Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Performance
Fundamentals of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||3.26|
|Debt to Equity||1.29|
Financials of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||421.62||4,712.87||8,946.55||7,443|
|EPS in Rs||3.14||25.43||47.69||41.08|
About Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
HPCL is the subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), which is primarily involved in the refining of crude oil and marketing of petroleum products. The company is also engaged in the production of hydrocarbons and providing services for the management of E&P Blocks. The company was formed after the amalgamation of erstwhile foreign oil companies ESSO and Caltex in 1974.
ESSO was formerly known as Standard Vacuum Refining Company of India Limited (Stanvac), which was incorporated in 1952, and Caltex was incorporated in 1955. The company pushed the growth accelerator and strengthened the capacity of the Mumbai refinery to 5.5 MMTPA in 1985. In 1992, the company went public and was listed on BSE. As a result, it became the first PSE listed on the stock exchange. HPCL commissioned the Visakh Vijayawada pipeline, and the company was listed on NSE in 1998.
In 2007, it commissioned 60 TMT LPG Cavern at Visakhapatnam by SALPG (JV). The company continued business growth through the commissioning of 9 MMTPA HMEL refinery at Bhatinda in 2012. In 2018, ONGC acquired a stake of 51.11% in HPCL and became a holding company. In 2019, the company earned Maharatna status by the Government of India.
- Refinery: The company operates two refineries in Visakhapatnam and Mumbai. The Visakhapatnam refinery has a capacity of 8.3 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA), while the Mumbai refinery’s capacity is 9.5 MMTPA. HPCL also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India in Mumbai, which produces lube oil base stocks.
- Retail: Under this segment, the company owns and operates pumps, whereby it sells petrol, diesel, CNG, lubes, etc.
- LPG: The company is engaged in the sale of LPG through ‘HP Gas’, the LPG brand of HPCL. This brand serves over 9.3 crore consumers as of March 2023.
- Lubricants: Under this, it sells lubricants to its customers. The company believes that the Indian lubricant market is one of the fastest-growing markets in the world and the third largest in terms of
- Direct Sales (Industrial & Consumer sales): The company’s Industrial and Consumer (I&C) business line handles the institutional sales of fuels, bitumen, naphtha, solvents, petrochemicals and other bulk products.
- Aviation: Under this segment, the company supplies Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) to airline customers through its wider network of Aviation Service Facilities (ASFs) covering all the major airports in India.
- Natural Gas: The company is involved in the sale of natural gas business. It is engaged in the import, regasification, transportation, City Gas Distribution (CGD) networks and marketing value chains.
As of March 31, 2023, the company had 4 subscribers, and a few of them are listed below:
- Prize Petroleum Company Limited: It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HPCL, which is engaged in the exploration and production of hydrocarbons and providing services for the management of E&P Blocks.
- HPCL Biofuels Ltd. (HBL): This is a wholly owned subsidiary involved in manufacturing ethanol for blending in Petrol.
In 2016 and 2017, the company announced bonus issue of shares in the ratio of 2:1 and 1:2, respectively. The record date for the bonus issues were September 14, 2016, and July 11, 2017, respectively.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||₹1,662,734.02||
|2445 - 2476.7|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd||₹102,865.97||
|465.8 - 477.45|
|Indian Oil Corporation Ltd||₹171,361.23||
|117.35 - 122.45|
|Gandhar Oil Refinery (India) Ltd||₹2,659.61||
|270.9 - 278.3|
|Mangalore Refinery And Petrochemicals Ltd||₹22,775.04||
|124.5 - 131.7|
What is the Share price of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HINDPETRO)?
Can I buy Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HINDPETRO) shares?
How do I buy Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HINDPETRO) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HINDPETRO) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Hindustan Petroleum Corporation (HINDPETRO) shares.
Is Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) a Debt free Company?
No, Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL)?
The main business of Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) is to refine crude oil and market petroleum products across 20,361 retail outlets. It also operates 7 exploration and production (E&P) oil blocks across the country.
Who are the promoters of Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL)?
The primary promoter of Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) is Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) with a 54.90% shareholding as on 30th September 2022.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL)?
The main subsidiaries that come under Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) are Prize Petroleum Company Ltd. (PPCL), HPCL Biofuels Ltd. (HBL), HPCL Middle East FZCO (HMEF), HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd., Prize Petroleum International Pte Limited, and HPCL LNG Ltd.