Reliance Capital Performance
Fundamentals of Reliance Capital
|P/E Ratio (TTM)||NA|
|Debt to Equity||-1.53|
Financials of Reliance Capital
|Dec 2022||Mar 2023||Jun 2023||Sep 2023|
|Profit before tax||26.78||-1,513.13||444.28||-256.4|
|EPS in Rs||0.63||-59.7||17.3||-9.53|
About Reliance Capital
Reliance Capital, a part of the Reliance Group, is a prominent player in India’s private-sector financial services domain. With diversified interests, the company engages in asset management, mutual funds, pension funds, life and general insurance, commercial and home finance, stock broking, wealth management services, distribution of financial products, asset reconstruction, proprietary investments, and more.
Founded in 1986 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, as Reliance Capital & Finance Trust Ltd., the company entered the capital market with its maiden public issue in August 1990. Initially, it focused on stable businesses such as leasing, bill discounting, and inter-corporate deposits. Over time, it diversified its operations to include portfolio investment, lending against securities, custodial services, money market operations, project finance advisory services, and investment banking.
In 2001-02, Reliance Capital ventured into life insurance and general insurance through subsidiaries like Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd and Reliance Life Insurance Company Ltd. As of March 2019, it holds a significant presence in the private sector insurance sector.
Reliance Securities is a leading retail broking house, and Reliance Money and Reliance Home Finance have witnessed rapid growth in the lending space. Reliance Capital remains a key player in India’s financial services landscape, with total assets of ₹83,973 crore (US$ 12.8 billion) as of March 31, 2019.
Reliance Capital operates in various business segments:
- Life Insurance: The company operates in this segment via Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company (RNLIC). It is a significant private sector life insurance company in India and provides a broad range of life insurance products, including traditional and unit-linked plans.
- General Insurance: Another major business segment of Reliance Capital is general insurance. It operates in this segment via a prominent private entity named Reliance General Insurance Company (RGIC). The company offers various general insurance products, such as motor insurance, health insurance, and property insurance.
- Commercial Finance: Reliance Capital also specialises in commercial finance for businesses. This segment offers a range of products, including working capital loans, term loans, and project finance.
- Home Finance: The company also primarily offers home loans to individuals under the name of Reliance Home Finance (RHF). It provides various home loan products, including home purchase loans, home extension loans, and home refinancing loans.
- Stock Broking: The company delivers a spectrum of broking services, including equity broking, commodity broking, and currency broking.
- Wealth Management Services: Reliance Capital also specialises in wealth management services like investment planning, portfolio management, and estate planning.
- Distribution of Financial Products: The company offers a wide range of financial products, including mutual funds, insurance products, and home loan products.
- Other Businesses: Reliance Capital is also involved in various other business activities, including asset reconstruction, proprietary investments, and other financial services.
Subsidiaries of Reliance Capital
Reliance Capital has several subsidiaries, including,
- Reliance General Insurance Company Limited (RGIC): RGIC is a general insurance company in India. RGIC offers a wide range of general insurance products, including motor insurance, health insurance, and property insurance. The company is a major player in the Indian general insurance industry and has a strong presence across the country.
- Reliance Securities Limited: RSL is a stock broking company in India. RSL offers a wide range of broking services, including equity broking, commodity broking, and currency broking. The company is one of the largest stock broking companies in India and has a strong presence across the country.
- Reliance Home Finance Limited (RHF): RHF is a NBFC that provides home loans to individuals. RHF offers a wide range of home loan products, including home purchase loans, home extension loans, and home refinancing loans. The company is one of the largest home finance companies in India and has a strong presence across the country.
- Anil Dhirubhai Ambani, Chairman
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani serves as the Chairman of the Reliance Group, overseeing entities like Reliance Capital, Reliance Infrastructure, and Reliance Power. He established the group in 2006, and over the following years, it has developed a presence in several sectors of India’s economy, encompassing telecommunications, power, infrastructure, cement, financial services, education, healthcare, and media.
- Reliance Capital has been taking steps to improve its asset quality. The company has sold some of its non-core assets and is focusing on its core businesses of insurance, asset management, and commercial finance. The company has also been strengthening its underwriting and risk management practices.
- Reliance Capital has been reducing its debt levels. The company has raised equity capital and has also sold some of its non-core assets to reduce its debt. The company is also working on improving its cash flows and reducing its operating expenses.
- Reliance Capital is expanding its insurance business through its subsidiaries, Reliance General Insurance Company Limited (RGIC) and Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company Limited (RNLICL). RGIC is expanding its distribution network and is also launching new products, such as cyber insurance and drone insurance. RNLICL is expanding its product portfolio and is also focusing on increasing its market share in the group protection business.
- Reliance Capital is focused on growing its core businesses of asset management and commercial finance. The company is expanding its distribution network and is also launching new products and services. The company is also focused on increasing its market share in these businesses.
|Stocks||Market Cap (cr)||Market Price (₹)||52 Week Low-High (₹)|
|Palash Securities Ltd||₹118.84||
|119.4 - 120.2|
|Motor & General Finance Ltd||₹114.48||
|29.7 - 29.7|
|Prime Securities Ltd||₹593.14||
|178.55 - 181.2|
|IL&FS Investment Managers Ltd||₹307.75||
|9.5 - 9.9|
|Repco Home Finance Ltd||₹2,504.02||
|393 - 402.45|
What is the Share price of Reliance Capital (RELCAPITAL)?
Can I buy Reliance Capital (RELCAPITAL) shares?
How do I buy Reliance Capital (RELCAPITAL) from Angel One?
- Direct investment: You can buy Reliance Capital (RELCAPITAL) shares by opening a Demat account with Angel One.
- Indirect investment: The indirect method involves investing through ETFs and Mutual Funds that offer exposure to Reliance Capital (RELCAPITAL) shares.
Is Reliance capital a Debt free Company?
No, Reliance capital is not a debt free company.
What is the main business of Reliance capital?
The main business of Reliance capital is related to the provision of financial services, including health & general insurance, home & commercial finance, wealth management services, asset reconstruction, equities & commodities broking, proprietary investments, and distribution of financial products.
Who are the promoters of Reliance capital?
The main promoters of Reliance capital are Reliance Infrastructure Consulting & Engineers Private Limited, Reliance Infrastructure Management Private Limited, Kokila D. Ambani, Tina A. Ambani, Reliance Inceptum Private Limited, Jai Anmol A. Ambani, Jai Anshul A. Ambani, Reliance Innoventures Private Limited, and Anil D. Ambani.
What are the Subsidiaries that comes under Reliance capital?
Some of the subsidiaries that come under Reliance capital are Reliance Capital Pension Fund Limited (RCPFL), Reliance General Insurance Company Limited (RGICL), Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company Limited (RNLICL), Reliance Health Insurance Limited (RHIL), Reliance Commercial Finance Limited (RCFL), and Reliance Securities Limited (RSL).