Tata Chemicals Performance
Fundamentals of Tata Chemicals
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||12.16|
|Debt to Equity||0.28|
Financials of Tata Chemicals
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||534||686||749||627|
|EPS in Rs||15.35||27.83||20.88||13.34|
About Tata Chemicals
History of Tata Chemicals Limited
Incorporated on January 23, 1939, Tata Chemicals Limited is a Tata Group company that works on science-led sustainable chemistry solutions. The company’s product range comprises essential ingredients supplied to numerous top global brands in industries such as glass manufacturing, detergents, pharmaceuticals, food production, animal feed, and more. It holds a prominent global position in the production of soda ash and sodium bicarbonate, with manufacturing plants located in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Kenya.
Tata Chemicals has been recognised with several awards, such as the Mambattu Facility of Tata Chemicals, which was recognised for Leading Water and Energy Efficiency with the EXCEED Green Future Award. The company also won the International Quality Innovation Awards.
The business segments of Tata Chemicals include:
- Basic Chemistry Products: This segment includes products like soda ash, soda bicarbonate, cement, salt, marine chemicals, and crushed refined soda.
- Speciality Products: The company’s speciality products are offered to various sectors like Agro-Sciences, Nutritional Sciences, and Material Sciences.
Tata Chemicals’ subsidiaries companies are,
- Tata Chemicals North America – Previously known as General Chemical Industrial Products, Tata Chemicals North America is one of the leading soda ash producers in the world.
- Tata Chemicals Magadi – Established as Magadi Soda Company, Tata Chemicals Magadi manufactures soda ash in Africa.
- Tata Chemicals Europe – They are one of the prominent producers of sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate and salt in Europe.
- British Salt – They became part of the Tata Chemicals in 2011. The company manufactures pure dried vacuum salt products.
- Rallis India – This agrochemical company manufactures seeds, plant growth nutrients, crop protection products, etc.
- Indo Maroc Phosphore – This company manufactures phosphoric acid. Since 2005 Tata Chemicals has been an investor in the company.
Key Personnel of Tata Chemicals Limited
R Mukundan, Managing Director and CEO
R Mukundan has been a part of Tata Group for more than 25 years. He was a part of various sectors like hospitality, chemicals, and automotive of the group. He is also part of various industry forums, including the Confederation of Indian Industry, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Employers’ Federation of India, All India Management Association, etc. He completed his B.Tech from IIT Roorkee and holds an MBA degree from FMS, Delhi University. He graduated from Harvard Business School as well.
There are no records of bonus shares or stock splits announced by the company.
- The company enjoys about 25% market share in key products like iodised salt.
- They have deep expertise in science-led innovations and have patented products in India and Africa.
- The company exports to regions like Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
- Being under the Tata Group, the company is popular.
- The company’s operations are limited to Africa and India.
- The company can tap into high-growth opportunities available in the chemical sector in India.
- The company can tap into the opportunities in the Agri Value Chain.
- The company can focus on strengthening fermentation products.
- They can develop safer formulations based on vegetable oils.
- The company is subject to sustainability risks. There are climate-related risks involved, like an increase in carbon emission, not maintaining a circular economy with respect to water, solid waste and renewables, and not preserving nature and biodiversity.
- The chemical sector is regulated by the Indian Government, which focuses on the policy changes that can impact the company adversely.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Solar Industries India Ltd||₹53,722.59||
|5999.45 - 6400|
|Linde India Ltd||₹50,301.13||
|5862.6 - 5943.75|
|Deepak Nitrite Ltd||₹30,470.21||
|2236.2 - 2325.95|
|Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd||₹31,725.23||
|2820 - 2939.8|
|Pidilite Industries Ltd||₹130,689.37||
|2570 - 2616.2|
What is the Share price of Tata Chemicals (TATACHEM)?
Can I buy Tata Chemicals (TATACHEM) shares?
How do I buy Tata Chemicals (TATACHEM) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Tata Chemicals (TATACHEM) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Tata Chemicals (TATACHEM) shares.
What is the total Asset of Tata Chemical?
The total asset of Tata Chemical is Rs. 33,843 crores.
What is the main business of Tata Chemical?
The main business of Tata Chemicals is focused on providing chemistry solutions under two verticals: basic chemistry and specialty chemistry. It also owns the largest saltworks in Asia and is ranked 3rd and 6th largest soda ash manufacturer and sodium bicarbonate manufacturer respectively in the world.
Who are the promoters of Tata Chemical?
Some of the key promoters of Tata Chemical include Tata Sons Private Limited, Tata Investment Corporation Limited, Ewart Investments Limited, Voltas Limited, Simto Investment Company Limited, Tata Industries Limited, Tata Coffee Limited, and Sir Dorabji Tata Trust (RN Tata, V Srinivasan, V Singh, and Pramit Jhaveri).
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Tata Chemical?
Some of the major subsidiaries that come under Tata Chemical are Rallis India Limited, Ncourage Social Enterprises, Homefield Pvt. UK Limited, TC Africa Holdings Limited, TCE Group Limited, Magadi Railway Company Limited, Natrium Holdings Limited, Cheshire Salt Holdings Limited, and Tata Chemicals Europe Limited.