Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals Performance
Fundamentals of Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||5.81|
|Debt to Equity||1.19|
Financials of Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||-295.48||2,955.4||1,560.86||1,597.92|
|EPS in Rs||-1.12||10.92||5.79||6|
About Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals
Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) is involved in the petrochemical business, refining crude oil, trading of aviation fuels and distribution of petroleum products. MRPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Company Ltd (ONGC).
It is a Category 1 Miniratna Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas. The company was set up as a joint venture (JV) between the AV Birla Group and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in 1988. The company was listed on the stock exchange in 1992 after an Initial Public Offering (IPO).
It continued its growth prospects by entering First World markets with petro-products like Motor Spirit in 2000. ONGC acquired a 37.38% equity stake in the company and further infused equity capital of ₹600 crores, thus making MRPL a majority-held subsidiary of ONGC in 2003.
In 2008, MRPL entered into an agreement to form a Joint Venture with Shell for domestic marketing of Aviation Fuel. The company invested ₹11,000 cr to hit 25 mt refining capacity in 2016.
MRPL won the PRCI Zonal Award for Best PSU implementing CSR for Social Cause in 2022. In 2023, the company won the prestigious Platinum award from the Grow Care India Sustainability Award 2022.
As of March 2023, the company’s Polypropylene (PP) Production has once again achieved the 440 KTPA Nameplate capacity with annual PP Sales of 434 KTPA. The company has continuously expanded its polymer footprints in the country by targeting Northern and Eastern locations to garner more volumes. It appointed 5 additional DCA cum CS to sustain and increase MRP L’s Market share in the core areas.
During 2023, the company’s joint venture Shell MRPL Aviation Fuel and Services Limited has steadily acquired business for the sale of Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) at Indian airports. The company achieved a turnover of ₹1,633.39 cr against ₹673.19 cr in FY 2022.
Petroleum Products: As of March 31, 2023, the company has reported Petroleum Products as the only business segment. The company deals in the sale of products such as Bitumen, Diesel, Sulphur, Petcoke, ATF (thru’ JV), Polypropylene, Xylol (Xylenes) etc.
- The company believes that crude oil will continue to serve the country’s base load in the next decade.
- In addition, a burgeoning middle class and increasing urban consumption create a high demand for petrochemicals. The present petrochemical consumption of India is about one-third of the global average.
- The company is optimistic about its domain expertise for molecule management and valorization. In addition, it is focused on the acquisition of land for the next phase of growth while water requirement is being secured through desalination. Moreover, the company is exploring modern technologies for integration with its existing assets.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Gandhar Oil Refinery (India) Ltd||₹2,652.27||
|270 - 276.7|
|Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd||₹9,980.79||
|670.4 - 697.85|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||₹1,664,831.38||
|2442 - 2460.95|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd||₹102,562.27||
|471.5 - 479|
|Indian Oil Corporation Ltd||₹168,466.37||
|119.55 - 122.5|
What is the Share price of Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals (MRPL)?
Can I buy Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals (MRPL) shares?
How do I buy Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals (MRPL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals (MRPL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals (MRPL) shares.
Is MRPL a Debt free Company?
No, MRPL is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of MRPL?
The main business of MRPL is to refine crude oil and produce a range of petroleum products, such as Naphtha, motor spirit, LPG, high-speed diesel, ATF, sulphur, kerosene, xylene, pet coke, bitumen, and polypropylene. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of ONGC.
Who are the promoters of MRPL?
The two main promoters of MRPL are Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL).