By 16 September 2021, the third and last day of Sansera Engineering IPO, the shares were subscribed 11.47 times. As a result, Sansera’s public offer received total bids for 13,88,39,000 shares against the 1,21,09,166 shares reserved for investors belonging to different categories.
Sansera is one of the leading auto component manufacturers in India. Its robust business model and diverse product portfolio have helped it establish a strong footing in the market. To bank on its market presence, the company filed a DRHP with market regulator SEBI in June 2021 to fundraise up to Rs. 1,282.98 crores at a price band of Rs. 734 – Rs. 744.
On that note, let us find out how Sansera Engineering IPO performed in general.
Sansera Engineering IPO Performance by the End of Day 3: In Brief
Here’s a peek into how Sansera Engineering IPO performed across different investor categories:
- The category of Qualified institutional buyers or QIBs received bids for 9,06,15,020 shares against an allotted number of 34,23,442 equity shares.
- Non-institutional investors or NII sought 2,91,94,540 shares out of the 25,67,582 shares reserved for them.
- Retail individual investors or RIIs put in a total bid for 1,88,55,300 equity shares against the 59,91,024 shares reserved for them.
- The employee category received 1,74,140 applications for a reserved number of 1,27,118 shares.
Check out the tabular representation of the Sansera Engineering IPO subscription below:
|Investor Category||Number of Times Subscribed|
|Qualified Institutional Buyers||26.47 times|
|Non-Institutional Investors||11.37 times|
|Retail Individual Investors||3.15 times|
Anchor Investment – At a Glance
Ahead of its initial public offering, Sansera managed to raise around Rs. 382 crores or $51.9 million from its anchor investors. Anchor investors of this company were allocated equity shares at Rs. 744 apiece.
In total, Sansera Engineering allocated 5.16 million equity shares to its 27 anchor investors, inclusive of 3 domestic mutual funds.
Participating Anchor investors
- Government of Singapore
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- SBI Life Insurance Co.
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Max Life Insurance Company
- Axis Mutual Fund
- Kuber India Fund
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Government of Singapore: 9.95%
- The Nomura Trust and Banking Co: 8.64%
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority: 8.38%
Also, nearly 9.95 million equity shares making 19.37% of the reserved portion for anchor investors were allocated to 3 domestic funds through 7 schemes. Such schemes include:
- Axis Mutual Funs
- Baroda Multi-Cap Fund
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
How does Sansera Engineering Intend to Benefit from this IPO?
Sansera Engineering intends to benefit in these ways:
- Carry out an OFS of its equity shares held with shareholders
- Avail the benefits of getting listed on stock exchanges
Sansera Engineering IPO Day 1 and Day 2 Highlights: In Retrospect
The below table highlights how Sansera Engineering IPO performed on the first and second day of public subscription:
|Day of Bidding||QIB portion||RII portion||NII portion||Employees||Total|
|Day 1||0.29 times||0.87 times||0.07 times||0.36 times||0.53 times|
|Day 2||0.38 times||1.72 times||0.22 times||1.03 times||1.02 times|
At its upper end of the IPO price band, Sansera Engineering is expected to raise around Rs. 1,282.98 crores. However, due to a successful public offer subscription, this manufacturer of automotive and non-automotive components has achieved its fundraising goals, making its IPO a success.
If investors have missed out on Sansera Engineering’s public offer, they can park money in its shares once they are listed on the stock exchanges. Streamline your investment activities further by downloading the Angel One app.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Sansera Engineering IPO’s registrar?
Link Intime India Private Ltd. is Sansera Engineering IPO’s registrar.
- When will Sansera Engineering IPO’s equity shares get listed on the bourses?
The tentative listing date is 24 September 2021.
- When will Sansera Engineering shares get credited to investors’ DEMAT account?
Sansera Engineering shares will get credited to investors’ DEMAT account on 23 September 2021.