The Nifty50 experienced a relatively subdued trading day, opening on a flat note at 19,731.15 and oscillating within a narrow range throughout the session. Despite reaching a high of 19,756.45, the index encountered resistance, ultimately closing in the red at 19,694, down by 37.80 points or -0.19% from the previous close.
Top Gainers for the day included Wipro, Bharti Airtel, HCL Tech, Coal India, and Divis Labs, showcasing strength in these stocks. Conversely, Top Losers featured Adani Enterprises, Bajaj Finance, M&M, SBI Life, and Ultratech Cement, reflecting a mixed sentiment among investors.
The day witnessed sectoral variations, with Auto and Media stocks facing significant downturns, indicative of bearish sentiment. In contrast, Nifty Healthcare and Nifty Pharma exhibited resilience, closing either mildly positive or flat, signalling a selective selloff across the market.
In the broader market, the Nifty Smallcap 100 experienced a marginal negative close at -0.07%, while the Nifty Midcap 100 fared slightly better with a provisional uptick of 0.11%. This suggests a nuanced market landscape, with certain segments weathering the storm better than others.
Top 5 mid and small-cap stocks to watch out tomorrow, 21 November 2023:
- Talbros Automotive Components Ltd (CMP Rs 280.70) announced today that it has secured multi-year orders totalling Rs 580 Crores from domestic and international customers across its business divisions, product segments, and joint ventures. This includes Export Orders amounting to Rs 415 crores and multiple Electric Vehicles (EV) Orders worth Rs 270 crores from leading OEMs. Following this news, the stock witnessed substantial buying interest, surging by 20% and hitting the upper circuit.
- JSW Holdings Ltd (CMP Rs 5195.30) broke out of its consolidation range today, experiencing significant buying interest and surging by 10% to achieve a new 52-week high of Rs 5269.95. The trading volume spiked by over 30 times, making it a robust contender for inclusion in your watchlist.
- SML ISUZU Ltd (CMP Rs 1546.65) reached its 52-week high at Rs 1,568.85 today, registering a gain of more than 13%. This showcases resilience compared to other stocks in the auto sector, making it a stock worth considering for your watchlist.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd (CMP: Rs 220.15) has strategically partnered with HDFC Life, one of the country’s premier life insurance providers, to offer life insurance products to its customers. This partnership underscores the bank’s commitment to providing customers with innovative and customer-centric financial solutions. Consider adding this stock to your watchlist.
- Agri-tech (India) Ltd (CMP Rs 217.95) reached its 52-week high of Rs 217.95 today after hitting the upper circuit of 20%. From a technical perspective, the stock broke out of the recently formed flag and pole pattern on daily charts, making it a potential addition to your watchlist.
Disclaimer: This blog has been written exclusively for educational purposes. The securities mentioned are only examples and not recommendations. It is based on several secondary sources on the internet and is subject to changes. Please consult an expert before making related decisions.