Rallis India Performance
Fundamentals of Rallis India
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||30.02|
|Debt to Equity||0.05|
Financials of Rallis India
|Jun 2021||Sep 2021||Dec 2021||Mar 2022|
|Profit before tax||109.09||76.5||53.07||-16.24|
|EPS in Rs||4.23||2.9||2.03||-0.73|
About Rallis India
History of Rallis India Limited
Incorporated on August 23, 1948, Rallis India Limited provides trusted solutions for agri-inputs worldwide. The company offers extensive crop care solutions, such as crop protection and nutrition formulations. They also manufacture and market agri-input products, including fungicides, pesticides, insecticides, plant growth nutrients and seeds. Rallis India Limited is a subsidiary of Tata Chemical Limited.
After its inception in 1948 as an agri-input company, it diversified into pesticides, fertilisers, engineering and pharmaceuticals. In 1951, the company launched its IPO. In 1960, Tata Fison acquired Rallis India and later merged with the company. Simultaneously, it became a full-fledged agri-input company. In the same period, they established their first manufacturing plant in Mumbai. From 1980 to 2000, the company started strengthening their agrochemicals business, added new manufacturing units, and launched new products. After 2000, they became a subsidiary of Tata Chemicals.
As of March 2023, the company has 5 manufacturing facilities, 3 seed drying, processing and packaging plants and 2 innovation centres. The company has a global presence in 61 countries, including Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific.
Business Segments of Rallis India Limited
The company provides their products and solutions to Indian and international markets as well.
- India Business
- Crop Protection: Under this segment, the company provides various crop protection products developed for different climatic conditions. They provide insecticides, herbicides, fungicides and bio-pesticides.
- Crop Nutrition: Under this segment, the company provides crop nutrition products, such as organic fertilisers and plant growth nutrients.
- Seeds: The company provides several seeds, such as maize, cabbage, cauliflower, watermelon, chilli, tomato, onion, bottle gourd, cucumber, millet, cotton, okra, paddy, etc., under this segment.
- Animal Nutrition: The company also provides products that are helpful for shrimp farming, such as Shrimp Tek, Piscitek and Prenzyme.
- Household Products: Under this category, the company offers easy-to-use chemicals for households. They offer Termex, Sentry 10WP and Ralligel Plus.
- Contract Manufacturing: Under this, the company ties up with the top companies and manufactures commercial-grade crop protection chemicals, polymers, speciality chemicals and intermediates.
- International Business
In the international business segment, the company exports their products, such as crop protection products, crop nutrition, seeds and animal health, to other countries in bulk and retail packages.
As of March 31, 2023, there are no subsidiary companies under Rallis India Limited.
Key Personalities of Rallis India Limited
Sanjiv Lal, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
Sanjiv Lal has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director of Rallis India Limited since April 2019. He holds about 4 decades of professional experience. He joined Tata Chemicals in 2004 and handled the Agri Retail Business. He was the CEO of the India Chemicals Business of Tata Chemicals. Previously, he worked in various roles with Hindustan Unilever Limited for 21 years.
Corporate Actions of Rallis India Limited
In 2010, the company announced a bonus share of 1:2 ratio with an ex-date of June 8, 2010, and a record date of June 9, 2010.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Aristo Bio-Tech & Lifescience Ltd||₹48.68||
|68 - 72.5|
|Crop Life Science Ltd||₹68.47||
|39.25 - 41.25|
|Shivalik Rasayan Ltd||₹1,004.89||
|644.2 - 656.15|
|Sikko Industries Ltd||₹108.36||
|65 - 66.6|
|India Pesticides Ltd||₹4,013.45||
|342.5 - 353.25|
What is the Share price of Rallis India (RALLIS)?
Can I buy Rallis India (RALLIS) shares?
How do I buy Rallis India (RALLIS) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Rallis India (RALLIS) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Rallis India (RALLIS) shares.
What is the total Asset of Rallis India?
The total asset of Rallis India is Rs. 2,858 crores.
What is the main business of Rallis India?
The main business of Rallis India is to provide crop care solutions for agri-inputs, including formulations for crop protection and nutrition. It manufactures and markets pesticides, fungicides, insecticides, seeds, and plant growth nutrients.
Who are the promoters of Rallis India?
The key promoters of Rallis India include Tata Chemicals Ltd. and Ewart Investments Ld.