Zee Entertainment Enterprises Performance
Fundamentals of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||NA|
|Debt to Equity||0.02|
Financials of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||120.77||-46.89||0.75||184.23|
|EPS in Rs||4.65||-1.1||0.18||2.53|
About Zee Entertainment Enterprises
History of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Incorporated on November 25, 1982, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (Formerly known as Zee Telefilms Limited) is one of the leading media and entertainment companies in India. The company broadcasts TV channels, sells advertising space for other channels, and sells various media content like TV shows, movies, and music.
In 1992, the company started with India’s first private television channel, Zee TV. In 2000, the company started exploring new formats with Zee 2.0. In 2006, they expanded and restructured their business with Zee 3.0. In 2020, the company grew into a leaner, sharper and greener Zee, paving the way for the future with Zee 4.0. As of March 2022, Zee Entertainment Enterprises had 89 channels available in more than 20 languages and catered to 1.3 billion viewers across 130 countries worldwide.
Zee Entertainment Enterprises has been recognised with several awards, including Best Use of Gamification/Mobile/ Video Learning Technology at the Human Excellence Awards 2021 and the Best Recruitment Transformation Award at The Recruitment World Awards 2022 etc.
Business Segments of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
The business of Zee Entertainment Enterprises is to offer general entertainment through various platforms as follows:
- Broadcast – It includes 48 different domestic entertainment channels in 11 native languages and more than 35 international channels in 7 foreign languages available in more than 120 countries.
- Digital – The company has an OTT platform, Zee5, which is available in over 190 countries with content in 12 Indian and 6 international languages.
- Movies – The company is in the movie production and distribution business through Zee Studios and Zee Plex.
- Music – Through Zee Music, the company released over 10,000 songs in 22 languages.
As of March 31, 2022, the company had 3 domestic subsidiaries and 18 overseas direct and step-down subsidiaries. The direct subsidiaries include:
- Zee Studios Limited: This is a wholly-owned subsidiary that was previously known as Essel Vision Productions Limited. It is into film production, advertising, promotions and distribution, etc.
- ATL Media Limited (ATL): This wholly-owned subsidiary is located in Mauritius and is involved in the broadcasting business.
Key Personalities of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Dr Subhash Chandra, Chairman Emeritus
Subhash Chandra, is the Founder of Zee Entertainment Enterprises and Essel Group. He is referred to as ‘The Father of Indian Television’. He was awarded the 2011 International Emmy Directorate Award at their 39th International Emmy Awards in New York for his contributions to the television industry. He is also the first Indian to get a Directorate Award.
Punit Goenka, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Punit has helped enhance the company’s performance and successfully drove it towards its set goals. He is responsible for expanding the global presence of the company across more than 190 countries and reaching more than 1.3 billion viewers. He was listed as one of the top 100 CEOs of India by Business Today.
Corporate Actions of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Zee Entertainment Enterprises announced 2 bonus shares, as follows:
- In 2014, the company announced bonus preference shares in a ratio of 21:1. The ex-date was March 3, 2014, and the record date was March 4, 2014.
- In 2010, the company announced bonus shares of a ratio of 1:1. The ex-date was November 11, 2010, and the record date was November 12, 2010.
SWOT Analysis of Zee Entertainment Enterprises
- The company has a big network of television channels showcasing popular shows and sitcoms.
- The company has an international presence.
- The viewership for TV is declining with the increase of digital platforms.
- The company can focus on creating content that is appealing to the younger generation.
- The company faces competition from other players like Sun Network in domestic markets.
- The trends in the media sector keep changing, and the content can get old.
- The media and entertainment industry is subjected to regulations. Any changes in the existing regulations can impact the revenue of the company.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Sun TV Network Ltd||₹26,409.58||
|663 - 672.4|
|Padmalaya Telefilms Ltd||₹6.17||
|12.3 - 12.4|
|Raj Television Network Ltd||₹271.14||
|51 - 52.65|
|Vels Film International Ltd||₹133.60||
|99.8 - 104.5|
|B A G Films & Media Ltd||₹116.57||
|6.05 - 6.2|
What is the Share price of Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL)?
Can I buy Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) shares?
How do I buy Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Zee Entertainment Enterprises (ZEEL) shares.
Is Zee Entertainment merging with Sony?
Yes, in December 2021 they signed an agreement to merge with Sony.
Is Zee Entertainment Enterprises a Debt free Company?
No, Zee Entertainment Enterprises is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Zee Entertainment Enterprises?
The main business of Zee Entertainment Enterprises is to provide TV broadcasting services. It also sells diversified media content, such as TV programs, film rights, and music rights.
Who are the promoters of Zee Entertainment Enterprises?
The key promoters of Zee Entertainment Enterprises include Essel Media Ventures Limited, Cyquator Media Services Private Limited, Essel Holdings Ltd, Essel International Limited, and Essel Corporate LLP.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Zee Entertainment Enterprises?
Some major subsidiaries that come under Zee Entertainment Enterprises are Zee Studios Limited (previously known as Essel Vision Productions Limited), Margo Networks Private Limited, OOO Zee CIS Holding LLC, Zee Multimedia Worldwide (Mauritius) Limited, Pantheon Production Limited, and Asia Today Limited.