivered a profit in successive years. Here is an overview of this company’s financial highlights during this period –
|Financial Year||Total Revenue in Million||Total Assets in Million||Profit After Tax in Million|
|March 2021||Rs. 60,918.06||Rs. 68,073.98||Rs. 4,185.94|
|March 2020||Rs. 51,308.60||Rs. 60,040.55||Rs. 1,006.10|
|March 2019||Rs. 48,155.90||Rs. 58,104.39||Rs. 2,029.68|
How to apply for Emcure Pharma IPO?
You can apply for the Emcure Pharma IPO in these ways:
Link your bank account to a reliable UPI ID and register it with your Angel One account. Proceed to book Emcure Pharma IPO shares using the ID, confirm the payment on the UPI app, and block the amount for allotment.
1. If you are already a client of Angel One, apply directly for
Emcure Pharma IPO, click here.
2. If you’re a new investor Open DEMAT Account for free with Angel One to begin your investment journey.
Emcure Pharma IPO – Noteworthy Highlights
Emcure Pharma boasts of producing India’s first mRNA vaccine. It is also recognised as a trusted brand in the pharma sector and a market leader in areas such as HIV, oncology, and blood-related disorders.
1. As per AIOCD, 7 of its brands have made it to the top 300.
2. Emcure Pharma is the 12th largest Indian pharma company.
3. As per a report shared by CRISIL, this company leads in sales in three areas: blood-related antiviral, gynaecology antivirals and HIV antivirals.
4. Emcure Pharma has a robust international presence. It has 19 subsidiaries, 11,000 employees and nearly 500 scientists.
5. The company has a strong global presence and operates actively in more than 70 countries. It has special brand visibility in Canada and Europe.
Emcure Pharma IPO - SWOT Analysis
- Diverse product portfolio: Emcure Pharma boasts of a diverse, globally-sold product portfolio. It has also managed to garner attention and appraise Covid care products. This helps generate a steady flow of revenue.
- International presence: The strong global presence works in favour of the company’s moat and business model.
- Advanced R&D: Its core research and development team is highly skilled and has years of experience. The company's R&D team has a strong backing of over 500 qualified scientists and the latest technology.
- Financial standing: Emcure Pharma enjoys a strong financial standing. This company has managed to achieve profitable growth in the last 3 years.
- Not a differentiated portfolio: The lack of uniqueness in Emcure Pharma products limits its prospects in the market to some extent.
- Geographical operation: With a presence in more than 70 countries, the company’s footing is geographically diverse. However, it also indicates that the company does not necessarily focus on one market and thus, could have untapped prospects of growth and visibility.
- Sector growth: The pharmaceutical sector is growing at an exceptional rate. This offers a push to build a differentiated product base in the coming years.
- Advancement in technology: Investing in tech-based projects and newer innovations could help the company reach its peak and improve the quality of products even further.
- API market push: Currently, the API market enjoys ample tailwinds. Coupled with that, the China+1 strategy also seems to benefit Indian pharmaceuticals, especially market leaders like Emcure.
- Competition: Both global and domestic pharmaceutical space entails cut-throat competition. This limits the growth prospect for Emcure and other market leaders.
- Change in pharmaceutical regulations: Changing norms and regulations pertaining to the international pharmaceutical company tend to impact sales. While pro-pharma regulation could boost sales, anti-pharma norms tend to deter companies from reaching their targeted sales.
- An unsuccessful attempt at achieving innovation-driven goal: If this company fails to adhere to innovation-driven growth, it will not be able to reach its full potential.
- Reputation: One of the major strengths of Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC is its market reputation. Being in this business for more than 20 years, the company has delivered consistent returns. This brand image creates a base for the company to scale further.
- Strong distribution channel: The company has a vast distribution channel that helps it to cater to a larger demographic.
- Strong investment team: The investment team behind the scene led by experienced fund managers rely on research and analysis to ensure expected returns.
- Inconsistent growth in revenue: The revenue growth for ABSL AMC has been inconsistent at times, which can be a concern.
