Given the slew of IPOs that November 2021 witnessed, it is no surprise that the month should set some stock market records. Companies performed well in the IPO, so much so that they have raised twice as much as in the historic November 2017. November 2017 had been another stellar year for IPO in the Indian stock market history.
Here are more details regarding this story!
Key Highlights of Initial Public Offerings in November
- 9 companies together have raised around Rs. 36,720 crores. In August 2021, companies had raised around Rs. 18,242 crores.
- The largest IPO in November 2021 was Paytm’s. Paytm alone raised about 50% of the total amount accumulated in the IPOs, which is around 18,300 crores. It also happens to be the largest IPO in the Indian stock market history.
The companies that launched their IPOs in November 2021 are as follows:
|Name of Company||Issue Size (Rs. in crores)|
|Fino Payments Bank||1,200.29|
|Latent View Analytics||600.00|
In this calendar year alone, companies have raised close to 1 lakh crores.
While there is a substantial investor appetite, there are likely to be some headwinds in the future. Moreover, listing day returns have provided confidence among investors. It has attracted more retail investors than ever before.
While Paytm dominated the fundraising, other private companies too headed to SEBI to file draft papers because of the success of some of these companies on the bourse.
In December, three large companies are expected to go the IPO route. They are Anand Rathi Wealth, Star Health Insurance, and Tega Industries. In addition over 35 companies have filed for IPO recently. On the other hand, 37 other companies have already received SEBI’s go-ahead to float their IPO.
However, the Omicron variant of the virus is likely to cause havoc as investors are awaiting more information regarding the same. Also, MobiKwik has deferred its IPO plans after Paytm’s poor listing.
So, it’s time to set sights on December keeping all this in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the founder of Paytm?
Ans. Vijay Shekar Sharma is the founder of Paytm.
- At what price did Paytm shares list?
Ans. The IPO price per share for Paytm was Rs. 2,080 and Rs. 2,150.
- By how much did Paytm shares dip on the listing?
Ans. Paytm shares dipped by 28% on the listing.