Live Interglobe Aviation Share Price Chart
Interglobe Aviation Performance
Interglobe Aviation Fundamentals
|P/E Ratio (TTM)
|Debt to Equity
Interglobe Aviation Financials
Financials data is not available for Interglobe Aviation. Please visit after some time.
About Interglobe Aviation
Interglobe Aviation Ltd (Indigo) is the largest passenger airline in India, which is operating as a low-cost carrier. The company was established in 1989, and InterGlobe Air Transport was launched and became a General Sales Agent (GSA) for many prominent airlines. The company was named nationwide agent for Galileo International’s Global Distribution Systems in 1994.
In 2002, InterGlobe Air Transport was appointed as the General Sales Agent (GSA) in India for Delta Air Lines (Passenger) and China Eastern Airlines (Passenger and Cargo). It launched its Hospitality arm by joining hands with Accor Asia Pacific (AAPC) in 2004. IndiGo started its operations with its first flight from New Delhi to Imphal in 2006. InterGlobe Hotels opened its first hotel in India — ibis Gurgaon in 2008. The company expanded its hotel business by opening 3 more hotels in India—ibis Nashik, ibis Bengaluru, Hosur Road and ibis Navi Mumbai in 2012.
The company expanded its wings to over 50 destinations in 2018. It launched its new hotel, ibis Mumbai Vikhroli, in 2021. InterGlobe Enterprises and UPS launched a logistics brand, MOVIN, in 2022.
MOVIN won the “Promising Brands 2023” award by ET Edge for exceptional digital innovation and commitment to best-in-class customer experience. The company was recognised as one of the “Companies with Great Managers 2022.
- Airline Management: Under this segment, the company operates air transport in domestic as well as international locations. Indigo has established a decent presence in the United Kingdom, the UAE and Qatar in the past years.
- Advanced Pilot Training: The company operates a pilot training centre, CAE Simulation Training Pvt. Ltd. (CSTPL), which was launched in 2013. It is a joint venture between InterGlobe Enterprises (IGE) and CAE Inc. It is one of the largest state-of-the-art pilot training facilities in India.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering: Indigo established the School for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in 2017. It was promoted by the InterGlobe group and established under InterGlobe Education Services Ltd (IGES).
As of March 31, 2023, the company had a wholly-owned subsidiary – Agile Airport Services Private Limited. It provides ground handling services and raises invoices for the same.
Rahul Bhatia, Group Managing Director
Rahul Bhatia is the Group Managing Director of InterGlobe Enterprises. Rahul is also the Promoter and Managing Director of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo). He established InterGlobe in 1989 with its flagship business of Air Transport Management. He is a graduate in electrical engineering from the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.
- The company is seeking to double in scale and size by the end of this decade on the back of a large order book of aircraft, including XLRs, and investments in people, processes and technology.
- The company will be focused on leveraging its simple yet well-executed product and an unparalleled network to make international expansion.
Interglobe Aviation FAQs
What is the Share price of Interglobe Aviation (INDIGO)?
Can I buy Interglobe Aviation (INDIGO) shares?
How do I buy Interglobe Aviation (INDIGO) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Interglobe Aviation (INDIGO) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Interglobe Aviation (INDIGO) shares.
What is the total Asset of Interglobe Aviation?
The total asset of Interglobe Aviation is Rs. 45,963 crores.
What is the main business of Interglobe Aviation?
The main business of Interglobe Aviation, commonly known as Indigo, is to serve as India’s largest low-cost passenger airline with a 56% market share. Interglobe Aviation commenced operations in 2006 and currently holds a fleet of 279 aircraft.
Who are the promoters of Interglobe Aviation?
The key promoters of Interglobe Aviation are InterGlobe Enterprises Private Limited, Rakesh Gangwal, The Chinkerpoo Family Trust (Trustee: Shobha Gangwal & J.P. Morgan Trust Company of Delaware), Shobha Gangwal, Asha Mukherjee, and Kapil Bhatia.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Interglobe Aviation?
The subsidiary that comes under Interglobe Aviation is Agile Airport Services Private Limited.