Maruti Suzuki India Performance
Fundamentals of Maruti Suzuki India
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||28.28|
|Debt to Equity||0.01|
Financials of Maruti Suzuki India
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||2,993.6||3,303.7||3,231.4||4,848.1|
|EPS in Rs||79.17||88.41||83.59||124.61|
About Maruti Suzuki India
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) is primarily engaged in the sale of passenger vehicles. Its previous name was Maruti Udyog Limited, and the government of India and Suzuki Motor Corporation formed the joint venture in February 1981. MSIL came up with an IPO in 2003 and got listed on the BSE and NSE. In 2007, the company’s name was changed to MSIL from Maruti Udyog Limited. Suzuki Motor Corporation owns a significant stake of 56.2%, making MSIL a wholly-owned subsidiary.
The company started its journey with the iconic Maruti 800 car and extended its portfolio to 16 car models with over 150 variants. The company’s product range revolves around entry-level small cars like the Alto 800, Alto K10, and luxury sedan Ciaz. The Company has two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities located in Gurugram and Manesar in Haryana, capable of producing ~1.5 million units per annum.
The company’s other business activities include the facilitation of pre-owned car sales fleet management and car financing. Its manufacturing facilities are in Gurgaon and Manesar in Haryana and a state-of-the-art R&D centre in Rohtak, Haryana.
In 2017, the company was selected as Automobile Manufacturer of the Year at BTVi’s “The Auto Show – Car India & Bike India Awards 2017.” In addition, it won the Business World International Business Awards 2012 (Exports Auto and Engineering Category).
- Maruti Suzuki Arena: The segment deals with numerous products under different categories, such as Hatchbacks, Sedans, MUVs/SUVs, Vans, and S-CNG,
- Nexa Cars: It is a premium sales channel targeted at new customer segments, offering a global buying experience, innovative technology, and enhanced hospitality. The company added 50 NEXA sales outlets in FY 2023, further strengthening its competitive advantage in spite of a strong network presence in urban markets.
- True Value: The segment earns revenue from pre-owned cars. The company entered the pre-owned car market in 2001, and the business has grown in size and stature since the start of the business.
- Commercial: Under this segment, the company has products like Super Carry and EECO Cargo under the goods carrier category. In addition, the company also provides passenger cars like Tour H1, Tour H3, Tour S, etc.
- Hisashi Takeuchi, Managing Director & CEO
Hisashi Takeuchi is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of MSIL, appointed to the position effective April 01, 2022. In 1986, Mr. Takeuchi started working at Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC). He has served as Joint Managing Director (Commercial) of Maruti Suzuki since April 2021 and has extensive experience in international operations at SMC as well as in foreign markets. He has been a member of the board since July 2019.
- The construction of a new manufacturing facility in Kharkhoda, Haryana, has started to expand production capacity. This plant has a capacity of 2,50,000 vehicles per annum and is likely to be commissioned in 2025.
- The company is optimistic about the long-term growth potential of the Indian passenger vehicle industry, as automobile demand has a high correlation with economic growth.
- Encouraging market share.
- Disciplined cost optimisation.
- Delay in EV segment.
- Poor R&D Spend.
- Global presence.
- Rising household income.
- Semiconductor shortage.
- Rising fuel prices.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Hero MotoCorp Ltd||₹75,193.55||
|3761.3 - 3792.6|
|Bajaj Auto Ltd||₹171,780.58||
|6063.1 - 6097.85|
|Eicher Motors Ltd||₹110,765.88||
|4048 - 4088.2|
|Tata Motors Ltd||₹264,423.63||
|716 - 725.4|
|TVS Motor Company Ltd||₹89,755.89||
|1893.8 - 1919.35|
What is the Share price of Maruti Suzuki India (MARUTI)?
Can I buy Maruti Suzuki India (MARUTI) shares?
How do I buy Maruti Suzuki India (MARUTI) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Maruti Suzuki India (MARUTI) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Maruti Suzuki India (MARUTI) shares.
What is the total Asset of Maruti?
The total asset of Maruti is Rs. 74, 656 crores.
Who are the promoters of Maruti?
The promoter of Maruti is Suzuki Motor Corporation (56.37%).
What is the main business of Maruti?
Maruti operates the automobile manufacturing and sales operation in India.
What are the cars that come under Maruti Suzuki?
The car that comes under Maruti Suzuki are: hatchbacks (Alto 800 | Alto 800 Tour | Alto K10 | WagonR | Celerio | Celerio Tour | Celerio X | Ignis | Swift | Baleno), sedans (Dzire Tour | Dzire | Ciaz), SUVs/MUVs (Gypsy | Ertiga | Vitara Brezza | S-Cross) and vans (Omni | Eeco).