This Patanjali acquired company has received SEBI’s nod for its follow-on public offering worth Rs. 4,300 crores. The Ruchi Soya FPO is yet to finalise the offer price. Patanjali had acquired this company for Rs. 4,350 crores in 2019. To know more about this FPO, check out the details below.
Key Highlights of the FPO
- The FPO size is approximately Rs. 4,300 crores at face value of Rs. 2 and will be listed on bothNSE and BSE.
- Investment for the retail portion is 35%; for qualified institutional buyers, it is 50%, and for non-institutional investors, it is 15%.
- The FPO may list in September 2021.
- The FPO aims to raise funds for general corporate purposes, working capital requirements, and repayment or prepayment of borrowings.
- The company promoters are:
- Yogakshem Sansthan
- Snehlata Bharat
- Ruchi Soya Industries Limited Beneficiary Trust
- Ram Bharat
- Patanjali Parivahan Private Limited
- Patanjali Gramodhyog Nyas
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited
- Divya Yog Mandir Trust
- Acharya Balkrishna, among others.
About Ruchi Soya
Ruchi Soya is an integral part of the edible oil business. It started in 1986 and became a significant player in the edible oil business. Some of the products of this company include:
- Breakfast Cereal
Further, some of the oil products are:
- Bakery Fats
- Mahakosh Oil
- Nutrela New Products
- Nutrela Oil
- Nutrela Soya Foods
- Ruchi Gold Oil
- Ruchi Star Soyabean Oil
- Sunrich Oil
As of June 2021, Ruchi Soya owns 22 manufacturing units and a total refining capacity of 11,000 tonnes a day. Presently, only 16 units are running. Moreover, this company has a vast network distribution with 457,788 retail outlets and 100 sales depots.
Ruchi Soya is among the largest exporters in India. It is also a leading company in the oil palm plantation. Moreover, it has an experienced team and leadership.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a follow-on public offering?
Ans. A follow-on public offering is the issuance of shares by a company already listed on the stock exchange. It is the issuance of additional shares after the initial public offering.
- What is the 2021 Revenue for Ruchi Soya?
Ans. The revenue for 2021 is Rs. 11,523.
- Where does Ruchi Soya export its products?
Ans. Ruchi Soya exports its products to Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Europe, and the Middle East.