HCL Technologies Performance
Fundamentals of HCL Technologies
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||23.32|
|Debt to Equity||0.08|
Financials of HCL Technologies
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||5,372||5,195||4,696||5,128|
|EPS in Rs||15.13||14.71||13.05||14.15|
About HCL Technologies
History of HCL Technologies
Founded in 1976, HCL Technologies (HCL Tech) is a global technology company that delivers industry-leading capabilities centred around engineering, digital, cloud and AI, powered by a comprehensive portfolio of technology products and services. The company mainly offers a wide range of software services, business process outsourcing and infrastructure services.
HCL Technologies delivers solutions across various verticals, including government, Retail & CPG, Manufacturing, Public Services, Oil and Gas, Energy and Utilities, Telecom, Media, Publishing and Entertainment, Travel, Transportation and Logistics, Financial Services, Life Sciences and Technology Healthcare Services. The company has more than 2,23,400 employees across 60 countries. They have over 200 Delivery Centers, over 60 Innovation Labs, 10,000 clients using their products and software, and more than 2,000 Patents.
HCL Technologies launched its IPO in December 1999 and was listed on the stock exchanges on January 11, 2000. The IPO received 27X demand for shares.
The company has been recognised as a Leader in Everest Group’s Banking Operations Services PEAK Matrix Assessment 2023, Leader in Everest Group’s Unstructured Document Processing Products PEAK Matrix Assessment 2023, Certified as a Global Top Employer and many more.
HCL Technologies is an expert in the following segments:
- Digital: The company’s comprehensive range of digital solutions, from consulting to implementation, empowers businesses to enhance their resilience, optimise operations, and enable more meaningful client relationships.
- Engineering: The company’s Engineering and R&D services (ERS) include product engineering, digital engineering and operational solutions. These services empower businesses to enhance time-to-profit, fasten product development, and maximise their returns on innovation.
- Cloud: The company’s distinctive CloudSMART solutions and services include cloud strategy and consulting, data and AI on the cloud, managed cloud services and application modernisation. These empower organisations to efficiently harness the potential of the cloud, driving innovation and scalability.
- Software: HCLSoftware division specialises in the development, marketing, and support of software solutions for digital transformation, data management, analytics, AI, automation, and enterprise security.
There are more than 100 subsidiary companies under HCL Technologies, and some of those include:
- HCL Comnet Systems & Services Limited – This company offers bandwidth services.
- HCL Technologies (Shanghai) Limited – This company has been offering IT services in Greater China for over 17 years.
- HCL Training & Staffing Services Private Limited – This company offers hiring and training services across different regions in India.
Key Personalities of HCL Technologies
- Shiv Nadar, Founder
HCL Group was founded by Shiv Nadar. He is also the Chairman Emeritus and Strategic Advisor to the Board of HCL Tech. He started his career as part of the elite DCM management trainee system. HCL was one of the few IT companies in the world founded in the 1970s and continues to exist to date.
- C Vijayakumar, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
Vijayakumar joined HCLTech about 30 years ago. He was a part of the core team that designed and executed India’s first-ever fully automated trading network at the National Stock Exchange. Before that, he was the President of HCLTech’s Infrastructure Services Business. Vijayakumar is a Board Member of the U.S.-India Business Council and a member of the World Economic Forum’s IT Governor’s Community.
- Bonus: HCL Tech declared 2 bonus issues:
– In 2019: The record date for the bonus share was December 7, 2019, with a bonus ratio of 1:1.
– In 2015: The record date for the bonus share was March 20, 2015, with a bonus ratio of 1:1.
- HCL Technologies has a high-grade R&D team that mainly focuses on innovation.
- The company is widespread in 60 countries, and they have a huge client base, which includes big players like Deutsche Bank, Ulta Beauty, Microsoft, etc.
- The company faces huge competition in the market from other prominent players like Infosys and TCS.
- In 2016, the company lost $1.5 billion in contracts. This is due to the challenges it faced in retaining existing clients.
- The company can help more businesses in the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions in their digital transformation.
- The company can face foreign exchange-related losses.
- The company can face a threat in the aspect of outsourcing, which depends on the relations between India and the USA.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|415 - 424.5|
|1466.25 - 1493.85|
|Tech Mahindra Ltd||₹119,395.85||
|1217.25 - 1237.95|
|5585 - 5754|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||₹1,323,369.11||
|3602.05 - 3645|
What is the Share price of HCL Technologies (HCLTECH)?
Can I buy HCL Technologies (HCLTECH) shares?
How do I buy HCL Technologies (HCLTECH) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy HCL Technologies (HCLTECH) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to HCL Technologies (HCLTECH) shares.
What is the total Asset of HCL Tech?
HCL Tech’s total assets for 2022 were Rs 89,033 Crore.
What is the main business of HCL Tech?
Leading global IT services provider HCL Technologies Ltd. works with multinational corporations to re-imagine and revolutionise their industries via the use of digital technologies. The company’s main business activities include offering a variety of infrastructure, business process outsourcing, and software services.
Who are the promoters of HCL Tech?
Vama Sundari Investments (Delhi) Pvt. Ltd with (42.92%) and HCL Holdings Private Ltd with (16.47%) are the biggest promoters of HCL tech.
What are the Brands that comes under HCL Tech?
The Brands that comes under HCL Tech are HCL Domino. HCL Domino Volt. HCL Notes. HCL Connections. HCL Sametime. HCL Verse. HCL Digital Experience.