Whirlpool of India Performance
Fundamentals of Whirlpool of India
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||84.29|
|Debt to Equity||0.01|
Financials of Whirlpool of India
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||36.08||80.05||98.58||52.28|
|EPS in Rs||2.11||4.94||5.9||2.89|
About Whirlpool of India
History of Whirlpool of India Limited
Incorporated in 1960, Whirlpool of India Limited is involved in the manufacturing and distribution of consumer durables like washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, microwaves and many more.
In 1980, Whirlpool entered the Indian market as a joint venture with TVS group and set up their first manufacturing unit in Pondicherry for washing machines. In the same year, the company went public and got listed on the exchanges. In 1995, Whirlpool acquired Kelvinator India Limited. In 1996, the company’s name was renamed to Whirlpool of India (WoI) Ltd. In the next year, WoI became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Whirlpool Corporation, USA. The company expanded its product base and started manufacturing several consumer products, such as air conditioners, dishwashers, etc.
As of March 2023, Whirlpool of India has 3 manufacturing units located in Puducherry, Faridabad and Pune and 71 branch offices and warehouses in India. They have a vast dealer network located in every state of India. They export their products to international locations as well, such as Afghanistan, China and Sri Lanka.
Business Segments of Whirlpool of India Limited
The main business segment of the company is Home Appliances. They manufacture and distribute home appliance products, such as:
- Refrigerators: The company provides various types of refrigerators, such as single door, double door, bottom mount, three door, four door, etc.
- Washing Machine: Under this segment, Whirlpool of India provides different types of washing machines like semi automatic washing machines, top load washing machines and front load washing machines.
- Air Conditioners: The company provides various split air conditioners under this segment.
- Microwave Oven: Various types of microwave ovens, such as Convection Microwave Ovens, Grill Microwave Ovens, Solo Microwave Ovens and OTG, are provided.
- Dishwashers: The company offers different types of dishwashers at different prices.
- Purifiers: Under this, the company offers a wide range of air purifiers and water purifiers.
- Commercial Appliances: The company also offers built-in appliances, such as hobs, built-in refrigerators, built-in microwave ovens, built-in coffee machines, built-in dishwashers, etc.
Apart from the comprehensive range of products, Whirlpool of India Limited also offers repair services on their products. They have more than 3,500 service centres located in several cities and towns in India. They also offer annual maintenance services on their products which can be availed during or post warranty.
As of March 31, 2023, the subsidiary of Whirlpool of India Limited is as follows:
- Elica PB Whirlpool Kitchen Appliances Private Limited: This subsidiary of Whirlpool of India Limited is engaged in manufacturing and distributing kitchen appliances, including hobs, kitchen hoods, built-in microwave ovens, etc. WoI holds a stake of 87.25% in this company.
Key Personalities of Whirlpool of India Limited
Narasimhan Eswar, Managing Director
Narasimhan Eswar has been the President and Managing Director of Whirlpool of India and South Asia since March 2023. Previously, he held various roles at different companies, such as Associate Marketing Director at Procter & Gamble, Senior Vice President at Reckitt and Chief Executive Officer at Ki Mobility Solutions Private Limited.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Kaynes Technology India Ltd||₹13,788.78||
|2275.85 - 2380.4|
|Genus Power Infrastructures Ltd||₹5,992.66||
|223.1 - 234.2|
|Orient Electric Ltd||₹4,688.72||
|217.1 - 221.6|
|Opal Luxury Time Products Ltd||₹14.45||
|43 - 43|
|Monica Electronics Ltd||₹4.69||
|7.7 - 8|
What is the Share price of Whirlpool of India (WHIRLPOOL)?
Can I buy Whirlpool of India (WHIRLPOOL) shares?
How do I buy Whirlpool of India (WHIRLPOOL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Whirlpool of India (WHIRLPOOL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Whirlpool of India (WHIRLPOOL) shares.
Is Whirlpool Of India a Debt free Company?
Yes, Whirlpool Of India is a debt free company.
What is the main business of Whirlpool Of India?
The main business of Whirlpool Of India is to manufacture various home appliances, including washing machines, refrigerators, water purifiers, air conditioners, dishwashers, microwave ovens, coffee machines, barbeque fryers, hobs, and kitchen hoods.
Who are the promoters of Whirlpool Of India?
The main promoter of Whirlpool Of India is Whirlpool Mauritius Ltd with 75% shareholding as of 30th September 2022.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Whirlpool Of India?
The only subsidiary that comes under Whirlpool Of India is Elica PB Whirlpool Kitchen Appliances Private Limited (previously known as Elica PB India Private Limited).