There’s been some good news on the stock exchange lately, just before the weekly options and monthly derivatives expiry. Sensex went up 185 points to 61,535. Meanwhile, NSE Nifty gained 62 points and stayed static at 18,330 points.
Let’s take a look at the big gainers and losers in the trade.
The Big Three Winners on Bombay Stock Exchange
Until Wednesday, 27 October 2021, 3 stocks hit a 52-week high on the Bombay Stock Exchange. They are:
- Housing Development Finance Corporation’s stock hit a 52-week high of Rs. 2,947.40 apiece.
- Moreover, the other big winner was the Kotak Mahindra Bank’s stock. This touched a 52-week high of 2,252.45 per share.
- Lastly, the third stock which reached a 52-week high is SBI Bank’s stock. It rose to a peak of 523.60 apiece.
These three stocks were also trending on the Bombay Stock Exchange 200.
Other stocks which reached their highs are named below. They are a total of 151 stocks that rose in value. However, the top gainers are:
- Arihant Foundations & Housing
- CG Power and Industrial Solutions
- Duroply Industries Escorts
- HG Infra Engineering
- Royal India Corporation
- Delta Industrial Resources Ltd
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem
- Transport Corporation of India.
- Share India Securities
- Tanla Platforms
These stocks witnessed considerable gains on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Lows on Bombay Stock Exchange
Despite the highs, there were also some disappointing lows. Stocks that touched their 52-week lows are:
- Aashka Hospitals
- Nova Publications India
- Sun Retail
- Arman Holdings
- Indian Bright Steel Co.
- Krsnaa Diagnostics
- Supreme Holdings & Hospitality (India)
- Transglobe Foods
- Srei Infrastructure Finance
National Stock Exchange Losers and Winners
Let’s now take a look at the winners and losers on the National Stock Exchange. The scrips that reached a 52-week high are:
- Triveni Turbine
- Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri
- The Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Siyaram Silk Mills
- Prime Securities
- Man Infraconstruction
- KPI Global Infrastructure
- Jindal Stainless
- Jindal Poly Investment and Finance Company
- Jayaswal Neco Industries
- Jindal Photo
- Heritage Foods
- DCM Escorts,
- Dangee Dums
- Astra Microwave Products
- Art Nirman
- Ambika Cotton Mills
- 3i Infotech
The scrips which reached a 52-week low are:
- Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC
- Marine Electricals (India)
- Medicamen Biotech
- Synergy Green Industries
The above news bite is an update on the performance of stocks on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange as of 27 October 2021. Following this high, both BSE and NSE took a dip.
To receive regular updates about the stock market performance, make sure to take a look at Angel One blogs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many points did BSE fall on Wednesday, 27 October 2021?
Ans. BSE fell 207 points and closed at 61,143 points.
- By how much did the Nifty 50 index fall?
Ans. The Nifty Fifty Index fell by 57 points to end at 18,210 points.
- Who was the top dragger?
Ans. Axis Bank was the stock that dragged the most. Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv are among the other draggers.