Education is one of the pillars of any economy and it needs adequate investment. Increasing awareness of the need for education in India is raising its demand. However, in the process of increasing the quantity of education, the quality often gets ignored. However, there are a few companies in India which are indeed bringing in scalable innovation in order to improve the quality of education in the country. Some of these companies are listed and you can buy their shares.
Overview of the Education Sector in India
India’s education sector is supposed to be around $120 billion and is expected to reach beyond $200 billion by 2025. The government has also set out the National Education Plan and the National Skill Development Corporation among other things in order to improve education and impart skills training to the youth. In addition, the growing population, income levels and innovation are going to increase the demand for education (including internet-based and other digital solutions for learning and management). Therefore, the best education stocks of companies with the capacity to innovate and scale their products hold tremendous potential for investors.
List of top education stocks in India
The following is the list of the top education stocks in India:
|Name of the Company||P/E Ratio (TTM)||EPS (TTM)||Current price|
|Navneet Education Ltd||22.66||12.18||₹140.05|
|Veranda Learning Solutions Ltd||–||–||₹317.65|
|S Chand and Co.||13.73||12.24||₹168.95|
|CL Educate Ltd||18.49||8.11||₹160.65|
|Shanti Educational Initiatives Ltd||2147.86||0.49||₹70.70|
|Zee Learn Ltd||131.86||-0.12||₹7.15|
- Navneet Education Ltd. – The company is famous for its stationary products but it also produces digital and print medium content such as children’s books. Its market cap is ₹3126 cr and it has made a profit of around ₹140 cr in 2022. Its stock price has seen a 33.64% increase in the last 12 months.
- Veranda Learning Solutions Ltd. – It is a ₹1795 cr company that offers online, offline and hybrid solutions for content related to academia, professional courses, upskilling and competitive exams. Its stock price has seen a 153% growth, even though it has seen losses of ₹58.49 cr in 2022.
- S Chand and Co. – It is a ₹589 cr company that has made profits worth ₹11.18 cr in 2022. It is primarily focused on producing educational books for schools, colleges and professionals. Its stock price has made a 35.42% gain in the last one year.
- CL Educate Ltd. – It is a ₹413 cr company that has made profits worth ₹13.92 cr in 2022. Its stock price has increased by 64% in the last one year. It offers services in test preparation, career launching, publishing (under GK Publications), marketing, other system solutions for schools and also distributes titles for schools and other institutions.
- NIIT Ltd. – It is an IT services company focused on skills and talent development in India through technological innovation like virtual and augmented reality. It is a ₹3761 cr company that made ₹226 cr profit in 2022. Its share price, however, has fallen by over 10% in the past 12 months.
- Shanti Educational Initiatives Ltd. – It is an India-based company providing school management solutions. It is a ₹1694 cr company and has made a profit of ₹0.8 cr in 2022.The stock price has increased by 522.81%.
- Zee Learn Ltd. – It is a company that provides education support services including learning solutions and training support. With almost 2000 facilities, its brand Kidzee is a major pre-school network. It has a market cap of ₹235 cr but it has seen losses of around ₹2.72 cr. Moreover, its stock price has seen a massive fall in price by 47.43% in the last 12 months.
- MPS Infotecnics Ltd. – It is an IT solutions provider which also has an eLearning component in its business. It is a leading supplier of online education, simulations and Augmented and Virtual Reality. Its market capitalization is of around ₹208 cr and it has made a loss of over ₹4.12 cr in 2022. Its stock price has, however, increased by 175% in the last one year, thereby making it one of the best education stocks in India.
Now that you know about the best education stocks in India, try opening a demat account and start trading today!
Disclaimer: This blog is exclusively for educational purposes. The securities quoted are exemplary and not recommendatory.