The Data Patterns (IPO) Initial Public Offering was subscribed 119.62 times by the end of its third and closing day. As of 16 December 2021, this public issue received bids for 84,89,85,725 equity shares against 70,97,285 shares allotted by Data Patterns.
Data Patterns is a provider of defence and aerospace electronics solutions. This company operates with more than two decades of industry experience. Being one of the most trusted names in its sector, Data Patterns caters to industry behemoths like Bharat Electronics, Indian Government Space Organisation, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, INS Kunjali, etc.
Let’s proceed to find out about this IPO’s performance on its closing day!
How Did Data Patterns IPO Perform on the Final Day?
Read through the following sections to find out about the performance of Data Patterns IPO across various categories of investors.
- 19,58,847 shares were allotted to the Qualified Institutional Investors (QIB) category, where the correspondinginvestors put in 37,38,56,275
- 15,41,532 shares were reserved forNon-Institutional Investors (NII), where they put their bids for 39,18,89,825 shares.
- Retail Individual Investors (RII) bid for8,32,39,625 shares out of 35,96,906 shares allotted to them.
The table below shows how Data Patterns IPO performed on its final day.
|Investor Segment||IPO Subscription|
Data Patterns reserved 50% of the total issue for QIBs, 35% for retail investors and 15% for NIIs.
A Quick Glance into the Anchor Bids
On 13 December 2021, Data Patterns completed its bidding process with the anchor investors according to a circular shared with BSE. The company raised Rs. 176.46 crores from 23 investors in this pre-IPO round. Data Patterns confirmed allocating 30,16,533 shares to these investors at Rs. 585 apiece.
Some of the notable investors from this anchor round are listed below.
- Axis Mutual Fund
- HDFC Mutual Fund
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Trustee
- Kotak Mutual Fund
- PGIM India Trustee
- HDFC Life Insurance
- Ashoka India Opportunities Fund
- ICICI Prudential
- Nippon Life
- IIFL Focused Equity Fund
- Tata Mutual Fund
- Volrado Venture Partners Fund
Data Patterns IPO: Highlights of Day 1 and Day 2
The following table describes how this initial public offering was subscribed across the various investor categories on Day 1 and Day 2:
|Day 1||–||1.46 Times||5.89 Times||3.3 Times|
|Day 2||0.92 Times||5.20 Times||12.42 Times||7.68 Times|
Data Patterns plans to use its IPO proceeds for the purposes listed below.
- Partial or total prepayment or repayment of its outstanding borrowings
- Upgrading and expanding the company’s facilities in Chennai
- Funding working capital requirements
- General corporate purposes
Data Patterns is one of the most trusted names in the industry of defence products. It is recognised as a leader in the domain of high-reliability electronics. This company’s diverse portfolio of reliable products and services has drawn the attention of several clients, including industry segment leaders.
Data Patterns has also shown significant financial growth in the past few years. Its PAT in FY21 is at Rs. 55.57 crores, which reflects nearly 150% growth compared to Rs. 21.04 crores from the previous financial year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Whatis the minimum investment for Data Patterns IPO?
The lot size for Data Patterns IPO was 25 shares. So, investors could apply for a single lot consisting of 25 shares amounting to Rs. 14,625.
- What is the maximum investment for Data Patterns IPO?
Investors could apply for a maximum of 13 lots comprising 325 equity shares in this IPO and amounting to Rs. 1,90,125.
- When can I buy Data Patterns stocks if I have missed the IPO?
Data Patterns will list its IPO shares on both NSE and BSE on 24 December 2021. If you have missed this IPO, you can buy the stocks of this company from either of the stock exchanges on or after 24 December 2021.
Disclaimer: This blog is exclusively for educational purposes and does not provide any advice/tips on investment or recommend buying and selling any stock.