Aditya Birla Capital Performance
Fundamentals of Aditya Birla Capital
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||8.41|
|Debt to Equity||4.01|
Financials of Aditya Birla Capital
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||3,499||832.15||911.52||1,008.93|
|EPS in Rs||13.53||2.52||2.68||2.71|
About Aditya Birla Capital
Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL) was incorporated on October 15, 2007. The company is a majority-owned subsidiary of Grasim Industries Ltd. In the period between 2007 and 2019, the company has expanded from 5 business lines to a well-diversified portfolio of 13 business lines. Today, they are one of the top 5 private diversified NBFCs in India.
The company was listed on BSE and NSE in August 2017 after being demerged from Grasim Industries. The company entered the affordable housing segment in June 2017. In the quarter ending in March 2018, Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited (ABSLAMC) became India’s third-largest mutual fund with a quarterly AUM of ₹2,67,739 crore.
In FY 2023, the company expanded its pan-India network of empanelled distributors to over 72,000 Mutual Funds Distributors compliant with ‘Know Your Distributor’ guidelines, 270+ National Distributors and 80+ banks and financial intermediaries. During 2023, the company raised around ₹734 crore for the India Equity Services Fund (CAT III AIF) and received SEBI clearance for three funds as well.
As of June 30, 2023, ABCL manages an aggregate AUM of about ₹3.9 lakh crore and possesses a consolidated lending book of over ₹1 lakh crore, including its subsidiaries and joint ventures.
Aditya Birla’s services fall under the following categories under its personal financial services:
- Protecting – This includes life insurance, health insurance, motor insurance, travel insurance, etc.
- Investing – This includes Mutual Funds, Stocks, Pension Funds, Real Estate, Portfolio Management, Tax Filing platforms, etc.
- Financing – This involves providing Home Finance, Personal Finance, SME Finance, Mortgage Finance, Loans against securities, etc.
- Advising – This is about providing financial education and advisory services.
The company has the following services under business and corporate services:
- Instant Business Loan, Secured Loan and Personal Loan.
- Business Insurance, including Group Health Insurance, Group General Insurance, and Group Life Insurance.
- Business and Banking Solutions.
- Business Networking and Digital E-Commerce.
Aditya Birla Capital has 22 subsidiaries as of March 31, 2022. Of these, some of the important ones include:
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd – It looks after its mutual funds business.
- Aditya Birla Insurance Co. Ltd – It helps build its insurance business and is the largest of the subsidiaries by revenues.
- Aditya Birla Finance Ltd – It is a major Indian NBFC that offers services in retail financing.
Vishakha Mulye, CEO
She joined the organisation in 2022 and has worked to build accelerated growth momentum across its various businesses, while maintaining profitability and returns on capital. Under her leadership, the company launched its strategic roadmap of the ‘One ABC One P&L’ approach, based on the fundamental pillars of One Customer, One Experience and One Team.
This was done to maximise its share of opportunities in the financial services space and deliver long-term, sustainable value for stakeholders. She is a career banker with over 3 decades of experience driving large-scale, long-term, profitable businesses. Before ABCL, she held significant leadership roles and led several strategic initiatives as a part of the ICICI Group.
Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman and Non-executive Director
Mr. Birla is the Chairman of the $ 41 billion multinational Aditya Birla Group, operating in 36 countries across 6 continents. The Aditya Birla Group has been ably led by generations of the Birla family since before Indian independence. Mr. Birla chairs the boards of all the Aditya Birla Group’s major companies in India and globally.
The company has not performed any rights issue, bonus issue, stock split or buyback in recent years.
- Since the year ending in March 2020, the company has nearly doubled its sales revenue from ₹16,696 crore to ₹30,163 crore.
- Its operating profit margin has, however, fallen from 685 in FY 2016 to 34% in FY 2023.
- However, its net profit has nearly tripled since FY 2023 to ₹4,824 crore.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Sundaram Finance Ltd||₹37,459.59||
|3318.25 - 3433.4|
|LIC Housing Finance Ltd||₹26,348.02||
|477.7 - 494|
|L&T Finance Holdings Ltd||₹36,029.34||
|144.85 - 149.1|
|Max Financial Services Ltd||₹35,003.27||
|1007 - 1025.25|
|Muthoot Finance Ltd||₹56,804.31||
|1408.35 - 1506.5|
What is the Share price of Aditya Birla Capital (ABCAPITAL)?
Can I buy Aditya Birla Capital (ABCAPITAL) shares?
How do I buy Aditya Birla Capital (ABCAPITAL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Aditya Birla Capital (ABCAPITAL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Aditya Birla Capital (ABCAPITAL) shares.
Is Aditya Birla Capital a Debt free Company?
Yes, Aditya Birla Capital is a debt free company.
What is the main business of Aditya Birla Capital?
The main business of Aditya Birla Capital is to provide universal financial solutions by catering to the needs of diverse individuals spread across different life stages. It serves as the holding company for the financial services segment in the Aditya Birla Group.
Who are the promoters of Aditya Birla Capital?
Some of the promoters of Aditya Birla Capital are Grasim Industries Limited, Birla Group Holdings Private Limited, Igh Holdings Private Limited, Hindalco Industries Limited, Umang Commercial Company Private Limited, Pilani Investment and Industries, P.T. Indo Bharat Rayon, and Surya Kiran Investments Pte Limited.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Aditya Birla Capital?
Some of the subsidiaries that come under Aditya Birla Capital are Aditya Birla Finance Limited, Aditya Birla Housing Finance Limited, Aditya Birla Money Limited, Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers Limited, Aditya Birla Money Mart Limited, and Aditya Birla Money Insurance Advisory Services Limited.