The Indian economic recovery has begun in earnest as lockdown restrictions are easing across various states in India. Following suit, the stock market is also performing steadily. Amidst such optimistic signs, companies are now lining up with their IPOs, and August is expected to be a busy month as well.
IPOs in the Fiscal Year 2020 – 21
|IPOs in FY 2020 – 21||55|
|Amount Raised Via Public Issue (Initial Public Offer + Follow-On Public Offers) in FY20-21||Rs 46,000 Crore|
|Amount Raised Only Through IPO in FY 2020-21||Rs 31,000 Crore|
The IPO list of FY2022 can keep investors on their toes with names like LIC of India, Flipkart, Zomato, Nykaa, Star Health, Paytm, and more. While some of them have filed their DRHP with SEBI already, others are in the process of sorting out the finer details with their various stakeholders. Take a look at the top companies that will tentatively launch their IPOs between September and March 2021.
|LIC Ltd.||Rs 55000 Crores|
|Paytm||Rs 16600 Crores|
|PolicyBazaar||Rs 6500 Crores|
|Nuvoco Vistas||Rs 5000 Crores|
|PharmEasy||Rs. 3700 Crores|
|Aptus Value Housing||Rs 3000 Crores|
|Star Health||Rs 2000 Crores|
|CarTrade||Rs 2000 Crores|
|MobiKwik||Rs 1900 Crores|
|Penna Cement||Rs 1550 Crores|
|Krsnaa Diagnostics||Rs 1200 Crores|
|Supriya Lifesciences||Rs 1200 Crores|
|Park Hotels||Rs. 1000 Crores|
|Medi Assist Healthcare Services||Rs 850 Crores|
|Windlas Biotech||Fresh Issue – Rs 165 Crores, 50 lakh OFS Shares, Pre IPO Placement Of Rs 50 Crores.|
|HP Adhesives||To be announced|
|Delhivery||To be announced|
|Ola||To be announced|
|Seven Island Shipping Ltd.||To be announced|
|Anand Rathi Financial Services Ltd.||To be announced|
IPOs to Look Forward to in August 2021
Moving on, let’s take a look at the companies gearing to launch their initial public offering in August this year. Please remember that this is a tentative list, and it is subject to modification as further updates come along.
|Company Name||IPO Size (Approx)||Tentative Date|
|Devyani International Ltd||Rs. 1400 crores||4 August 2021|
|Windlas Biotech||Rs. 165 crores||4 August 2021|
|Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.||Rs. 3000 crores||August 2021|
|Utkarsh Small Finance Bank||Rs. 1350 crore||August 2021|
|Fincare Small Finance Bank||Rs 1330 crore||August 2021|
|ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd||Rs. 1000 crore||August 2021|
|Shriram Properties||Rs 800 crore||August 2021|
|Studds Accessories Limited||Rs. 450 crore||August 2021|
Devyani International Ltd
- Devyani International Ltd is going public on 4 August 2021.
- Devyani International Ltd is the biggest franchise of Yum Brands in South Asia, with brands such as KFC, Pizza Hut, and Costa Coffee under their ambit. They also have Vangoo and Food Street in their portfolio.
- They have received a green signal on their DRHP (Draft Red Herring Prospectus) from SEBI for their IPO. The estimated size of their initial public offering is reportedly Rs. 1400 crore, with a fresh issue of Rs. 400 crores and an offer for sale of Rs. 1000 crores.
- Moreover, the core business of Devyani has registered a CAGR of 13.58% between FY2019 – 2021. In FY2021, KFC and Pizza Hut together contributed 92.28% to their operational revenue.
Windlas Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Windlas Biotech is one of the leading developers of Pharmaceutical Formulations Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations (CSMO) in India.
- Windlas Biotech is moving one step close towards Dalal Street with their IPO opening on 4 August 2021.
- The IPO will consist of freshly issued shares worth Rs. 165 crores and nearly 50 lakh offer-for-sale shares.
