Windlas Biotech Ltd. is all geared up to open its initial public offering on 4 August 2021. The IPO will close on 6 August 2021.
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the Windlas Biotech IPO
- The initial public offering will consist of a new issue of Rs. 165 crores.
- It also includes an offer for sale of about 5.14 million shares currently held by its shareholders and promoters.
- This offer for sale includes 1.14 million shares held by Vimla Windlas as well as 4.01 million stocks by Tano India Pvt Equity Fund II. Presently, Vimla Windlas has a 7.8% stake in the company, while Tano India’s stake stands at 22%.
- IIFL Securities, SBI Capital Markets, and DAM Capital Advisors are acting as book-running lead managers of this issue.
Let’s Take a Closer Look
- IPO opening date: 4 August 2021
- IPO closing date: 6 August 2021
- Type of issue: Book-built
- Face value: Rs. 5 per equity share
Here are some important dates to bear in mind:
|Windlas Biotech’s Initial Public Offering: Tentative Timetable|
|Basis of allotment
Crediting of shares to Demat Account
Listing date of the IPO
|11 August 2021
12 August 2021
13 August 2021
17 August 2021
Who are Windlas Biotech, and What Do They Do?
Incorporated in 2001, Windlas Biotech Ltd is a pharmaceutical formulations contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO). It offers a broad variety of services, ranging from product discovery, development, and licensing to the commercial manufacture of generic products. Windlas Biotech has two strategic operations – exports and domestic trade generics and over-the-counter (OTC) brands.
Why is Windlas Biotech Going Public?
By way of this issue, Windlas Biotech aims to utilise proceeds worth Rs. 50 crores to purchase equipment necessary to expand the capacity of an existing facility at the Dehradun Plant – IV. Moreover, the company wants to add injectable dosage capacity at its facility at Dehradun Plant – II.
Additionally, Windlas Biotech will use proceeds amounting to Rs. 47.56 crores to fund its incremental working capital requirement. Furthermore, Rs. 20 crores will go towards repaying certain debts.
Key Business Highlights
- Windlas Biotech is one of the top players in India’s CDMO industry in terms of revenue.
- At present, it owns and operates 4 manufacturing facilities, all of which are located in Dehradun.
- Its facilities have an aggregate operating capacity of 61.08 million liquid bottles, 547,063.83 million capsules/tablets, and 46 million sachet/pouches (figures as of December 2020).
- The company posted a net profit of Rs. 15.57 crores for FY2021, against Rs. 16.21 crores in the previous fiscal.
- Its revenue from operations soared to Rs. 427.60 crores for fiscal 2021 from Rs. 328.85 crores in FY20.
Windlas Biotech’s initial public offering will open on 4 August 2021 and close on 6 August 2021. This IPO comprises an offer for sale of 5.14 million shares by shareholders and promoters, alongside a fresh issue of Rs. 165 crores.
To gain comprehensive knowledge about the company and its IPO, you can read up this blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the lot size of Windlas Biotech IPO?
Information on its lot size and minimum order quantity is yet to be available.
- When is Windlas Biotech IPO allotment?
Windlas Biotech will finalise its basis of allotment on 11 August 2021. Thereafter, the allocated shares will get credited to one’s Demat account by 13 August 2021.
- What is the listing date for Windlas Biotech IPO?
17 August 2021