Divis Laboratories Performance
Fundamentals of Divis Laboratories
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||73.38|
|Debt to Equity||0|
Financials of Divis Laboratories
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||435.63||466||492||469|
|EPS in Rs||11.56||12.09||13.41||13.11|
About Divis Laboratories
Divi’s Research Centre was established in 1990, and its first manufacturing facility was built in 1995 near Hyderabad. The centre had been built with research and development as its primary goal. During 1991-93, the company successfully developed several commercial processes for intermediates and bulk actives. In the year 1994, the company changed its name to Divis Laboratories Ltd to reflect their growing area of operations. In 2003, a new research centre named ‘DRC-Vizag’ was built by the company for research in more niche segments.
In 2003, Divi’s Laboratories was listed on the Indian stock exchanges. In 2006-07, Divi’s developed an SEZ titled ‘Divi’s Pharma SEZ’ near Visakhapatnam. In the following year, the company set up production and utility facilities in the SEZ and EOU units. They commissioned a Nutraceuticals Manufacturing facility at Divi’s Pharma SEZ. In 2023, the company set up a third manufacturing plant (Unit-III) in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
Over the years, the company has passed multiple inspections by the USFDA as well as other major drug inspection agencies of foreign countries.
Divi’s Laboratories manufactures generic and customised active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and intermediates along with Nutraceuticals for a global audience. Their business segments can be categorised as:
- Generic APIs: These include large volumes of standard medicine in tens to thousands of tonnes each year, exported to over 100 countries. Divi’s manufactures 30 APIs commercially, and 10 more APIs are in various stages of R&D/pilot project stage. Divi’s is one of the top 2 API manufacturers globally for 18 out of these 30 molecules.
- Custom Synthesis: These include APIs that have been custom-built based on the requirements of major clients. 12 out of the top 20 companies across the US, EU and Japan have been clients of Divi’s for over 10 years.
- Nutraceutical: The company’s Vishakhapatnam unit produces Carotenoids. It is currently supplying carotenoids to all major food, dietary supplement and feed manufacturers globally. The company also offers customised ingredient solutions in liquids, beadlets and powder forms.
Overall, its product categories include antidepressants, antineoplastic, anti-Parkinson, anti-hypersensitive, analgesic, anticonvulsant/neuropathic pain, anti-inflammatory drugs, etc.
As of March 31, 2023, the company has two overseas subsidiaries, namely M/s. Divis Laboratories (USA) Inc., in the US and M/s. Divi’s Laboratories Europe AG in Switzerland for marketing its Nutra products.
Dr. Murali K. Divi, Founder and Managing Director
Dr. Divi is the Founder and Managing Director of Divi’s Laboratories Ltd. He oversees major technical and financial operations of the company. Before starting Divi’s, Dr. Divi had more than 15 years of experience in the pharma industry and has led various global research and manufacturing teams. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Kakatiya University and is also a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and the American Chemical Society.
Dr. Kiran S. Divi, CEO
Dr. Kiran Divi is the Director on the Board and is the Chief Executive Officer at Divi’s Laboratories Ltd. He has been with Divi’s for the past 20 years. He took charge as the as the CEO in January 2020. He studied Pharmacy at JNTU, India and also holds a Ph.D. degree from the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, Visakhapatnam.
Divi’s Laboratories had announced bonus shares last in 2015, in the ratio of 1:1. Before that, it had issued a 1:1 bonus share as well, in 2009.
Divis Laboratories had split the face value of its shares from ₹10 to ₹2 in 2007.
- The company has steadily increased its total revenue from ₹816 crore in March 2013 to ₹2,370 crore in March 2023.
- The company has a large amount of assets. As of September 2023, its current ratio and quick ratio are 8.46 and 5.73, respectively.
- The company has consistently increased its investment in land, building and plant and machinery.
- It has also built up a massive inventory and trade receivables, which contributes to a large current ratio.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|1195.05 - 1218.95|
|Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd||₹296,437.84||
|1215.1 - 1246.35|
|Dr Reddys Laboratories Ltd||₹96,135.30||
|5370 - 5578|
|Ajanta Pharma Ltd||₹24,260.99||
|1875.85 - 1930.95|
|Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd||₹69,508.23||
|2037.7 - 2080|
What is the Share price of Divis Laboratories (DIVISLAB)?
Can I buy Divis Laboratories (DIVISLAB) shares?
How do I buy Divis Laboratories (DIVISLAB) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Divis Laboratories (DIVISLAB) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Divis Laboratories (DIVISLAB) shares.
What is the total Asset of Divis Lab?
The total asset of Divis Lab is Rs. 13,360 Crores.
What is the main business of Divis Lab?
The business produces top generic chemicals used as nutraceutical components and produces APIs and intermediates on demand for prominent international innovation firms.
Who is the owner of Divis Lab?
The owner of Divis Labs is Divi Murali. He is the Chairman and CEO of Divis Laboratories.
Who are the promoters of Divis Lab?
The promoters are Nilima Motaparti, Satchandra Kiran Divi, Nilima Prasad Divi, Swarna Latha Divi, Divi’S Biotech Private Limited, Murali Krishna Prasad Divi, Madhusudana Rao Divi, Babu Rajendra Prasad Divi, Radhakrishna Rao Divi.