- According to its DRHP, Windlas is also considering a pre-IPO placement of Rs. 50 crores.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Star Health is India’s leading private insurance provider, with a market share of 15.8%.
- They have filed a DRHP with market regulator SEBI for an IPO of Rs. 3000 crores.
- The IPO will comprise a fresh issue of Rs. 2000 crores, and company promoters will sell nearly 6 crore shares.
- The IPO objectives include expansion of the capital base and maintaining solvency levels.
- The total gross written premium of Star Health in FY2021 was Rs. 9348.95 crores.
Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank received the nod from market regulator SEBI in June to float their IPO. They will be the 6th small finance bank to do so.
- Their tentative IPO size will be Rs. 1350 crores with a fresh issue of Rs. 750 crores, and an OFS of Rs. 600 crores by exiting stakeholders of Utkarsh Coreinvest Ltd.
- The company intends to utilise these funds to increase its tier-I business expansion capital.
Fincare Small Finance Bank
- Another SFB, Fincare Small Finance Bank, is likely to go public this month. It had filed DRHP with SEBI in May.
- The Fincare Small Finance Bank IPO is valued at Rs. 1330 crores with fresh issue equity shares of Rs. 330 crores and an offer for sale of Rs. 1000 crores by the company’s promoters.
- The Bengaluru-based bank has a network of 108 ATMs, 528 banking outlets, and 219 business correspondent outlets, providing services to customers in 16 states and 3 UTs.
ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd
- The Kerala-based ESAF Small Finance Bank planned to go public earlier in 2021 but delayed its plans due to the second wave of Covid-19.
- They had refiled with SEBI to launch their IPO within August as the RBI mandate suggests that banks who cross the Rs. 500 crore-mark must list their share in the local exchange within three years of achieving this feat.
- As reported in its DRHP, this IPO is likely to be worth about Rs. 976 crores, with fresh issuance to the tune of Rs. 800 crores, and the remaining from OFS stocks.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank is yet to disclose the particulars of this initial public offering.
- Shriram Properties, based out of Bengaluru, had submitted its DRHP with SEBI in April for its maiden IPO.
- The IPO size will be Rs. 800 crores, which comprises Rs. 550 crores in OFS and Rs. 250 crores worth of freshly issued shares.
- The face value of this share is expected to be Rs. 10 per share.
- IPO dates have not been finalised yet. However, sources reveal Shriram Properties IPO will be released by August’s end.
- ICICI Securities, Axis Capital, and Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities have been appointed as lead managers for this IPO.
Studds Accessories Limited
- Studds Accessories Limited is a leader in manufacturing two-wheeler helmets in the domestic and global markets. In 2018, the company sold the maximum number of two-wheeler helmets globally.
- The Haryana-based helmet and accessory maker for two-wheelers has been on a strong financial trajectory. According to reports, they have doubled invertor’s wealth in the grey market since March 2020. Irrespective of the economic slowdown, Studds has registered revenue of Rs. 436.94 crores.
- According to sources, the Studds IPO is likely to be of Rs. 98 crores. Promoters of the company may sell approximately 3,939,000 equity shares.
Upcoming IPOs in 2021
With an array of companies gearing up to go public, 2021 is likely to be a busy and exciting year for investors and businesses alike. Here is an overview of the top IPOs of this year –
LIC India Ltd.
- India’s largest insurance provider is gearing up for its initial public offering by the end of this financial year. LIC’s listing is a part of the Union Government’s disinvestment plan of Rs. 1.75 lakh crores.
- LIC IPO is expected to be the biggest in the Indian market, with an expected size of Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 55,000 crores.
- The tentative price band is between Rs. 400 and Rs. 600.
- According to a report, LIC holds about 69% market share in India’s insurance sector. Also, the company operates on a fund base of approximately Rs. 290 crores.
- One97 Communications, Paytm’s parent company, is planning to go public with an estimated IPO of Rs. 16,600 crores. With this IPO, Paytm plans to touch a valuation of $25 billion.
- This IPO will comprise a fresh issue of shares and OFS of Rs. 8300 crores each.
