Adani Green Energy Performance
Fundamentals of Adani Green Energy
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||197.14|
|Debt to Equity||7.23|
Financials of Adani Green Energy
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||122||799||415||413|
|EPS in Rs||1.02||3.79||2.19||2.29|
About Adani Green Energy
History of Adani Green Energy
Incorporated on January 23, 2015, Adani Green Energy Limited (AEGL) comes under the Adani Group. It is one of India’s largest renewable energy companies, with a project portfolio of 20,434 MW as of 2023. The company is driven by a philosophy of Growth with Goodness. Adani Green Energy is into developing, building, owning, operating and maintaining utility-scale grid-connected solar and wind farm projects. Electricity that is generated is supplied to central and state government entities and government-backed companies.
AEGL is on 25-year Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with both central and state government entities. The company has a presence in 12 different states in India. It utilises cutting-edge technologies and actively contributes to India’s renewable energy transformation.
The company has been recognised with several awards, including the Platinum Award by Grow Care India Environment Management Awards in 2022 and Sustainability 2.0 Award in 2022. It was also given 1st position in Asia and listed among the top 10 renewable energy companies in the world for ESG performance.
Business Segments of Adani Green Energy
The business verticals under Adani Green Energy include,
- Solar power: There are several solar power generation plants located in various parts of India, including Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka, Odisha, etc.
- Wind power: Under this vertical, the company continuously looks for regions with wind resource potential in India and installs windmast. They are located in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- Hybrid power: This project combines wind and solar power plants to help reduce fluctuations in energy production. Solar panels generate more energy during the day, while wind turbines often produce more at night. This combination distributes the ups and downs of electricity generation.
- Solar parks: Adani Renewable Energy Park Rajasthan Ltd (AREPRL) comes under this category. It is a joint venture by Adani Renewable Energy Park Ltd (AREPL) and Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation Ltd (RRECL), the Government of Rajasthan, under the Companies Act 2013.
- Operational excellence: Adani-Energy Operation Nerve Centre (Adani-ENOC) comes under this segment. They use advanced technology, adopt machine learning and use drones to check the progress of the projects.
A few of the subsidiaries under Adani Green Energy include:
- Adani Renewable Energy Holding Four Limited – This is a subsidiary company under Adani Green Energy, which has subsidiaries for the generation, development, transformation, distribution, transmission, sale, and supply of any kind of power using solar, wind or other renewable energy sources.
- Adani Solar Energy Kutchh Two Private Limited – This wholly-owned subsidiary was previously known as Gaya Solar (Bihar) Private Limited. This company is involved in the energy sector.
- Adani Wind Energy (Gujarat) Private Limited – This wholly-owned subsidiary is involved in the power generation business.
Key Personalities of Adani Green Energy
Gautam Adani, Chairman
The Chairman and founder of the Adani Group is Gautam Adani. Under his leadership, the company has established itself as a global integrated infrastructure player in several sectors.
Rajesh Adani, Managing Director
Rajesh Adani has been a part of the Adani Group since its beginning. He oversees the Group’s operations and has played a pivotal role in promoting its business partnerships.
Corporate Actions of Adani Green Energy
There are no records of stock splits or bonus shares from Adani Green Energy.
SWOT Analysis of Adani Green Energy
- Pre-evaluation of the assets and locations to assess their vulnerability to extreme weather conditions.
- A dedicated weather forecasting system for each site location.
- Solar panels are exposed to expiry risks.
- The business is subjected to regulations, which are prone to change every now and then on state and central levels.
- Identify potential in hybrid plants under the hybrid power category.
- Expand in the renewable energy category and aim for smarter grids enabling two-way interchange.
- Business is dependent on water availability. Any scarcity of water can impact the business.
- Subject to increased risks during extreme weather conditions.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Tata Power Company Ltd||₹104,088.19||
|318.1 - 335.95|
|281 - 291.9|
|JSW Energy Ltd||₹75,359.04||
|446.65 - 477|
|Adani Energy Solutions Ltd||₹133,591.40||
|1070.55 - 1235|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd||₹213,774.38||
|226.45 - 233.4|
What is the Share price of Adani Green Energy (ADANIGREEN)?
Can I buy Adani Green Energy (ADANIGREEN) shares?
How do I buy Adani Green Energy (ADANIGREEN) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Adani Green Energy (ADANIGREEN) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Adani Green Energy (ADANIGREEN) shares.
What is the main business of Adani Green?
The main business of Adani Green is to create, own, run and maintain utility-scale grid-connected solar and wind farm projects. The generated electricity is supplied to state and central government corporations.
Who are the promoters of Adani Green?
The promoters of Adani Green are Adani Trading Services LLP, Gautambhai Shantilal Adani & Rajeshbhai Shantilal , Gautam S. Adani/ Rajesh S. Adani, Universal Trade And Investments Limited, Infinite Trade And Investment Ltd and Afro Asia Trade And Investments Limited.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Adani Green?
The subsidiaries that comes under Adani Green are Adani Green Energy (Tamilnadu) Limited, Adani Green Energy (UP) Limited, Adani Green Energy (MP) Limited, Adani Wind Energy (Gujarat) Private Limited, Parampujya Solar Energy Private Limited, Prayatna Developers Private Limited, Rosepetal Solar Energy Private Limited, Mahoba Solar (UP) Private Limited, Gaya Solar (Bihar) Private Limited, Kodangal Solar Parks Private Limited, Adani Renewable Power, etc.
What is the total Asset of Adani Green?
The total asset of Adani Green is Rs. 58,954 Crores.