Veranda Learning Solutions, a Chennai-based learning solutions company, collected Rs 46.75 crore from 3 anchor investors on March 28 ahead of its public offering. The business announced to exchanges that it has finalized the distribution of 34,12,500 equity shares to anchor investors at a price range of Rs 137 per equity share.
Through the anchor book, AG Dynamic Funds purchased Rs 25 crore in equity shares, Resonance Opportunities Fund purchased Rs 10 crore in equity shares, and Next Orbit Ventures was allotted Rs 11.74 crore in equity shares. In March, the second public issue will be available for subscription.
The subscription period for the Rs 200 crore offer will begin on March 29 and end on March 31. The offer’s price range is Rs 130-Rs 137 per share. The net proceeds from the net fresh issuance will be used to pay off debts, pay for acquisition costs or loans associated with Edureka, and fund expansion efforts.
See more details about Veranda learning solutions ipo
Veranda Learning Solutions’ diversified and integrated learning solutions will help students, professionals, and corporate employees who took professional courses, competitive examinations, short-term upskilling and reskilling courses.
Proceeds from the Initial Public Offering (IPO)
The funds will be used for the following purposes, according to the company:
- Repayment or payback of all or selected borrowings, in part or in full: Rs 60 crore
- Payment of the Edureka purchase consideration: Rs 25 crore
- Rs 50 crore in growth initiatives
In 1995, promoter Kalpathi Suresh and colleagues joined the financial markets with the SSI Ltd. listing, which later purchased Aptech Ltd. before being sold to Rakesh Jhunjhunwala. With Veranda Learning Solutions, the holding company for the educational section they bought in the previous two years, they entered the education field once again. Andromeda Edutech Pvt. Ltd. was established in November of 2018. It’s a “multi-course tech-infused firm” that offers online, offline, and hybrid courses.
The firm began operations in December 2020 by purchasing the coaching institution Chennai Race, followed by the acquisition of Edureka for Rs 193 crore. It caters to Tamil Nadu and Karnataka’s southern markets, offering course materials in multiple languages.
The firm is divided into four verticals:
- Veranda Race Learning Solutions Pvt. offers state service commission, bank, and insurance exam preparation.
- Veranda CA offers chartered accountant training.
- Veranda IAS Learning offers educational preparation for civil service or UPSC exams.
- Edureka, a brand of Brain4ce Educations, is an online training platform for short-term technical skills for IT workers.
The organization works with selected delivery centers, with whom it splits income of 65-75 percent. The company’s biggest income generators are Edureka and Veranda CA.
The firm has just been in existence since December 2020, hence its financial history is limited. During the fiscal year 2021 and the six-month period ending September 2021, it was in the red.
Competition among peers
According to the corporation, there are no publicly traded businesses in India that operate in a comparable industry.
- If it is unable to properly discover and integrate acquisitions, it risks jeopardizing its growth strategy, company, operating performance, and prospects.
- Changes in relationships with preferred delivery partners, non-adherence to service standards, payment defaults, or other contractual breaches or irregularities may have a negative impact on the company’s business, profits, and prospects.
- The company’s intellectual property has not been registered under the Indian patent or copyright laws.
- IT-related professional courses offered by Edureka and exam-oriented courses supplied by Veranda Race account for a considerable amount of operational income.
Disclaimer: This blog is exclusively for educational purposes and does not provide any advice/tips on investment or recommend buying and selling any stock.