Firstly, the stock market is rallying thanks to the successful COVID-19 vaccination program. On the back of this happy news, multiple technology unicorns have taken to listing since January 2021.
2021 has witnessed several companies going to Dalal Street to raise funds for the first time. Some of these companies are Nykaa, Zomato, Paytm, etc. This slew of companies looking to be listed on the stock exchange is primarily thinking of raising capital to widen their operations or pay off debts.
This third week of November will see those companies that raised a cumulative $3.3 billion on their IPO open on the share market. This amount is an enormous sum to be raised in a week in 11 years!
So, without further ado, let’s look at some of the IPOs debuting on the stock exchange that will make the third week of November memorable in Indian investor history.
Key Highlights of the Story
- According to data from Bloomberg, the stock market raised new share sales at $12 billion, which is a record for this year 2021.
- First off, to kickstart the action-packed third week of November is PB Fintech LTD. They are the operator of Policy Bazaar and raised $761 million in their IPO.
- Debuting on Tuesday 16 November 2021 on the bourse are SJS Enterprises Ltd. and Sigachi Industries. SJS Enterprises Ltd. raised around $107 million, while Sigachi Industries raised approximately $17 million in its IPO.
- Paytm, the one every Indian investor is probably waiting for will begin on Thursday.
So far, in 2021, 49 firms have floated their IPOs. They have raised Rs. 1.01 lakh crores cumulatively. We saw such fundraising last in 2017 when firms raised Rs. 64,147 crores through 36 initial shares.
8 firms have completed their IPO so far. They are:
- Fino Payments Bank
- FSN E-Commerce Ventures, parent of Nykaa
- Latent View Analytics
- One 97 Communications, owner of Paytm
- PolicyBazaar’s parent entity PB Fintech
- Sapphire Foods India
- Sigachi Industries
- SJS Enterprises
These companies are now listed on the bourse, and investors are excited to see how the stocks will perform.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the listing date of Sigachi Industries, SJS Enterprises and PolicyBazaar?
Ans. The listing date on the bourses for all the above three IPOs is 15 November 2021.
- What are some new IPOs debuting in the 3rdweek of November?
Ans. Tarsons Products, a life sciences firm, opened its IPO on 15 November 2021 and will conclude on 17 November 2021.
Moreover, Go Fashion will open on 17 November 2021. They will be listed on the bourse later.
- When did the IPO of these companiestake place?
Ans. The IPO of these companies took place between 1 November 2021 and 3 November 2021.