Railtel IPO allotment finalisation will happen today. If you have applied for the IPO, here is how you can check RailTel IPO allotment status.
In the IPO registrar’s website
- KFintech was the appointed registrar of the IPO offer. Investors can visit their website at https://ris.kfintech.com/ipostatus/ to check RailTel IPO allotment status
- Next, select IPO and enter either application number, or DPID or the PAN card details
- Enter application number if you have chosen that option, or DPID or PAN details in the box given
- Enter the captcha code in the required space and click on submit
In BSE website
- Investors can check IPO status on the stock exchange’s website at (https://www.bseindia.com/investors/appli_check.aspx)
- Select issue type as equity and issue name, RailTel Corporation of India, from the dropdown list
- Enter application number and PAN details and click on the search tab
The IPO shares will get credited directly to your Demat account on February 24, and the shares will debut in the stock exchanges on February 25, 2021.
The Railtel IPO worth Rs 819 crores opened between February 16-18, 2021. It contained 8.71 crores OFS shares, amounting to 27 percent of the government’s stake in the company.
Railtel is the largest neutral telecom infrastructure provider responsible for providing ICT services to the India Railways. It belongs to the Mini Ratna Category -1 companies, established in 2000. The company owns several data centres in Secundrabad, Haryana, Telangana, and Gurugram, executed several important projects for the India Railways. Since 2007, RailTel is operating as a net-debt free company, barring some short-term debts.
Railtel Corporation of IPO received the highest number of subscription, more than RITE and IRCTC issues, in the retail investor category, 16.78 times the quota. Earlier, RITE received 14.74 times, and IRCTC received 14.95 times subscription in the retail segment.
QIB investors subscribed 65.14 times and NII investors 73.25 times of their respective quotas in RaiTtel IPO. Overall, the IPO received 42.42 times subscription for its issue size of 8.71 crores of OFS shares. However, in comparison to IRCTC (111.95 times) and RITE (67.24 times), RailTel received a moderate subscription for its IPO offer.
Ahead of the fianlisation of allotment, Railtel shares were trading at Rs 14 premium over the issue price. In the grey market, the shares were trading at Rs 108, or a 15 percent premium of the issue price.
The IPO launch of RailTel Corporation of India was a part of the Union government’s divestment plan to strengthen the economy. The shares launched in the price band of Rs 93-94 per shares were expected to raise Rs 819 crores from the market.
RailTel IPO was the fourth IPO of 2021, which opened for subscription on January 18. Earlier, another railway company, IRFC, was the first IPO launch of 2021. The issuer is likely to finalise the IPO price at Rs 94, the upper limit of the price band.