- If the issue size remains unchanged, it will be the biggest one to date in India, preceding Coal India’s Rs. 15,475 crore IPO in 2010.
- In the grey market, the share price of Paytm is around Rs. 2500, putting this company’s valuation at $19 billion.
- India’s largest online insurance marketplace and aggregator is planning to go public by the end of 2021. According to its reports, PolicyBazaar sells about 4 lakh insurance policies yearly.
- They are likely to launch an IPO of Rs. 6500 crores, eyeing a valuation of $4-5 billion. The particulars of the IPO are not available yet.
- The objectives of this IPO include scaling its subsidiary in Dubai along with meeting various corporate purposes.
Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Ltd.
- The cement manufacturing unit of Nirma Group, Nuvoco Vistas, is gearing up for its appearance in the stock market in 2021. They have filed DRHP with the Securities and Exchange Board of India for an initial public offering of Rs. 5000 crores.
- Herein, the company will raise Rs. 1500 crores via fresh issue of shares while Niyogi Enterprises Ltd. will sell shares worth Rs. 3500 crores.
- According to its DRHP, the company will use the proceeds from this IPO to reduce its debts, amounting to nearly Rs. 7000 crores.
- Nuvoco Vistas is the 5th largest cement manufacturer in India.
- PharmEasy is India’s first online medicine retail start-up to reach a valuation of $1 billion.
- It created history in June by becoming India’s first unicorn start-up to acquire a publicly listed company, Thyrocare. The latter is a diagnostic chain operating for nearly 25 years.
- API Holding, PharmEasy’s parent company, is exploring the possibility of an IPO worth Rs. 3000 to Rs. 3700 crores. Accordingly, they are eying a post-IPO valuation of $3 billion.
- According to sources, they are targeting an indirect listing in the US to amplify their valuation.
Aptus Value Housing Finance India Ltd.
- The Chennai-based Aptus Value Housing Finance extends affordable mortgage loans. They are one of the market leaders in that segment.
- The company has applied to SEBI for an IPO with an estimated value of Rs. 3000 crores. It will include a fresh issue of Rs. 500 crores and an OFS comprising about 64 million shares.
- Citigroup Global Markets India, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company, ICICI Securities, and Edelweiss Financial Services are the lead manager for this IPO.
- Also, KFin Technologies has been appointed as the registrar.
- CarTrade is a dedicated online platform to sell and buy used and new cars and acquires information about new and upcoming cars.
- They have filed the DRHP to go public with an aim to fetch approximately Rs. 2000 crores.
- This IPO will primarily include an OFS of 1.2 crore shares by CMDB II, Macritchie Investments, Highdell Investment, Springfield Venture International, and Bina Vinod Sanghi.
- MobiKwik is a leading mobile wallet service provider in India. They offer a peer-to-peer payment facility through UPI, recharge and bill payment services and also facilitate investments in digital gold.
- Per their DRHP with SEBI, MobiKwik is planning to fetch about Rs. 1900 crores via its IPO. This will include Rs. 1500 crores worth of freshly issued shares and an offer for sale of Rs. 400 crores.
- With this IPO, the company is planning to touch a valuation of $1 billion.
Arohan Financial Services
- Arohan Financial Services focuses on extending credit to the economically backward section, which does not have ready access to financial services.
- Arohan FS had filed Draft Red Herring Prospectus with market regulator SEBI to go public with an issue size of reportedly Rs. 1750 to 1800 crores.
- This public offer is likely to contain a fresh issue of Rs. 850 crores and an OFS of 27,055,893 shares.
- According to their DRHP, they plan to reserve almost 50% for QIB (Qualified Institutional Buyers), 15% for non-institutional investors, and 35% for retail investors. Also, 5% of the shares will be available for eligible employees.
- Arohan Financials may also host a pre-IPO placement of Rs. 150 crores, according to the DRHP.
Supriya Lifescience Ltd.
- Mumbai-based Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients maker Supriya Lifescience Ltd. is also planning to enter Dalal Street with an IPO of Rs. 1200 crores.
