In the current trading sessions, both the Sensex and Nifty are witnessing declines, with the Sensex down by 0.65% and the Nifty down by 0.67%. Additionally, the Nifty Midcap is experiencing a significant drop of 1.79%, while the Nifty Smallcap is down by 1.53%.
None of the major sectors are showing positive performance at the moment, with Nifty PSU Bank, Nifty Realty, and Nifty Media leading the decliners
However, within the Nifty 50 index, some individual stocks are shining bright. Adani Enterprises, Nestle India, and Eicher Motors are among the top performers, showing gains. Conversely, Axis Bank, NTPC, and Indusind Bank are among the leading losers in terms of stock performance.
Here are some notable volume movers for the day:
- Softtech Engineers: SoftTech Engineers Ltd, an information technology and software services organization in the Architectural-Engineering-Construction (AEC) space, has witnessed a substantial surge in trading volume, increasing by more than 21.11 times. The stock got locked at a 20% upper circuit, trading at a new 52-week high of Rs 218.40 apiece on BSE.
- Suzlon Energy: Suzlon Energy Ltd, a manufacturer of wind turbine generators and related components, has experienced a significant spike in trading volume, surging by more than 2.46 times. The stock is up by 4%, trading at a new 52-week high level of Rs 28.39 per share on the BSE.
- Tarini International: Tarini International Ltd, engaged in turnkey contracting and consultancy in power generation, transmission, distribution, and other EPC contracts, has seen a substantial increase in trading volume, rising by more than 9.35 times. The stock got locked at a 20% upper circuit, trading at Rs 9.79 per share on the BSE.
- Lime Chemicals: Lime Chemicals Ltd, a manufacturer of calcium carbonate, has witnessed a significant surge in trading volume, increasing by more than 15.53 times. The stock is trading at a 20% upper circuit level of Rs 27.99 per share on the BSE.
- Piccadily Agro Industries: Piccadily Agro Industries, a producer of sugar and distillery products along with its associate companies, has experienced a substantial increase in trading volume, rising by more than 7.67 times. The stock is currently trading at a 20% upper circuit level of Rs 165.45 per share on the BSE.
Disclaimer: This blog has been written exclusively for educational purposes. The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations. It is based on several secondary sources on the internet, and is subject to changes. Please consult an expert before making related decisions.