- Heavy reliance on distributors: The operation relies heavily on distributors, which can sometimes be an issue.
- Low industry penetration: Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC operates in an underpenetrated business segment with considerable potential.
- Tough competition: Aditya Birla Sun Life is working in a segment where its rivals are already listed and hold a significant market share.
Competitive Analysis: Market Peers
|Market Peets||Returns on Net Worth (%)||Total Income in Millions|
|Abbott India||26.54%||Rs. 43,909.20|
|Biocon Limited||9.71%||Rs. 73,603|
|Alkem Laboratories Limited||21.49%||Rs. 90,982.20|
|Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited||11.06%||Rs. 1,93,389|
|Cipla Limited||13.12%||Rs. 1,94,255.80|
|Biocon Limited||9.71%||Rs. 73,603|
|Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited||21.45%||Rs. 80,614.80|
Emcure Pharma IPO FAQs
How to apply for Emcure Pharma IPO via Angel One App?
Step 1: Open the Angel One app and go to 'Investment Opportunities'.
Step 2: Select ‘IPOs and FPOs’ and then enter necessary details.
Step 3: Enter NPCI approved valid UPI ID.
Step 4: Place your order by clicking on the 'Invest' option.
Can I apply for Emcure Pharma IPO if I don’t have a UPI ID?
What are the steps to create a UPI ID?
Step 1: Download BHIM app.
Step 2: Complete your mobile number verification.
Step 3: Register your passcode to open the app.
Step 4: Check and select your bank from the available options.
Step 5: Let the app fetch your bank details.
Step 6: If you have multiple accounts, then select one that you wish to register with the BHIM app.
Step 7: Set a UPI PIN.
Once these are covered, you can check your UPI ID by navigating to the profile section.
Where can I find my UPI ID?
What shall I do if I am unable to apply for IPO through my UPI handle?
Why can’t I pay for Emcure Pharma IPOs through my UPI ID?
I want to apply for IPO, but I can't see my UPI Handle on the Angel One app. What shall I do?
How long does it take to receive the UPI mandate request?
How to approve Emcure Pharma IPO mandate request?
Even after approving the mandate request, the status Angel One app shows as 'pending'. What should I do?
By when should I approve UPI mandate request?
Can an investor submit more than one application for Emcure Pharma IPO?
What charges do I have to pay for applying for Emcure Pharma IPO?
How can an NRI apply for Emcure Pharma IPO through Angel One app?
What is the cut off price?
My bank account is not linked with Angel One. Can I apply for Emcure Pharma IPO?
Can an investor apply for Emcure Pharma IPO using a current account?
Can I apply for Emcure Pharma IPO through a HUF account?
Can I apply for Emcure Pharma IPO using my daughter’s (a minor) account?
I applied for Emcure Pharma IPO, but my account was not debited. What should I do?
Can an investor modify the bid in Emcure Pharma IPO?
Can one cancel/delete/withdraw a bid in Emcure Pharma IPO?
Step 1: Open Angel One app.
Step 2: Move to ‘Investment Opportunities.
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘IPOs and FPOs’ section.
Step 4: Click on ‘Order Book’.
Step 5: Select IPO order.
Step 6: Click on ‘Details’ button.
Step 7: Click on the ‘Cancel’ option.
How to check Emcure Pharma IPO application status?
Step 1: Navigate to ‘Investment Opportunities’.
Step 2: Choose ‘IPOs & FPOs’.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Order Book’ option.
The application status will be displayed on screen.
Why was my Emcure Pharma IPO rejected?
- For entering the wrong UPI PIN or ID when approving mandate request.
- Using a Bank A/c, UPI ID or Demat A/c that are not mapped to one PAN.
Suppose Pooja is using Karan’s UPI ID to apply for Emcure Pharma IPO with her Demat A/c. In such a scenario, Pooja’s application is likely to get rejected because:
- Karan’s bank A/C is not linked to her Demat A/c
- Pooja’s PAN is not linked to Karan’s UPI ID.