- This IPO will include a fresh issue of shares valued at Rs. 200 crores and an OFS of Rs. 1000 crores.
- Proceeds from this IPO will be used to address Capex needs and meet company debts.
Seven Islands Shipping Ltd.
- Primarily a crude oil carrier and India’s 3rd seaborne logistic company, Seven Island Shipping Ltd., has received the green light from market regulator SEBI to go ahead with its IPO.
- They plan to raise Rs. 600 crores through this public offering. It will comprise freshly issued shares of Rs. 400 crores and an OFS of Rs. 200 crores.
- Seven Islands Shipping will use such funds to procure new vessels for carrying crude oil.
- Nykaa, India’s leading beauty and wellness product retailer, is planning an IPO by the end of this year.
- Nykaa is planning to amass about $500 to 700 million via this IPO.
- As of November 2020, Nykaa reported a valuation of $1.8 billion. After this IPO, they eye a market worth of $4 – 5 billion.
- According to reports, this is the only profitable unicorn in India.
- Nykaa has about 1.5 million users, receiving approximately 1.7 million orders monthly. The company lists more than 1200 brands, and north of 50 million users visit Nykaa’s website each month.
- Delhivery is India’s largest logistics and supply chain company by revenue. In FY2021, it generated revenue of Rs. 3700 crores, beating its nearest rival BlueDart by more than Rs. 400 crores.
- Delhivery is in the final stages of its DRHP preparation and plans to go public by this year’s end.
- Their IPO is likely to be worth $400 to 500 million, which will propel the company’s valuation to over $4 billion.
Medi Assist Insurance TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Medi Assist Insurance is a tech-based insurance administrator. It assists insurance companies in processing documentation and settling insurance claims.
- The first of a kind, Medi Assist as a health insurance TPA has filed a Draft Red Herring Prospectus with the market regulator, SEBI.
- According to reports, this is likely to be an offer for sale issue with an estimated 2.8 crore shares from current stakeholders and company promoters.
- As of December 2020, the company reported an income of Rs. 257.44 crores and a profit after tax of Rs. 33.09 crores.
Anand Rathi Financial Services Ltd
- Anand Rathi, one of India’s leading non-banking financial service providers, operates across multiple verticals. It includes stocks, portfolio management services, and research advisory. They also extend options to invest in mutual funds and insurance plans.
- Anand Rathi has filed the DRHP with SEBI, but the particulars of this IPO are not available yet.
- Sources reveal that around 1.2 crore shares will be available under this IPO.
Upcoming IPO in August 2021 FAQs
How to apply for an upcoming IPO in August 2021?
Current investors of Angel Broking can log in to their accounts via our website or mobile application to apply. They can utilise a UPI app to block the allotment amount after they link the respective ID to their Angel Broking accounts. Alternatively, individuals can use the ASBA facility available against their savings or current accounts to block the amount for any of the upcoming IPOs.
Where can I get the application forms for August 2021 IPOs?
Forms for IPOs going live in August are available on the website of your broker or BSE/NSE. You can collect a physical form by downloading it from your broker’s website, print it, fill it up duly, and submit it with required documents.
What is the total IPO size in August 2021?
You can compute the total IPO volume for August by multiplying the price of individual shares by the total number of outstanding shares and then add up the value of individual stocks.
How can I apply for an IPO using UPI?
Per the current regulations, retail investors can use UPI for their IPO applications. To complete payments through UPI, they need to link their bank account with UPI handles such as BHIM, Google Pay, and PhonePe. Following this, the bank or the broker will send a system-generated payment mandate for confirmation. After that, individuals can start their trading.
How to check the subscription date for the August 2021 IPOs?
Clients of Angel Broking can visit the website or app to review all the necessary information related to recent and upcoming IPOs, including the subscription date. It also includes IPO timeline, lot size, issue size, company financials, and SWOT analysis on each company going public. Go to our IPO calendar for a quick overview of the expected listings for 2021.