Avenue Supermarts Performance
Fundamentals of Avenue Supermarts
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||115.5|
|Debt to Equity||0.04|
Financials of Avenue Supermarts
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||811.75||624.97||897.26||851.94|
|EPS in Rs||9.1||7.1||10.14||9.58|
About Avenue Supermarts
Avenue Supermarts Limited (ASL) primarily operates supermarkets under the well-known brand DMart. It runs a one-stop grocery network that strives to provide clients with a large selection of essential personal and home goods under one roof. Each DMart store has home utility products such as food, toiletries, beauty products, garments, kitchenware, bed and bath linen, home appliances and more.
Mr Radhakishan Damani incorporated the company in May 2000. It launched an IPO in March 2017 and got listed on exchanges on March 21, 2017. Since opening its first store in Powai in 2002, DMart has grown well-known at 327 locations throughout Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, NCR, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka Telangana.
- Retail Stores: The company operates a retail store chain that generates revenue from the Food, FMCG, and General Merchandise and Apparel segments. The majority of the revenue comes from the food segment.
- Align Retail Trades Private Limited (ARTPL): It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Avenue Supermarts Limited. The company is engaged in packing and selling grocery products, spices, dry fruits, etc.
- Avenue Food Plaza Private Limited (AFPPL): AFPPL is engaged in the business of operating food outlets at DMart stores. It was incorporated on June 08, 2004, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ASL.
- Avenue E-Commerce Limited (AEL): AEL is involved in online and multi-channel grocery retail under the brand name of DMart Ready.
- Nahar Seth & Jogani Developers Private Limited (NSJDPL): The subsidiary company NSJDPL was established on February 21, 2014, focusing on building and land development.
- Reflect Healthcare And Retail Private Limited (RHRPL): It is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of ASL and operates in the healthcare business. The company was incorporated on May 28, 2018.
- Radhakishan Shivkishan Damani, Founder
Radhakishan Shivkishan Damani isthe founder of Avenue Supermarts Limited and a millionaire seasoned investor from India. In order to launch his chain of hypermarkets, DMart, he left the stock market in 2000 and opened the first location in Powai in 2002.
In 2023, the company acquired Health and Glow, a Bangalore-based beauty and personal care brand.
The global cues are uncertain as a result of geo-political instability. However, the domestic economy is likely to be resilient due to numerous inherent factors such as growing urbanisation and favourable demographics., etc. As a result, the business is likely to witness growth due to the rising nuclearisation of families, rising households, etc.
- Value pricing and an attractive discount strategy provide a competitive edge.
- Efficient supply chain and sourcing network aiding the business to maintain low costs.
- Diversified product range fueling revenue diversification.
- The company’s limited online presence could act as a growth barrier.
- Limited presence in India creating restrictions to gain market share.
- The rapid growth of e-commerce presents ample opportunities for business growth.
- There is a larger room for its store network expansion in untapped markets and underserved areas.
- Business operates in a highly competitive retail sector from organised retail chains and local retailers.
- Changes in customer behaviour and preference impact sales performance.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|2854.6 - 2912.45|
|Vedant Fashions Ltd||₹34,793.88||
|1426.6 - 1454.05|
|Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Ltd||₹22,546.77||
|236.85 - 245|
|Future Enterprises Ltd||₹38.21||
|0.9 - 1|
|1814 - 1919.95|
What is the Share price of Avenue Supermarts (DMART)?
Can I buy Avenue Supermarts (DMART) shares?
How do I buy Avenue Supermarts (DMART) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Avenue Supermarts (DMART) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Avenue Supermarts (DMART) shares.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Dmart?
The subsidiaries that come under Dmart are Avenue Food Plaza Pvt Ltd, Align Retail Traders Pvt Ltd, Avenue E-Commerce Ltd, Nahar Seth & Jogani Developers Private Limited, and Reflect Wholesale And Retail Private Limited.
What is the total Asset of Dmart?
The total asset of Dmart is Rs. 15,471 Crores
What is the main business of Dmart?
The main business of Dmart is to operate a chain of hypermarkets in India. Each Dmart store sells home utility products, including food, beauty products, toiletries, garments, kitchenware, bed and bath linen, home appliances, etc. The company’s headquarters are in Mumbai.
Who are the promoters of Dmart?
The key promoters of Dmart are Radhakishan Shivkishan Damani, Bright Star Investments Pvt Ltd, Gopikishan Shivkishan Damani and Shrikantadevi Radhakishan Damani.