On 14 September 2021, Tuesday, shares of Ami Organics and Vijaya Diagnostic made strong debuts on D-Street after a number of tepid listings. Here, we’ll be looking into how the listing day of these two stocks turned out.
Ami Organics Makes a Firm Debut
Ami Organics shares got listed on the BSE at Rs. 902, thus representing a premium of approximately 48% to the IPO issue price. Only a few minutes after making its debut on the bourses, this company’s share price dropped by 2% to Rs. 878. Nevertheless, this stock surged during the trading session and closed at Rs 934.55, up by more than 53% from its IPO price.
Vijaya Diagnostic Shares Surge after Listing
Shares of Vijaya Diagnostic debuted on the bourses at Rs. 542.30 against its IPO price of Rs. 531. At the end of the trading day, this stock closed at Rs. 619.30, representing a 16.63% increase in comparison to its issue price.
A Quick Look at Ami Organics
Established in 2004, Ami Organics is a manufacturer of speciality chemicals. This Surat-based company produces various kinds of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Moreover, it manufactures key starting materials for fine chemicals well as agrochemicals.
Here are some noteworthy highlights regarding this company that are vital for investors to know:
- Ami Organics is one of the leading producers of a number of pharmaceutical intermediates, such as Rivaroxaban, Trazodone, and more.
- This company has three production facilities with an overall installed capacity of 6,060 MTPA.
- It has a robust research and development infrastructure along with strong marketing capabilities.
- The product portfolio of Ami Organics consists of more than 450 pharmaceutical intermediates across more than 15 therapeutic segments.
Vijaya Diagnostic in Brief
Based in Hyderabad, Vijaya Diagnostic Centre provides pathology and radiology testing services. It also offers an extensive range of personalised wellness packages.
Investors must be aware of these key details regarding the company:
- Incorporated in 1981, Vijaya Diagnostic Centre is the largest diagnostic chain in the southern part of India.
- This company provides high-quality diagnostics services at a reasonable price; all its laboratories are nationally accredited.
- The facilities of this company are equipped with the latest technology; moreover, the IT infrastructure Vijaya Diagnostic Centre is extremely strong.
- This company has a robust network of operations, comprising more than 75 diagnostics along with 11 reference laboratories.
The share price of the last 4 companies to get listed had dropped below the IPO price on listing day. However, these two stocks performed quite well on getting listed. Considering the strengths of the company, there appears to be a lot more in store for shareholders. That said, if you want to invest in these two stocks, you must ensure to consider various factors related to the companies, such as their weaknesses, opportunities and financials.
Also, make sure to stay updated with the upcoming initial public offerings for more investment opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I buy shares of Ami Organics or Vijaya Diagnostic Centre?
To invest in shares of Ami Organics or Vijaya Diagnostic Centre, investors can open a DEMAT account. However, existing customers can buy these stocks by signing into their online trading account.
- Who is the promoter of Vijaya Diagnostic Centre?
The promoter of Vijaya Diagnostic Centre is Dr S. Surendranath Reddy.
- What is the debt-equity ratio of Ami Organics?
The debt-equity ratio of Ami Organics is 0.83.