Kaveri Seed Company Performance
Fundamentals of Kaveri Seed Company
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||11.22|
|Debt to Equity||0|
Financials of Kaveri Seed Company
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||39.88||-14.25||283.81||18.73|
|EPS in Rs||7.42||2.25||49.1||2.65|
About Kaveri Seed Company
Kaveri Seed Company Limited was started as a seed production unit in 1976. The company was incorporated in 1986. It launched its first hybrid maize in 1997. The company enhanced its business growth with the launch of a seed conditioning plant at Kandlakoi, Telangana, in the year 2000.
The company came out with the IPO in 2007 and was listed on BSE and NSE in 2007. In 2014, the company achieved the significant benchmark of turnover of over ₹1,100 cr. The company was listed among the Forbes ‘Best Under a Billion’ in Asia Pacific in 2015.
As of March 31, 2023, the company has 18 processing lines, a processing capacity of 143 tonnes per hour (TPH) and cold storage capacity of 31,000 MT.
- Seeds: Under this segment, the company deals in the production and sale of seeds. It has developed 125 plus high-quality hybrids and varieties across field and vegetable crops. During FY 2023, the segment has derived ~96% of the total revenue of the overall business.
- Micronutrients: Kaveri Seeds develops micronutrients, bio and organic products under this segment. As of March 31, 2023, the segment contributed ~4% to overall revenue.
As of March 31, 2023, the company had 4 subsidiaries and a few of them are listed below:
- Aditya Agritech Private Limited: Kaver Seeds holds a 70% stake in the company. It is engaged in the marketing and distribution of Hybrid Seeds and enjoys the goodwill of farmers and dealers/distributors across India.
- Kaveri Microteck Private Limited: It is a wholly-owned subsidiary which specialises in developing products that facilitate sustainable farming.
Mr. G.V. Bhaskar Rao, Chairman & Managing Director (MD)
Mr. G.V. Bhaskar Rao is the Chairman & MD at Kaveri Seeds. He founded Kaveri Seeds in 1976, and under his leadership, Kaveri Seeds has become a pioneer and trendsetter in India’s seed industry. He has done his graduation in Agriculture from Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University. Under his stewardship, the company managed to develop about 150 high-quality hybrids and varieties across field crops and vegetables.
The company has no history of stock splits, bonus issue and other corporate actions.
- The company believes that its business will be well-placed in the coming years as the government is committed to advancing Indian research and encouraging approvals for indigenously developed new hybrid and advanced seed varieties. As a result, this will facilitate its overall expansion, and the company expects a revolution in seed technology advancements from both domestic and international businesses.
- The company is focused on seed enhancement technologies, which involve the utilisation of counted seeds of high value. This has been driven by the rising demand from professional vegetable growers who require high-performing seeds.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Indiabulls Enterprises Ltd||₹218.17||
|10.5 - 11.15|
|PTL Enterprises Ltd||₹570.28||
|42.6 - 44|
|Service Care Ltd||₹68.99||
|58.9 - 58.9|
|Madhav Marbles and Granites Ltd||₹47.06||
|51.55 - 53.4|
|Shreeoswal Seeds & Chemicals Ltd||₹468.02||
|60.8 - 62.25|
What is the Share price of Kaveri Seed Company (KSCL)?
Can I buy Kaveri Seed Company (KSCL) shares?
How do I buy Kaveri Seed Company (KSCL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Kaveri Seed Company (KSCL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Kaveri Seed Company (KSCL) shares.
Is Kaveri Seeds a Debt free Company?
No, Kaveri Seeds is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Kaveri Seeds?
The main business of Kaveri Seeds is to research, produce, process, and market numerous high quality hybrid seeds, such as corn, cotton, sunflower, sorghum, pearl millet grain, and paddy. It also produces several agri-inputs, micronutrient bioproducts, and organic products.
Who are the promoters of Kaveri Seeds?
Some of the main promoters of Kaveri Seeds are Vanaja Devi Gundavaram, Venkata Bhaskar Rao Gundavaram (HUF) – Mr G.V. Bhaskar Rao (Karta), Gundavaram Venkata Bhaskar Rao, Pavan Gundavaram, Vamsheedhar Chennamaneni, and Mithun Chand Chennamaneni.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Kaveri Seeds?
Some of the subsidiaries that come under Kaveri Seeds are M/s. Aditya Agritech Private Limited, M/s. Genome Agritech Private Limited, M/s. Kaveri Microteck Private Limited, and M/s. Genomix Agri Genetics Private Limited.