Gland Pharma Performance
Fundamentals of Gland Pharma
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||41.56|
|Debt to Equity||0.04|
Financials of Gland Pharma
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||310.85||111.15||261.27||289.89|
|EPS in Rs||14.08||8.21||11.79||11.78|
About Gland Pharma
Gland Pharma Ltd is primarily a contract manufacturer of injectables. The company was founded by PVN Raju in 1978 to manufacture and market Heparin injection for the domestic market and provide contract manufacturing services for other pharmaceutical companies.
In 2000, the company signed its first contract manufacturing agreement to set up a regulated markets R&D facility at Dundigal, Hyderabad. It continued its growth with the entry into the US market with Ketorolac PFS in 2007.
In 2014, the company started manufacturing lines for ophthalmic and automated bags at the Dundigal facility. It received approval for Enoxaparin injection for the US market in 2018. The company won the Hyderabad Customs Top Exporters Award in 2017-18. The company was listed on NSE and BSE in 2020 after a successful IPO. Gland Pharma purchased assets of Vitane Biologics, a Hyderabad-based biopharmaceutical company, in 2021. It finished the acquisition of Cenexi, a French pharmaceutical company, in 2023.
- India Business: The company adopted direct marketing for its B2C operations in the Indian market. The Domestic Marketing Business Unit offers a vast array of niche products across several therapeutic segments, including Anti-Infectives, Haematinics, etc.
- Therapeutic Coverage: The company deals in therapeutic products in various categories, such as anti-malarials, gynaecological, hormones, etc. It is among the largest and fastest-growing global pure-play injectable companies.
As of March 31, 2023, Gland Pharma International Pte. Ltd is the only wholly-owned subsidiary incorporated in Singapore. It acquired Cenexi and cis now looking at the overall acquired business.
Srinivas Sadu, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
Mr Srinivas Sadu has been the Managing Director and CEO since 2019. He joined Gland Pharma as the general manager – of exports in 2000 and rose up the ranks to become Chief Operating Officer in 2011. He has a rich experience of over 23 years in business development, manufacturing operations, supply chain management and strategic planning. He holds a master’s degree in Industrial Pharmacy from Long Island University, New York; an MBA from the University of Maryland, Baltimore; and a postgraduate certification in Finance and Management from the London School of Business and Finance.
The company has no history of stock splits, bonus issues and corporate action.
- The strategic priorities of the company revolve around geographical expansion. Therefore, China will continue to remain its key focus as a couple of its products filed there are in the advanced stages of regulatory review. The company also looks to expand its presence in the RoW markets, especially in South Africa and Kazakhstan.
- The company has been investing in new manufacturing lines for technologies involving microspheres and combi-vials to support its complex development portfolio.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Ajanta Pharma Ltd||₹24,628.67||
|1910.1 - 1956.25|
|1230.6 - 1256|
|Syngene International Ltd||₹29,290.81||
|716.7 - 737.35|
|Alkem Laboratories Ltd||₹58,402.72||
|4750.6 - 4897.8|
|Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd||₹28,620.30||
|1682.05 - 1713.95|
What is the Share price of Gland Pharma (GLAND)?
Can I buy Gland Pharma (GLAND) shares?
How do I buy Gland Pharma (GLAND) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Gland Pharma (GLAND) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Gland Pharma (GLAND) shares.
What is the total Asset of Gland Pharma?
The total asset of Gland Pharma is Rs. 7, 834 Crores.
What is the main business of Gland Pharma?
The main business of Gland Pharma is pharmaceutical research and development, and the manufacturing and marketing of complicated injectables. The company operates under a B2B business model and has a global footprint across 60 countries globally, including the US, Europe, Canada and Australia.
Who are the promoters of Gland Pharma?
The promoters of Gland Pharma are Fosun Pharma Industrial Pte. Ltd, Regal Gesture Limited, Lustrous Star Limited, Fosun Industrial Co Limited and Ample Up Limited.
Who owns Gland Pharma?
The owner of Gland Pharma is Fosun Pharma Industrial Pte. Ltd.