The opening bell of 4 August 2021 can be marked as a notable one as 4 companies from different industries made their Dalal Street Debut. This list included Exxaro Tiles, Windlas Biotech, Devyani International Ltd, and Krsnaa Diagnostics. The response for these IPOs has been overwhelming on the first day, as allotted shares have been subscribed fully for all four companies.
Here are the details as per official data collected from the exchange –
- Exxaro Tiles IPO by 4.67 times
- Windlas Biotech IPO by 3.18 times
- Devyani International IPO by 2.69 times
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO by 1.98 times
Read on to get an overview of each IPO’s performance on their first day.
First-Day Performance of Each IPO
One of the leading ceramic tiles manufacturers of this country has received an amazing response on its public debut. According to the exchange report for an allotted 11.4 million shares, they have received bids amounting to 53.5 million.
The allotment for retail investors was subscribed 9.29 times, and 65% of shares allotted for non-institutional investors were applied for on the first day.
Furthermore, 74% of the shares allotted for employees has been subscribed, and QIB or qualified institutional buyers have bid for 1.11 times what they were allocated.
Leading QSR (quick serving restaurant) segment and the largest franchisee of Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee and KFC in India, Devyani International had a solid day on its first day of IPO. The total size of Devyani’s IPO is Rs. 1838 crores, and allotted shares are 112.57 million.
On the closing bell of the first day, it has received a subscription request of 302.36 million. It included the following –
- The RII or retail individual investors have subscribed 11.36 times of their allotment
- The allotment for non-institutional investors have been subscribed 77% of the total portion
- Employees have subscribed 1.56 times of their allocated shares
- Qualified institutional buyers have placed bids for 77% of their reserved portion
Windlas Biotech, one of the leading developers of CSMO in India, has received bids for 19.4 million shares against their allotment of 6.14 million equity shares. The subscription data made public by the exchange has shown that –
- RII has received a subscription bid of 6.22 times over its allotment
- NII has subscribed to 34% of their set aside portion
- The QII section has not received any bids as of now
Keeping up with the trend of first-day bidding, Krsnaa Diagnostics has received an overwhelming response against its IPO launch. For its allotted 7.11 million equity shares, it has received bids of 14.1 million shares.
As per data made available by the exchange, allotment for retail investors has been subscribed 9.59 times more than what was allotted. Moreover, non-institutional investors have bid for 15% of their subscription allotment, and qualified institutional investors for 48% of their allotment.
The first-day bidding statistics of these four IPOs offer a glimpse of what traders can expect in the coming two days. These IPOs are open till 6 August 2021, and every company on this list is a leader in the designated business vertical, offering great value for aspiring shareholders.
For further updates of these four IPOs, or the other coming in the following months, keep referring to Angel One Blogs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the IPO size for Windlas Biotech?
Windlas Biotech IPO issue size is Rs. 401.54 crores with fresh issue shares of Rs. 165 crores and an OFS of Rs. 236.54 crores.
- What is the face value of Krsnaa Diagnostics shares?
The face value of Krsnaa Diagnostics shares is Rs. 5 per share.
- What is the IPO price band of Exxaro tiles?
The IPO price band of Exxaro tiles is Rs. 118 to Rs. 120.
- Who is the registrar for Devyani International and Windlas Biotech IPO?
Link Intime India Pvt. Ltd. is the registrar of Devyani International and Windlas Biotech IPO.