Zydus Lifesciences Limited Performance
Fundamentals of Zydus Lifesciences Limited
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||22.91|
|Debt to Equity||0.01|
Financials of Zydus Lifesciences Limited
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||780.1||485.8||1,329.2||1,007.2|
|EPS in Rs||6.15||8.02||10.88||7.91|
About Zydus Lifesciences Limited
Zydus Lifesciences Ltd. (formerly known as Cadila Healthcare Ltd.) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in India. The company was founded by Mr. I.A. Modi with the establishment of Cadila Laboratories on March 13, 1952. One of the company’s first products, Livirubra, was a liquid vitamin supplement. In 1967, the company established its first factory. In May 1995, the company was restructured and renamed as Cadilac Pharmaceuticals. Over the next few years, the company established a bulk drug-producing factory and an API facility in Ahmedabad and a formulation facility at Jammu.
The company was listed on April 27, 2004. In the same year, the company expanded with a new plant in Adis Ababa, Ethiopia. In the same year, it also made innovations in the treatment of lung cancer, tuberculosis and cardiovascular diseases. In 2007-08, the company restructured their formulation division named Alidac and launched two new sub-divisions, namely Corza and Fortiza. Also, they forayed into the nutraceutical industry and launched a new division, Zydus Nutriva.
In 2011, Cadila Healthcare and Bayer HealthCare announced a Joint Venture company Bayer Zydus Pharma, for the sales and marketing of pharmaceutical products in India. In 2014, Cadila Healthcare became the first company in the world to launch the biosimilar of Adalimumab. In November 2017, Cadila Healthcare announced its entry into a public-private partnership with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to launch new diagnostic kits to detect neglected infectious diseases in livestock.
Zydus Lifesciences has categorised its business into the following segments:
- Pharmaceuticals – This segment represents the business of integrated pharmaceutical operations encompassing the entire value chain in the research, development, production, marketing and distribution of pharmaceutical products. The product portfolio includes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), human formulations and animal health and veterinary products. This segment brings in 86.97% of the total revenue from operations.
- Consumer Products – This segment represents the business of development, production, marketing and distribution of differentiated health and wellness products. Popular brands in this segment include Complan, Sugar Free, Everyuth Naturals, and Nycil. This segment brings in 13.02% of the revenue from operations.
In terms of region, the company’s revenue is sourced primarily from:
- India – India accounts for around 47% of the company’s revenues as of March 31, 2022. The main focus is on nephrology-related solutions.
- USA – In the US, the company engages in the generic drugs business and offers over 160 products in this market. The USA market makes up about 40% of the total revenue.
The company has 15 Indian and 29 foreign subsidiaries, some of which are:
- Zynext Ventures Pte. Ltd – This Singapore-based company was incorporated as a wholly-owned subsidiary to conduct the Singapore operations.
- Zydus Wellness Limited – This is a listed subsidiary that spearheads the group’s operations in the consumer wellness space.
- Zydus Strategic Investments Limited (India) – This is a wholly-owned subsidiary to help Zydus Lifesciences make its strategic investments.
- Zydus Worldwide DMCC (UAE) – This is a wholly-owned subsidiary that helps carry out operations in the UAE.
Dr. Rajiv i. Modi, Chairman and MD
Son of I. A. Modi, he assumed the company’s leadership in 2012. Thereafter, Dr. Modi charted a multi-pronged approach to the company’s growth. With a vision to revolutionise the life sciences industry, he has played a pivotal role in the research, manufacturing, sales and distribution of Cadila Pharma across the globe.
The following are some of the corporate actions done by the company:
The company had issued bonus shares at 1:2 with the record date of April 6, 2010.
Buyback of Shares
The company had conducted a buyback of its shares with a record date of June 2, 2022.
The company had conducted a stock split from ₹5 to ₹1 with the record date as October 7, 2015.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- On January 5, 2016, Cadila Healthcare announced the strategic acquisition of select brands and manufacturing operations in Haridwar, India, of Zoetis, a global animal health company.
- On March 28, 2016, Cadila Healthcare announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Zydus Healthcare Limited, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Actibile’ from Albert David Limited (ADL).
- During 2023, the company got into a Business Transfer Agreement for the purchase of the business undertakings of Watson Pharma Private Limited through a slump sale on a going concern basis costing ₹46.8 crore.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Ajanta Pharma Ltd||₹24,489.53||
|1935 - 2067.4|
|1238.65 - 1266.9|
|Gland Pharma Ltd||₹29,802.61||
|1735 - 1825|
|Syngene International Ltd||₹29,007.39||
|720 - 739.85|
|Alkem Laboratories Ltd||₹55,617.45||
|4660 - 4807|
What is the Share price of Zydus Lifesciences Limited (ZYDUSLIFE)?
Can I buy Zydus Lifesciences Limited (ZYDUSLIFE) shares?
How do I buy Zydus Lifesciences Limited (ZYDUSLIFE) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Zydus Lifesciences Limited (ZYDUSLIFE) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Zydus Lifesciences Limited (ZYDUSLIFE) shares.
What is the total Asset of Cadila Healthcare?
The total asset of Cadila Healthcare is Rs. 27,642 crores.
What is the main business of Cadila Healthcare?
The main business of Cadila Healthcare, now known as Zydus Lifesciences, is to manufacture generic drugs. Headquartered in Ahmedabad, Cadila develops an extensive range of active pharmaceutical ingredients as well as diagnostics, herbal products, skin care products and animal healthcare products.
Who are the promoters of Cadila Healthcare?
The main promoter of Cadila Healthcare is the Zydus Family Trust.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Cadila Healthcare?
Some of the subsidiaries under Cadila Healthcare are Zydus Wellness Limited, Zydus Healthcare Limited, Zydus Wellness Products, Dialforhealth Unity Limited, Dialforhealth Greencross Limited, Zydus Animal Health and Investments Limited, Zydus Pharmaceuticals Limited, Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, and Liva Nutritions Limited.