The initial public offering of Devyani International was subscribed 116.70 times as of 5 PM on 6 August, the final day of its IPO. The IPO received bids for 13,13,79,21,555 shares against an issue size of 112,569,719 equity shares. In contrast, this IPO was subscribed only 3.06 times and 6.61 times on day 1 and day 2’s end.
Devyani International IPO opened on 4 August 2021 and closed today. Per its DRHP, Devyani International IPO consists of a fresh issue of Rs. 440 crores along with an offer for sale of Rs. 1,389 crores. The issue comes with a fixed price band of Rs. 86 – 90 per share with a face value of Re. 1 apiece.
To know how Devyani International IPO performed on its third and final day, let’s look at the following sections.
Devyani International IPO Subscription Status on Day 3
Here’s how Devyani International’s public offering performed across various investor segments on its IPO’s last day:
- Qualified institutional buyers (QIBs) have bid for 5,82,13,49,490 shares against 61,101,666 shares reserved for them.
- Retail investors have subscribed for 80,49,33,360 shares against the 2,03,67,221 shares that were allocated for them.
- Non-institutional investors (NIIs) have placed bids for 6,50,90,55,465 shares against 30,550,832 shares reserved for them.
- The employees of Devyani International have subscribed 4.70 times the shares reserved for this category.
How Did Devyani International IPO Perform?
Let’s look at a tabular representation of Devyani International IPO’s performance for the past 3 days across all the categories:
|Categories of Investor||IPO Subscription|
|Qualified institutional buyers||95.27 times|
|Retail investors||39.52 times|
|Non-institutional buyers||213.06 times|
More than half of the shares were reserved for qualified institutional buyers. About 27% and 18% of the IPO were meant for NIIs and individual retail investors.
Anchor Investors Poured Rs. 800+ Crores in Devyani International
Ahead of its IPO, Devyani International had mopped up Rs. 825 crores from 63 anchor investors on 3 August. It allocated over 9.16 crores shares to anchor investors at Rs. 90 apiece. Out of these shares, more than 2.1 crore shares are reserved for 6 domestic mutual funds through 28 schemes.
Some of the top Devyani International anchor investors include:
- Goldman Sachs
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Government of Singapore
- Nomura Trust
- Mirae Asset
- NS Partners Trust
- Carmignac Portfolio
- Best Investment Corporation
The domestic anchor investors are as follows:
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
- SBI General Insurance
- SBI Life Insurance
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
- ICICI Mutual
- Tata Mutual Fund
- Sundaram Mutual Fund
Investors who missed out on the opportunity to subscribe to Devyani International IPO can buy shares of the company once it gets listed on BSE and NSE. However, they must make sure to check the company’s strengths, finances, and business model before allocating funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the listing date for Devyani International IPO?
16 August 2021
- How to subscribe to Devyani International IPO?
You can no longer subscribe to this public offering. However, you can buy its shares once it’s listed on the bourses.
- When will the finalisation of the basis of allotment happen?
11 August 2021