By the third and last day of its IPO, i.e., 1 October 2021, Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd shares were subscribed a total of 5.24 times. Accordingly, the company’s public offer received bids for 14,57,09,180 shares against the 2,77,99,200 reserved shares for different investor categories.
This lender had filed its preliminary papers with the market regulator in April. Per its DRHP, Aditya Birla intends to raise around Rs. 2,770 crores with a market lot of 20 shares. The price band of Aditya Birla IPO was set at Rs. 695 – Rs. 712 apiece.
On that note, let us proceed to find out how Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO performed across different investor segments.
Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO Performance by the End of Day 3: Key Highlights
This is how Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO fared across each investor category:
- Qualified institutional buyers (QIB) received total bids of 7,65,17,980 shares against the 73,87,200 equity shares reserved for this category.
- Non-institutional investors (NII) received 2,43,09,480 applications against the 55,40,400 equity shares reserved for them.
- The category of retail individual investors (RIIs) received a total application of 4,16,18,860 equity shares. However, only 1,29,27,600 shares were reserved for this category.
Here’s a tabular representation of Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC IPO subscription.
|Investor Category||Number of Times Subscribed|
|Qualified Institutional Buyers||10.36 times|
|Non-Institutional Investors||4.39 times|
|Retail Individual Investors||3.22 times|
A Quick Glance at Aditya Birla IPO’s Anchor Investment
Right before its initial public offer, this AMC managed to carry out a pre-placement offer. Resultantly, it was successful in raising Rs. 789 crores from its anchor investors. As per a circular shared on BSE’s website, the AMC decided to allot a total of 1,10,80,800 shares to its anchor investors at Rs. 712 per equity share.
Some of the major anchor investors of this initial public offer are as follows:
- UTI MF
- SBI MF
- Axis MF
- Max Life Insurance Company
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
- SBI Life Insurance Co Ltd.
- BNP Paribas Arbitrage
- HSBC Global Investment Fund
How will Aditya Birla Use its IPO Net Proceeds?
Aditya Birla intends to use its net proceeds from the initial public offer in these ways:
- Fund its capital expenditure
- Replenish working capital
- Address general corporate expenses
Highlights of Day 1 and Day 2 of Aditya Birla IPO
Take a look at this table below to check the highlights of the first two days of Aditya Birla IPO subscription:
|Day of Bidding||QIB portion||RII portion||NII portion|
|Day 1||0.00 times||1.09 times||0.14 times|
|Day 2||0.06 times||2.00 times||0.40 times|
Since the IPO was a success, the company has managed to raise its targeted funds. That said, if investors were unable to subscribe to Aditya Birla IPO shares, they could always invest in company shares once they debut on the bourses. Supposedly, the IPO share listing date is set on 11 October 2021.
Individuals can catch up with up all the latest stock market and upcoming IPO details by simply keeping an eye on our blog section. In case someone is yet to begin his/her investment journey, they can do so by opening a Demat A/c with Angel One.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Aditya Birla IPO’s registrar?
KFintech Private Limited is Aditya Birla IPO’s registrar.
- When will Aditya Birla IPO’s shares get listed on the bourses?
11 October 2021 is the tentative date of share listing.
- When will Aditya Birla shares get credited to my DEMAT account?
Aditya Birla shares will be credited to investors’ Demat A/c on 8 October 2021.