Fundamentals of SRF
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||41.76|
|Debt to Equity||0.46|
Financials of SRF
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||630.93||733.39||485.77||414.81|
|EPS in Rs||17.24||18.97||12.12||10.15|
History of SRF Limited
Incorporated in 1970, SRF Limited is a chemical-based multi-business company that manufactures industrial and speciality intermediates.
In 1970, SRF Limited was established as Shri Ram Fibres and was involved in the manufacturing of nylon tyre cord fabrics. Later, in 1974, they started the production of Fishnet Twines. In 1979, the company ventured into the Engineering Plastics business and manufactured over 500 grades of engineering plastics in five different categories of polymer range. In 1989, the company entered into the chemical business and started manufacturing refrigerants in their manufacturing facility in Rajasthan. In 1990, the company’s name was changed to SRF Limited.
Since its inception, the company has been slowly expanding their business into various verticals, such as belting fabrics, coated fabrics, finance, packaging films, vision care, etc. In 1996, the company started overseas operations in Dubai through SRF Overseas Limited, which was closed in 2013. The company launched its IPO in August 2003 and is currently listed on BSE and NSE.
The company serves various industries, including automotive, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, renewable energy, mining, FMCG, electronics, advertising, etc. They have a presence in India, South Africa, Thailand and Hungary.
Business Segments of SRF Limited
The business verticals of the company include:
- Fluorochemicals: Under this segment, the company is into the sale of refrigerants, industrial chemicals and pharma propellants. SRF Limited is the only Indian manufacturing company that provides ozone-friendly refrigerants.
- Speciality Chemicals: In this segment, the company develops and produces advanced intermediates for Pharmaceutical and Agrochemical applications.
- Packaging Films: Under this, the company provides packaging solutions that prevent dry snacks from getting contaminated and soggy.
- Technical Textiles: Under this business segment, the company provides polyester and nylon yarns and fabrics for various non-consumer applications.
- Coated Fabrics: In this segment, the company provides a wide range of PVC synthetic coated fabrics used in lifestyle, architecture, sports, defence, advertising, mines, food & agriculture, transportation and automobile.
- Laminated Fabrics: The laminated fabrics manufactured by the company are used in billboards, hoardings, etc.
As of March 31, 2023, there are several subsidiary companies under SRF Limited, including:
- SRF Holiday Home Limited: This is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company that develops and leases commercial, industrial, and residential complexes.
- SRF Altech Limited: This wholly-owned subsidiary of SRF Limited manufactures aluminium films.
- SRF Global BV: This wholly-owned subsidiary of SRF Limited is an investment company in the Netherlands.
Key Personalities of SRF Limited
Ashish Bharat Ram, Chairman and Managing Director
Ashish Bharat Ram is the Chairman and Managing Director of SRF Limited. He joined SRF Limited in 1994, and under his supervision, the company expanded into a major conglomerate globally, with operations across various regions. Previously, he worked at DCM Toyota Ltd, SRF Finance Ltd, and SRF Overseas Ltd, where he handled various divisions like strategy, sales, marketing, etc. Ashish Bharat Ram was recognised as India’s Best CEO in the mid-sized companies category of the Business Today-PwC India’s Best CEOs.
Corporate Actions of SRF Limited
The company announced a bonus share of 4:1 ratio with a record date of October 14, 2021.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Pidilite Industries Ltd||₹131,691.32||
|2545 - 2607|
|Solar Industries India Ltd||₹56,930.01||
|6251 - 6346|
|Linde India Ltd||₹50,217.55||
|5845 - 5960|
|Tata Chemicals Ltd||₹25,944.76||
|990 - 1027.25|
|Deepak Nitrite Ltd||₹30,806.41||
|2182.1 - 2275.95|
What is the Share price of SRF (SRF)?
Can I buy SRF (SRF) shares?
How do I buy SRF (SRF) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy SRF (SRF) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to SRF (SRF) shares.
What is the total Asset of SRF?
The total asset of SRF is Rs. 15,765 crores.
What is the main business of SRF?
The main business of SRF is to manufacture industrial and specialty intermediates. SRF is a chemicals-based multi-business entity whose portfolio includes specialty chemicals, fluorochemicals, technical textiles, coated and laminated fabrics, and packaging films
Who are the promoters of SRF?
The two major promoters of SRF are Kama Holdings Limited and Arun Bharat Ram.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under SRF?
The domestic wholly-owned subsidiaries that come under SRF are SRF Holiday Home Ltd. And SRF Altech Limited. SRF also has foreign-owned subsidiaries including SRF Global BV, The Netherlands, SRF Industries (Thailand) Ltd, SRF Flexipak (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd, SRF Industex Belting (Pty) Ltd, and SRF Europe Kft, Hungary.