Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Performance
Fundamentals of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||111.71|
|Debt to Equity||0.75|
Financials of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||265.82||253.6||270||379|
|EPS in Rs||10.67||10.05||11.59||16.08|
About Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
History of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited (AHEL)
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited (AHEL) is one of the leading private healthcare providers in Asia. In 1983, the company launched its first hospital and pharmacy in Chennai. The company offers various services, including Primary Care, Ophthalmology, Specialist Consults, Tele-Radiology, Tele-ECG, and E-ICU etc.
By 1991, the company rapidly grew and opened hospitals in Madurai, Visakhapatnam and Delhi. In 1993, they launched a 24/7 ambulance facility. In 2016, they launched Apollo Diagnostics. The company entered various cities and established more than 1 hospital in most metro regions.
As of March 2023, they have 70 hospitals in India located in Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, etc., with 9,957 beds. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited has more than 13,200 doctors, over 15,300 nurses and 7,400+ paramedics. Having the leading retail healthcare network in India, they have 343 primary clinics, 129 dental clinics, 26 birthing centres, 1,750 diagnostic centres, and 111 dialysis centres. The out-patient count of the hospitals is more than 6,610,000.
Apollo Hospitals also succeeded in offering innovative treatments, where they have performed more than 2,400 robotic surgeries in March 2023.
Business Segments of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
The primary business segments of the company include:
- Hospitals: The company has 70 hospitals in India and overseas. They have their hospitals established in tier-1, tier-2 and tier-3 cities as well. They even have an Apollo 24/7 app, which is an online platform that helps a person schedule appointments, place pharma orders, etc.
- Hospital-based Pharmacies: There are more than 5,541 Apollo Pharmacies located at various locations in India. They operate 24/7 and offer home delivery services as well.
- Retail Health: This is an initiative by the Apollo Group to offer certain healthcare services better. It includes Apollo Clinics, Apollo Spectra Hospitals, Apollo Cradle, Apollo Diagnostics, Apollo Dialysis and Apollo White Dental.
- Projects and Consultancy Services: The consultation, implementation and operations management arm of Apollo Hospitals comes under Apollo’s Global Projects & Consultancy Services.
As of March 31, 2023, there are several subsidiary companies under Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, which include:
- Samudra Health Care Enterprises Limited (SHEL): This wholly-owned subsidiary operates a multispeciality hospital in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Apollo Health and Lifestyle Limited (AHLL): This company offers primary healthcare services through a network of owned/franchised clinics in India.
- Total Health (TH): This company carries out CSR activities in rural and community development.
Key Personalities of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
Dr Prathap C. Reddy, Founder and Chairman
Dr Prathap C Reddy is the visionary Founder and Chairman of Apollo Hospitals and is widely acknowledged as the architect of modern Indian healthcare. He has also been the Chairman of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s National Health Council and advisor to its committees on Healthcare, Public Health, Health Insurance and Pharma.
Ms Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director
Suneeta Reddy, the Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals, started working with the group in 1989. Under her leadership, she emerged Apollo Hospitals as an integrated healthcare provider with a strong presence throughout the healthcare spectrum.
Corporate Actions of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
There are no records of bonus shares or stock splits from Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited.
SWOT Analysis of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
- Has a strong brand recognition.
- Dominating reach in India.
- A shortage of skilled medical professionals can adversely impact.
- The healthcare industry is heavily regulated.
- A rapid rise in the digitisation of healthcare services.
- Adapt to the changing consumer behaviour.
- Competition from local players is huge.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Narayana Hrudayalaya Ltd||₹25,596.19||
|1220 - 1259|
|Max Healthcare Institute Ltd||₹59,524.34||
|610 - 665.7|
|Fortis Healthcare Ltd||₹28,469.47||
|375.35 - 388.2|
|Global Health Ltd||₹24,698.00||
|921.6 - 975.25|
|Aster DM Healthcare Ltd||₹19,788.21||
|375.6 - 397|
What is the Share price of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APOLLOHOSP)?
Can I buy Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APOLLOHOSP) shares?
How do I buy Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APOLLOHOSP) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APOLLOHOSP) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APOLLOHOSP) shares.
What is the total Asset of Apollo Hospital?
The total asset of Apollo Hospital is Rs. 13,184 Crores.
What is the main business of Apollo Hospital?
Apollo Hospitals has established itself as Asia’s top provider of integrated healthcare services, with a strong presence in all areas of the healthcare ecosystem, including hospitals, pharmacies, primary care centres, and diagnostic clinics.
Who are the promoters of Apollo Hospital?
The promoters are Apollo Hospital are M/s. PCR Investments Ltd, Ms. Suneeta Reddy, Ms. Sangita Reddy, Ms. Shobana Kamineni, Ms. Preetha Reddy, Mr. K Vishweshwar Reddy, Ms. Sindoori Reddy, Mr. Karthik Anand, Mr. Harshad Reddy, Ms. Anuspala Kamineni, Dr. Prathap C Reddy, Mr. Konda Anindith Reddy, Ms. Upasana Kamineni, Mr. Konda Vishwajit Reddy, Mr. Puansh Kamineni, Ms. Sucharitha P Reddy, Mr. Konda Viraj Madhav Reddy, M/s. Indian Hospitals Corporation Ltd, Mr. Aditya Reddy, Mr. Vijay Kumar Reddy, Mr. Dwaraknath Reddy, M/s. Obul Reddy Investments Pvt Ltd
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Apollo Hospital?
The subsidiaries that comes under Apollo Hospital are Apollo HealthCo, Apollo Health and Lifestyle, Apollo TeleHealth Services, and Apollo Research and education divisions.