Link your PAN to your LIC Policy – for reserve IPO quota
[Updated on 17-Feb-22]: More Good News for existing policyholders! You may be able to apply for your IPO at a special discount.
"Are you looking forward to the IPO of LIC - India’s largest insurance company?"
"Do you have an existing LIC policy?"
If your answer to both of these questions is YES – then here’s some good news for you.
As an existing policyholder, you can be eligible for IPO allocation under a reserve category – all you need to do is ensure that your PAN is linked to your LIC policy. Also note that your policy must be purchased before 13-Feb-22 and your PAN should be linked to it by 28-Feb-22.
Not sure if your policy is linked to your PAN? Here’s how to check PAN-LIC link status:
- Step 1: Click here to go to the Status page
- Step 2: Enter policy number, date of birth, and PAN number & Captcha
- Step 3: Click Submit to find your PAN-LIC link status
If your PAN is already linked to your policy – Congratulations! – All you need to do now is wait for the LIC IPO to open so that you can apply under the reserved quota.
If your PAN is not linked to your policy, follow these quick steps to get it done immediately:
- Step 1: Click here to go to the ‘Online PAN Registration’ page
- Step 2: Enter details asked (Keep your PAN & Policy available for ready access while filling these details)
- Step 3: Click GET OTP
- Step 4: Once received, enter the OTP and click submit
One key point to remember: The name of the LIC policyholder and the applicant of the LIC IPO should be the same.
Don’t own any LIC policies? While LIC is making a reservation for its policyholders, you can still apply for the IPO when it opens like you would do for any other IPO.